QFA Div 2 North

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They wanted to split geographically last year but it won't work as the gap between div 3 and 4 is bloody huge.

I think I speak for many Friday night warriors when I say there is absolutely no way I'm driving to Nsmbour on a Friday night!

Dont blame you - although Maroochy same distance... ;) - I find it hard to fathom that Maroochydore run a side in Div 3 with guys heading to places like Ormeau on a Friday night. I think it would work itself out the standard but makes sense to have a north of the Pine (or thereabouts) and south of the Pine competition

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
[/QUOTE]
It will be mate but a lot of blokes missed out on games last year and we have no masters so a few of the old crew who haven't played for a couple of years are wanting it as well.
There is plenty of interest in it so expectation is it should be good.
Remember in 2023 the plan is no Colts so if it's already established it makes it easy.
The new facility upgrades probably help with a couple numbers too.

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
It will be mate but a lot of blokes missed out on games last year and we have no masters so a few of the old crew who haven't played for a couple of years are wanting it as well.
There is plenty of interest in it so expectation is it should be good.
Remember in 2023 the plan is no Colts so if it's already established it makes it easy.
I'd find it a struggle to get to bribie island on a friday night let alone the sunny coast

StillGotIt

All Australian
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would say they're fairly similar, now that the Caloundra roadworks are complete

Getting to Caboolture on a friday night is the frustrating part - once you get past that Bribie turnoff it's pretty plain sailing

StillGotIt

All Australian
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dont blame you - although Maroochy same distance... ;) - I find it hard to fathom that Maroochydore run a side in Div 3 with guys heading to places like Ormeau on a Friday night. I think it would work itself out the standard but makes sense to have a north of the Pine (or thereabouts) and south of the Pine competition

Ormeau on a Friday is probably a luxury for them - not long back they were travelling to Hervey Bay and even Bundy for a game. Whole weekend gone. At least with Ormeau on a Friday you can book a room at surfers and make a weekend of it

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congrats to Wynnum on making the step up to Div 1. Makes it a much more competitive comp up there. Now 13 teams remaining in here - interesting to see what happens
I suppose it will come down to how many in South comp.
Will borders be open for footy. If not it's a small comp. But I'm going with no change other than those who stepped up and maybe one struggling for numbers might not get up.

StillGotIt

All Australian
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Surely by then. Surely.

Anyone in the know about Sandgate's intentions for next year? See they have already announced a raft of re-signings

Macman70

Senior List
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Wynnum Vikings
The Stewart's former club & current list made up of coorparoo off cut’s.
Mate you really don't know our club or these people very well if that's the type of reasoning you want to jump to. Jump up a division to beat one club because of some strange personal grudge by about three people at the club??
Idiot

Macman70

Senior List
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Wynnum Vikings
No response from Macman maybe indicates to me that they are considering idea.

The big fella is always quick to squash any rumours at Vikings. Must be recruiting a heap to be considering it?

Mate I was sworn to secrecy until it was all confirmed. Was only conjecture back when you asked the question with lots of hoops to jump through so I could not really respond. Always been a goal of the club so here we go.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mate you really don't know our club or these people very well if that's the type of reasoning you want to jump to. Jump up a division to beat one club because of some strange personal grudge by about three people at the club??
Idiot
So your saying your decision wasn't made up from spite.
🤣🤣🤣.
Good luck to you all.

Dusty Pup

Senior List
Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Was meant to write this on this page.

All the best Macman. Let’s hope it successful. I believe your biggest challenge will be keeping a list of 50+. Your 2s will have to be prepared for some floggings. Great for the club and the region so let’s hope the Vikings succeed.

Makes div 2 North exciting.
Hinterland
Sandgate
Park Ridge
Redcliffe
Kenmore

All would be thinking they’re a chance now

Still Me

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate I was sworn to secrecy until it was all confirmed. Was only conjecture back when you asked the question with lots of hoops to jump through so I could not really respond. Always been a goal of the club so here we go.

Good luck to Brendan and all the team mate, big step but I am sure you have done all your due diligence and made right decisions for club.

Hearing Sandgate definitely going up in 2023 and have had that reassurance from Headquarters.

Hopefully Div 2 remains as is but who knows what will happen with the Div 2 South competition.

Got right numbers now in our competition I think and should be fairly even competition with everyone chasing Hinterland and Sandgate for mine.

Kedron and Redcliffe look the big improvers. We still building from our kids and that will be our focus again but we have a couple of new handy additions that will more than help our cause.

BlackGun1

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good luck to Brendan and all the team mate, big step but I am sure you have done all your due diligence and made right decisions for club.

Hearing Sandgate definitely going up in 2023 and have had that reassurance from Headquarters.

Hopefully Div 2 remains as is but who knows what will happen with the Div 2 South competition.

Got right numbers now in our competition I think and should be fairly even competition with everyone chasing Hinterland and Sandgate for mine.

Kedron and Redcliffe look the big improvers. We still building from our kids and that will be our focus again but we have a couple of new handy additions that will more than help our cause.

Kedron definitely big improvers, looks like they've turned a corner after their Zillmere walkout and in a really good place. Have been critical of them in the past but feels like they're going about it the right way. Allison a massive addition at this level so wouldn't surprise me if they scrape in for finals.

Yeronga a big question mark for mine, have heard their b&f winner Lonergan is trying his hand at a higher level and the likes of Corrie and their other veterans all a year older. But they seem to find guys easily so who knows. Haven't heard much from Kenmore or Alex Hills in regards to recruits either. Makes that tier below Hinterland/Sandgate very close indeed.

It's going to be a cracker me thinks

Noideamate

Senior List
Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good on wynnum but I hope they have some big recruits in the works , heard hardwood going to work in mines so massive loss

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kedron definitely big improvers, looks like they've turned a corner after their Zillmere walkout and in a really good place. Have been critical of them in the past but feels like they're going about it the right way. Allison a massive addition at this level so wouldn't surprise me if they scrape in for finals.

Yeronga a big question mark for mine, have heard their b&f winner Lonergan is trying his hand at a higher level and the likes of Corrie and their other veterans all a year older. But they seem to find guys easily so who knows. Haven't heard much from Kenmore or Alex Hills in regards to recruits either. Makes that tier below Hinterland/Sandgate very close indeed.

Cheers mate it was always going to be tough first year back but we are finding our feet on and off the field. Looking forward to see what 2022 brings.
I hear the boys are not staying at zillmere and moving on.
Hopefully some might make thier way back our way.
I think Sandgate and hinterland have created a real rivalry and should be a cracker if you get to see it unfold.

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda

guys walked to Zillmere expecting an easy flag and got dusted.

Lonergan played QAFL the 2 years prior, mostly 1s in 2019 and mostly 2s in 2020.

Macman70

Senior List
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Wynnum Vikings
Thanks everyone. We know it is a big step up but the club has developed into a really good position under Brendan and the coaching team.
Just a case of an opportunity opening up so we had to jump now or probably be stuck where we were for a number of years.
Good luck to everyone in Div. 2. Hinterland is the team to catch I think all things staying relatively the same but definately a very close chasing bunch I think.

Back