QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad effort in your first crack at div 2 mate. I'll happily eat my words

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably not completely out of danger zone yet Sixth Sense but does give us some breathing space.

And still rough chance to make final five if we can string a few together and maybe Coomera falter.

But was rapted for the boys as no Brennan, Vasterink, Tarrant and only one rotation from early in game was probably one of our best wins as a club.

Good to see you back in favour mate, might hopefully see a few of the boys down on hill for last few home games.

Pretty ordinary control by umpires today at Moreton. Should have been at least 2 or 3 definite cards early in day to set tone but umpires weak as piss.

Then when you have players with unblemished records at AFL Level and QAFL Level copping it all day then get red carded for retaliating and cop weeks.

Umpiring definitely not going up with standard of footy. Unless this is fixed community footy will lose good players as mugs trying to make a name for themselves are getting the advantage.

Not sour grapes as we completely outplayed by Moreton but umpires very very ordinary to say the least.

And surprise surprise no Moreton players reported or suspended. Absolute disgrace.

Pretty ordinary control by umpires today at Moreton. Should have been at least 2 or 3 definite cards early in day to set tone but umpires weak as piss.

Then when you have players with unblemished records at AFL Level and QAFL Level copping it all day then get red carded for retaliating and cop weeks.

Umpiring definitely not going up with standard of footy. Unless this is fixed community footy will lose good players as mugs trying to make a name for themselves are getting the advantage.

Not sour grapes as we completely outplayed by Moreton but umpires very very ordinary to say the least.

And surprise surprise no Moreton players reported or suspended. Absolute disgrace.

Who got suspended?

Didn't the player with an 'unblemished record in the AFL' headbutt Josh Carr in the twilight days of his Brisbane Lions career?

This old chestnut again Blocker?

This old chestnut again Blocker?

No not all. If umpires had of carded No 13 early in the second quarter for his cocked elbow they may have set tone.

Wasn't complaining about umpires in regards free kicks etc more about control of blow ups. It appears if you start or provoke the incident you don't get any consequences.

So you may as well target best players in opposition all day without fear of retribution.

Didn't the player with an 'unblemished record in the AFL' headbutt Josh Carr in the twilight days of his Brisbane Lions career?

Not to many players that didn't have a go at Josh Carr as he was king of grubby tactics.

I think we all know the way Jared Brennan goes about his footy and for him to respond with aggression after umpires could see what was happening all day, has to tell you something.

Understand it's open season once we cross the line but if we don't pay attention to the issue these lower competitions will never grow or attract quality ex AFL players. Why would you come back and play at this level to have target on your back every week with no umpire protection at all.

They need to understand game a little better than they do in this regard.

Jared Brennan got red card and 2 weeks for retaliating and so did Matty Derricks.

Both incidents should have been red cards the other to start with but in both cases Moreton players not even sent off.
Could have huge impact on finals chances for the Pirates especially next week game against the limping Coomera

Jared Brennan should get off for throwing punches because a card was handed out field a stray elbow. What drugs did you smoke on the bus yesterday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jared Brennan should get off for throwing punches because a card was handed out field a stray elbow. What drugs did you smoke on the bus yesterday?
Word is Brennan's incident was a very poor cheap shot and was captured on camera, we might not of heard the end of this

the cheap shot he received, or the one he dished out in retaliation.

Agree with Blocker that its unfortunate that the umpires didn't control it to prevent retaliation, but having said that - Brennan and Derrick have been around long enough to know that retaliation never ends well.

Word is Brennan's incident was a very poor cheap shot and was captured on camera, we might not of heard the end of this

Don't think it was cheap shot Denchy. Front on left and right combo.

Cheap shot was earlier in the day on Joel Workman by no 13. And probably the one that got Matty Derricks. Moreton wouldn't give up video footage so I am very comfortable where we sit.

Anyway next week is a new round and we move on.

Well done to Alex Hills over the last few weeks as they have taken it to a couple of top 5 sides and just missed the chocolates.

They are a good bunch of young kids and look like they are being very well coached.

Thought when we played them they were one of the better sides outside the finals race. Good luck to them as I am sure if they keep sticking at what they are doing they will soon get a scalp (hopefully not ours) and avoid relegation.

Don't think it was cheap shot Denchy. Front on left and right combo.

Cheap shot was earlier in the day on Joel Workman by no 13. And probably the one that got Matty Derricks. Moreton wouldn't give up video footage so I am very comfortable where we sit.

Anyway next week is a new round and we move on.

Why wouldn't they give the video footage up Blocker?

the cheap shot he received, or the one he dished out in retaliation.

The one? Threw more haymakers than Horn and Pacquiao yesterday. Absolute Barry Hall brain fade. Should consider himself lucky to only cop two.

I guess videoing the game, you have the entire game available - including what lead to the incident?

Or did you just have a nice little neat edit?

Editing video is well above my pay grade. Just telling you what I saw live.

Pretty rough that the Lions won't give up the footage. Pirates defence will now be a his word against theirs.

Brennan is a seasoned campaigner, with a clean record from memory.

Can't see him acting out without being provoked imo, and from reports I've received the Moreton Bay blokes were way out of line.

Guess without them handing over the footage we will never know

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back