QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends where you apply the emphasis on the comment I guess.

Personally couldn’t care less.

Do find it amusing the people that lambast clubs for making player payments and being high in their points count.

If they’re playing in the rules what is the issue?

Yes that is correct Outa - and I agree, think it could be the whole week at best.

Absolutely, there are rumblings it could be 2 weeks. Either way I think the 9 cases yesterday all but ended chances of this ending on Tuesday.

Wouldn't surprise me if just the top 4 play off if we happen to get out of this in 2 weeks time.

Yep there you go. Wont be surprised if this season gets canned

I don't think it will come to that but I think it might end up being a case of the fixtured season ending in current ladder positions and finals to commence in a few weeks time. Not ideal at all but what else can HQ do without extending the seasons right out....

I don't think it will come to that but I think it might end up being a case of the fixtured season ending in current ladder positions and finals to commence in a few weeks time. Not ideal at all but what else can HQ do without extending the seasons right out....

I think that would be a good result. Fingers crossed hey

Well there will be no game this weekend as the shutdown has been extended until 4pm Sunday

Would think Final 8 now set and be very lucky if we get them off ground as scheduled on 14th August

If not think Final 4 is probably a fair outcome in our competition as the
Top 4 have been clearly best sides all Year. Obviously from personal point of view would want our club playing finals as boys deserve it after a hard year.

But at the end of day as long as we get a decider I think that is most important.

Who knows if it’s not a fair opportunity for every club they may call it as all done as well.

Have to think there should be a decider. even if they have to play it with no spectators in the desert somewhere

1 & 2 both undefeated and drew when they played each other. Would be very harsh to tell either of them they don't hold the cup without losing a game on the field

Would think Final 8 now set and be very lucky if we get them off ground as scheduled on 14th August

If not think Final 4 is probably a fair outcome in our competition as the
Top 4 have been clearly best sides all Year. Obviously from personal point of view would want our club playing finals as boys deserve it after a hard year.

But at the end of day as long as we get a decider I think that is most important.

Who knows if it’s not a fair opportunity for every club they may call it as all done as well.
Results certainly point towards only 4 teams could possibly make the GF. But you never know until finals. History is littered with surprises in finals people didn't see coming base on H&A form.
Surely the lockdown extension is designed to capture the infections and isolate them. I have quiet confidence that the seaaon can occur in the days following Sunday 4pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on AFLQ announcement of finals series beginning next week if all goes to plan and a further 2 points for this round coming ladder should look like this for first week of finals. 8F3C6F40-730A-4281-BC91-614514E86D26.jpeg

Results certainly point towards only 4 teams could possibly make the GF. But you never know until finals. History is littered with surprises in finals people didn't see coming base on H&A form.
Surely the lockdown extension is designed to capture the infections and isolate them. I have quiet confidence that the seaaon can occur in the days following Sunday 4pm

Hope it is a 'better safe than sorry' scenario

Problem is coming out of lockdown won't just be a snapback to normal - have to imagine there will be some lingering travel or gathering restrictions. And how would that affect finals which are the most attended games of the year

Based on AFLQ announcement of finals series beginning next week if all goes to plan and a further 2 points for this round coming ladder should look like this for first week of finals. View attachment 1194056

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have a sneaky feeling they will extend until past the Wednesday Ecca Holiday to be on safe side and keep people from getting out and about.

So probably 1 days training Thursday leading into finals that weekend is best case scenario.

Shocking way to end season for all clubs and holding off Mad Monday celebrations, which also now all on hold.

No winners all round.

Have to think there should be a decider. even if they have to play it with no spectators in the desert somewhere

1 & 2 both undefeated and drew when they played each other. Would be very harsh to tell either of them they don't hold the cup without losing a game on the field

Sounds good in theory but won’t pass pub test with all other competitions. Our competition is probably only one where top 2 sides clearly best.

Will be interesting how it plays out if this crap continues past 14th August.

I have a sneaky feeling they will extend until past the Wednesday Ecca Holiday to be on safe side and keep people from getting out and about.

So probably 1 days training Thursday leading into finals that weekend is best case scenario.

Shocking way to end season for all clubs and holding off Mad Monday celebrations, which also now all on hold.

No winners all round.

Dont forget the inevitable strict restrictions that will remain in place once it ends too.

Well as I see it the top 8's in both comps are locked in.
Nervous wait initially for teams placed 5-8 as they will be the first ones cut if things get extended.
Got a few weeks so there is hope for a reduced finals I would think

Well as I see it the top 8's in both comps are locked in.
Nervous wait initially for teams placed 5-8 as they will be the first ones cut if things get extended.
Got a few weeks so there is hope for a reduced finals I would think
I hope they just extend the finals. I'm sure blokes would rather play than watch an afl final on tv.

Who’s everyone’s tip for the finals In both grades , and best and fairest?

hard to pick between blues and the bay

And best and fairest Wagner 👍

Agreed, barring some huge shock. who knows what 2 weeks off footy can throw up though. probably means all teams close to full strength, if not match fitness

If the finals go ahead as planned, 2 teams in week 1 would buy themselves another week off. which might actually hurt in the circumstances. going into a prelim having played 1 game in 4 weeks

Still going to say MB - Hinterland in the GF

the 2s more interesting, only Redcliffe & Kedron not having to field seniors the same day. whoever of them gets through could pull an upset. but - going to say Kenmore - Hinterland in the 2s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back