QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Why didn't JB play?

Got him off at the tribunal, then didn't play anyway. sore knuckles??

Why didn't JB play?

Got him off at the tribunal, then didn't play anyway. sore knuckles??

JB moved back to Brisbane to be with his kids, which is his first and foremost priority. He plays when he can which we are more than comfortable with.

This is a fairly sedate and quiet thread this year now that Pirate boys are not getting involved. Seems like they have much to say when up and running but go very quiet when they can’t live up to their own talk. The way some were talking early in the year they were going to give this Div a real shake but I would suggest the decision to play this level may have been the wrong one. I would have thought for such a young club that success on the field should have been paramount.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not slagging off the pirates, what they have done off the field for a young club is great but I think they should have thought about the on field success as well.

Sorry boys been busy with trying to run a business and buying out a business partner.

Probably agree a little with what you are saying Johnie but the feeling was we would probably lose players if there was an option to play a higher level of footy and we sat on our hands as a club.

Realistically we always knew trying to make finals was our target and it appears we will fall short of that.

But we have learnt a lot along the way and know the areas we need to improve.

We have been competitive in patches against the better sides but just can't sustain 4 quarters of pressure.

Got some good kids coming through so we have a reasonable long term plan.

That's a bit unfair, Johnnie. No love lost for the Pirates here after last week, but they are travelling better than three other clubs who've been at this level or higher for a lot longer.

Come on Danny we only hold grudges for a week in footy mate.

If Brennan was hard done by so was Lynch in '04. Grow up, you throw punches even if they're airy's in front of an umpire you can expect a red. Trying to justify s**t behaviour with a sook about not getting the video when you didn't even ask is childish, if you want yo be taken seriously you should act like a President and not a toothless bogan.

BAFL I will clear a few things up mate just so we can all move on.

Firstly we did request video evidence via AFLQ on Saturday night and it wasn't available when we went to MRP on Monday.

Secondly both reports were for high contact with high impact. We argued no injuries, no medical reports or no players went off injured. We had a win with both charges being re-graded to low impact which is 1 week but a reprimand for early guilty plea. Hence we took both early guilty pleas.

And after nearly 30 years of footy against some pretty tough hombres I still have all my teeth in contact. So the toothless bogan I can give a miss for now but I appreciate your concern.

Not sure if you bloke's realize that blocker was a hard man on the footy field. Trust me I know.
The sledging he cops here is pretty timid so I can be confident it just rolls of his back.
I think he's done a great job in getting a club up and running.
Whoever he has helping him they are heading in the right direction.
I assume he's lives by the old saying.
Bite off more than you can chew and chew like *.
Having said that I wish you no luck when we play against each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

putting park ridge pirates aside, interesting results from Kenmore and Robina on the weekend. Didnt see that coming

Alex Hills have been good last month I reckon. They nearly got Robina the week before and then finally got rewarded with Kenmore scalp.

Been big improvers along with Cooly.

Any truth to the QAFL officials having a talk to Park Ridge coach about his behavior?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back