QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard a month or so ago a moreton bay player got 8 weeks for doing a body slam then going ground and pound. Was caught on video as well apparently

Pretty rough that the Lions won't give up the footage. Pirates defence will now be a his word against theirs.

Brennan is a seasoned campaigner, with a clean record from memory.

Can't see him acting out without being provoked imo, and from reports I've received the Moreton Bay blokes were way out of line.

Guess without them handing over the footage we will never know

AFLQ have the footage, despite no formal request for it being made by Park Ridge.

Half our Senior side were 22 or under on Saturday, including our best player (last year's league B&F) who Brennan was scragging all day. Seems the superstar couldn't handle it when the young bloke gave it back to him. The incident in question started when Brennan grabbed him around the neck and pushed him away, Jono feinted back, at which point Brennan started swinging.

I heard a month or so ago a moreton bay player got 8 weeks for doing a body slam then going ground and pound. Was caught on video as well apparently

Seriously. Where do you blokes get this stuff? It was two weeks, and would have been less if he hadn't told the tribunal the bloke got what he deserved.

You lot should really go back to Div 3 if this is how you carry on every time you're beaten.

When a president of a club thinks one of his players has been wrongly done by do you expect him to sit in his hands and do nothing?

Those who know blocker personally and follow him on big footy know he is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Of course he's going to say something

When a president of a club thinks one of his players has been wrongly done by do you expect him to sit in his hands and do nothing?

Those who know blocker personally and follow him on big footy know he is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve.

If Brennan was hard done by so was Lynch in '04. Grow up, you throw punches even if they're airy's in front of an umpire you can expect a red. Trying to justify s**t behaviour with a sook about not getting the video when you didn't even ask is childish, if you want yo be taken seriously you should act like a President and not a toothless bogan.

AFLQ have the footage, despite no formal request for it being made by Park Ridge.

Half our Senior side were 22 or under on Saturday, including our best player (last year's league B&F) who Brennan was scragging all day. Seems the superstar couldn't handle it when the young bloke gave it back to him. The incident in question started when Brennan grabbed him around the neck and pushed him away, Jono feinted back, at which point Brennan started swinging.

Seriously. Where do you blokes get this stuff? It was two weeks, and would have been less if he hadn't told the tribunal the bloke got what he deserved.

Heard from a friend of a friend whose friend is friends with his girlfriends sister

Might argue that BigFooty forum isn't the right place to vent it though SS?? And btw I like reading Blockers rants but probably doesn't assist the situation Blocker? :)

Gee the silence is deafening, I'm guessing either the "blame everyone else" defence didn't go as well as expected or AFLQ read the social media policy to Park Ridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee the silence is deafening, I'm guessing either the "blame everyone else" defence didn't go as well as expected or AFLQ read the social media policy to Park Ridge.

Or option 3,
Not everyone spends all their time on here posting s**t like others do

Coomera v Park Ridge is a massive game for both teams tomorrow, winner will be in box seat 5th position come seasons end

Toothless bogan president. ...silence is defening.....
if you know blocker when hes silent it means things are happening. .
both players got off with a reprimand....
Bogan president knows his stuff and charges had to be reduced...
President along with his trusty vice president have built a successful club in nine years...juniors/youth strong..
fourth year senior's already up a division..
plus plenty happening off the field. ..
think a lot of clubs would like to have him running their club..
This weekend. ...totally agree mudsticks big game for pirates ...hopefully a win and push for that fifth spot..

Toothless bogan president. ...silence is defening.....
if you know blocker when hes silent it means things are happening. .
both players got off with a reprimand....
Bogan president knows his stuff and charges had to be reduced...
President along with his trusty vice president have built a successful club in nine years...juniors/youth strong..
fourth year senior's already up a division..
plus plenty happening off the field. ..
think a lot of clubs would like to have him running their club..
This weekend. ...totally agree mudsticks big game for pirates ...hopefully a win and push for that fifth spot..

At the end of the day we like to crap on about how footy is a business, especially at AFL level. But when it comes down to it it is a business with far more raw emotion attached to it than most other businesses I know - which is why sometimes people let emotion get in the way of solid thinking! Both footy clubs are obviously very good clubs run by excellent people. Sounds like the AFLQ made a pragmatic decision and both clubs will move on I'd imagine happy with the outcome. No one wants to see high profile players getting targeted but at the same time these blokes dont play under any special provisions either compared to the plodder who was picked 22 that day. When its all said and done the king and the pawn go back in the same box!! :)

good effort getting a reprimand if punches thrown, even if the bloke deserved it (and it sounds like he did)

In situations like that you expect the aggressor and retaliator to both get rubbed out, but the aggressor to get the heavier penalty

Don't confuse luck with skill, pretty poor precedent to allow head high striking off on reprimand but what goes around comes around I suppose.

This is a fairly sedate and quiet thread this year now that Pirate boys are not getting involved. Seems like they have much to say when up and running but go very quiet when they can’t live up to their own talk. The way some were talking early in the year they were going to give this Div a real shake but I would suggest the decision to play this level may have been the wrong one. I would have thought for such a young club that success on the field should have been paramount.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not slagging off the pirates, what they have done off the field for a young club is great but I think they should have thought about the on field success as well.

That's a bit unfair, Johnnie. No love lost for the Pirates here after last week, but they are travelling better than three other clubs who've been at this level or higher for a lot longer.

This is a fairly sedate and quiet thread this year now that Pirate boys are not getting involved. Seems like they have much to say when up and running but go very quiet when they can’t live up to their own talk. The way some were talking early in the year they were going to give this Div a real shake but I would suggest the decision to play this level may have been the wrong one. I would have thought for such a young club that success on the field should have been paramount.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not slagging off the pirates, what they have done off the field for a young club is great but I think they should have thought about the on field success as well.

So how do you know if your up to this level if you don't give it a go??
They could have sat back in div3 and dreamed about it but hats off to blocker and the club for giving it a crack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back