QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting opinion outandabout. Surely the carrot to bridge the gap from NEAFL to QFA North with a top local league team has existed over the last 3 years given the draft situation, yet their seniors only managed 3 wins in 2014, 3 in 2015 and 5 in 2016 - basically they beat up on cab, nambour and moreton bay.

The money and the facilities is a fair point but that's been the case for the years mentioned. Based on the above it kind of seems to me that Aspley did let the door shut - why do you think it will be any different this time around?
No Aspley Neafl players play in their QFA team

Aspley will never have a QAFL team while they have a NEAFL team, it just won't happen.

they can win as many Div 1 premierships as they like, but they won't go to QAFL. Thats why there is no automatic promotion or relegation between QAFL and 2nd tier. Irrelevant at the minute anyway, as the jump from Div 2 to Div 1 is enormous, bigger than the gap between QAFL and Div 1 imo.

Aspley would still get spanked by the likes of Mayne, Maroochy, Coorparoo etc.

Sandgate would have to be in danger in the QAFL, their seniors have been competitive, but near the bottom for a few years - and the club as a whole treats the QAFL reserves with complete contempt - embarassing what they put out there each week, random ring ins called up on Sat morning to get numbers for another 20 goal beating is unacceptable for the premiers reserves comp in QLD

So you get the picture then.
Yeah when I was told by a friend who plays in that 2nd tier womens comp I couldn't believe it. Aside from the fact that it does nothing for that girls footy, it is a WH&S issue - she is a fierce competitor and obviously a big strong girl and many of the girls playing in that division are 1st years.

False Flags? Is that like fake news?
Yeah mate, and it was directed to pluggas comment re needing time to "gel", even though a fair few of his players have actually played along side each other for years in some cases ( albeit in different playing strips ) .
" False flag " is a relatively new and often used catchphrase in the world media at present but I forgot to take into account the time difference up there ( upwards of 10 years in some parts of the state ) so probably should have made a more user friendly analogy. My bad!! I certainly wasn't implying anything disrespectful about Robinas premiership successes in past years.

Aspley will never have a QAFL team while they have a NEAFL team, it just won't happen.

they can win as many Div 1 premierships as they like, but they won't go to QAFL. Thats why there is no automatic promotion or relegation between QAFL and 2nd tier. Irrelevant at the minute anyway, as the jump from Div 2 to Div 1 is enormous, bigger than the gap between QAFL and Div 1 imo.

Sandgate would have to be in danger in the QAFL, their seniors have been competitive, but near the bottom for a few years - and the club as a whole treats the QAFL reserves with complete contempt - embarassing what they put out there each week, random ring ins called up on Sat morning to get numbers for another 20 goal beating is unacceptable for the premiers reserves comp in QLD
At this point I agree.
But things change and so do the rules.
Money talks.
Let's discuss in three years as I still believe they have the ability to buy a team for every level.

Yeah when I was told by a friend who plays in that 2nd tier womens comp I couldn't believe it. Aside from the fact that it does nothing for that girls footy, it is a WH&S issue - she is a fierce competitor and obviously a big strong girl and many of the girls playing in that division are 1st years.
We see it all the time in men's footy.
A club goes after another clubs player's in MASS and the aflq let it happen.
Almost crippling a club or in some cases destroying one.
If that's promoting the game were all ****ed.

We see it all the time in men's footy.
A club goes after another clubs player's in MASS and the aflq let it happen.
Almost crippling a club or in some cases destroying one.
If that's promoting the game were all ******.
Yeah but it's a wh&s issue IMO. It's like putting a gun 18 yr old in the div 2 16s. Bit sad if $$ start bleeding into women's footy...

12 goals at the Bears from the coach (who wasn't going to play) and the big forward who leaves in a few weeks.

Fair to say they have some issues kicking a score without these blokes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know about ring ins this week but they got done by 25 goals this week.
Some quality footy on display in the premier reserve grade comp.
How long do you give them in the qafl before they bring in a sunshine coast team.

Been very quiet on here whats happening nearing end of first round .
One concerning thing in this Div price of beer .In general most clubs are charging $4 a can very good .But the sad thing is that 3 clubs charge $5 a can of beer .I know we rely on canteen and bar for income at home games but please.$4 is a very good price and good profit .I know that at the $5 dollar clubs we had 2 less beers after the game and didnt buy roadies for trip home .Different story at the $4 clubs . Surely we can all be on the same page .
Footy looks like the final five nearly set .The fight for survival to not get relegated is on for real now .Who will that be ?

Agreed I think someone needs to wind blocker up.
How's the numbers look for splender weekend I hear some clubs will suffer.
Any truth in that one.

Have heard Kedron are floating the idea of a Thursday night game with us to get around this...

Agreed I think someone needs to wind blocker up.
How's the numbers look for splender weekend I hear some clubs will suffer.
Any truth in that one.

Been busy boys. Must pay a huge compliment to the ressies umpire at Kedron last week. I think it was Bucky. He was one of the fairest umpires I have seen in reserves since we have been playing. We still got beat but he paid the same free kicks to both sides which normally doesn't happen every week with club umpires.

And the senior boys were the best we have had this year as well. Didn't even have to raise my vocals.

And it wasn't even umpires appreciation round.

Been very quiet on here whats happening nearing end of first round .
One concerning thing in this Div price of beer .In general most clubs are charging $4 a can very good .But the sad thing is that 3 clubs charge $5 a can of beer .I know we rely on canteen and bar for income at home games but please.$4 is a very good price and good profit .I know that at the $5 dollar clubs we had 2 less beers after the game and didnt buy roadies for trip home .Different story at the $4 clubs . Surely we can all be on the same page .
Footy looks like the final five nearly set .The fight for survival to not get relegated is on for real now .Who will that be ?

Commish unless you drink drive you normally have 3 or 4 beers. So to pay an extra dollar would be a grand total of $3 or $4. Surely you happy to help out fellow club's for a few bucks?

Think your Jewish blood starting to flow through those Buff veins old mate.

Been busy boys. Must pay a huge compliment to the ressies umpire at Kedron last week. I think it was Bucky. He was one of the fairest umpires I have seen in reserves since we have been playing. We still got beat but he paid the same free kicks to both sides which normally doesn't happen every week with club umpires.

And the senior boys were the best we have had this year as well. Didn't even have to raise my vocals.

And it wasn't even umpires appreciation round.
If I go back a few decades I reckon all you wanted to do was knock my head off and give a bit of lip to the umpires mate.
So I'll take that as we have both mellowed over time.
Who would have thought you giving umpires a wrap and me actually umpiring.
But have to be honest umpiring isn't really a difficult job.
You see a free kick you pay it.

Went an watched Coomera play Robina today at Coomera. Some of the Coomera reserves players were a disgrace by abusing the field and Robina's goal umpire after copping a hiding from Robina. I'd be disgusted if I played at a club and had them there. More worried about sooking and giving cheap shots to the opposition then actually competing for the hard ball. If I was the hierarchy at Coomera I'd be trying to stamp this out quick smart. Real bad look for the club! Besides this the seniors game wasn't a bad contest. Robina too classy in the end but plenty of young talent at Coomera who have the potential to have some success in the years to come if they stay together.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back