QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a few bloke's who help out are ex kedron players.
Is it better to play or forfit.
Every week a up to three bloke's double up.
For me it just shows that the difference between top and bottom sides in this comp is a couple of good players.
It's a non issue in my book.
You play what's in front of you and get on with it.
If a couple of players cost you a game you need to look at your performance not the opposition.
What so different in getting ex afl players to help your club and i certainly don't have a problem with that.
Every club will do what they have to do to keep teams on the park.
That's footy in this day and age.

Why would a senior side ever have to forfeit? Permit players should play twos and let genuine club players play seniors. If the ressies are short, like many clubs face, you get who you can to fill in to make up the numbers. Having good players from a higher div fill in, with relegation now a thing, is poor form.

Having said that, a club using permits and getting a few better players when they can, and while AFLQ allow it to happen, can't really blame the clubs at all.

Why would a senior side ever have to forfeit? Permit players should play twos and let genuine club players play seniors. If the ressies are short, like many clubs face, you get who you can to fill in to make up the numbers. Having good players from a higher div fill in, with relegation now a thing, is poor form.

Having said that, a club using permits and getting a few better players when they can, and while AFLQ allow it to happen, can't really blame the clubs at all.
A senior side wouldn't be ressies might have to.
Having said all that if it's done within the rules of aflq every whinge about it is a waste of breath.
If the bottom side can get close to the top side even with a couple of permits then as I said.
It shows me that a couple of good players over the off season will make a real difference.
But it seems most people on here always look at the negivite side if things.

Agree mate. Just don't think permit players that are supposedly to 'just boost numbers' should play senior footy.

That's not really fair, they had some Yeronga boys run around in the magoo's as well. Not a good game to compare the comparative position, we had 2 out for rep duties, plus a handful more away, lots of Colt's in, pleased they could still get the job done under the circumstances.

A senior side wouldn't be ressies might have to.
Having said all that if it's done within the rules of aflq every whinge about it is a waste of breath.
If the bottom side can get close to the top side even with a couple of permits then as I said.
It shows me that a couple of good players over the off season will make a real difference.
But it seems most people on here always look at the negivite side if things.

Probably because it's short term fix, Kedron relied heavily on a transient playing group in the past and then almost fell over, having some quality ring ins once a year isn't a solid plan for the future and is probably a good indication that they need another year in Div 3 to get some more reliable numbers.

That's not really fair, they had some Yeronga boys run around in the magoo's as well. Not a good game to compare the comparative position, we had 2 out for rep duties, plus a handful more away, lots of Colt's in, pleased they could still get the job done under the circumstances.

Probably because it's short term fix, Kedron relied heavily on a transient playing group in the past and then almost fell over, having some quality ring ins once a year isn't a solid plan for the future and is probably a good indication that they need another year in Div 3 to get some more reliable numbers.
Relying on another club to prop up your numbers isn't a good plan.
But getting help to get though a season is what it is.
I'd imagine the powers to be at this stage don't look past next week.
It is what it is and as I said well done to the lads who turn up every week and have a crack.
To me it shows they have something to build on for next year whatever division they are in.

Relying on another club to prop up your numbers isn't a good plan.
But getting help to get though a season is what it is.
I'd imagine the powers to be at this stage don't look past next week.
It is what it is and as I said well done to the lads who turn up every week and have a crack.
To me it shows they have something to build on for next year whatever division they are in.

Spoken like someone from Kedron.....

Be ordinary if a club gets relegated playing just normal club players vs club permitting players to avoid relegation.

We all battle for numbers but I reckon a rule should be if you permit they only play ressies. Different if you permitting from your junior base to permitting from a club playing higher division.

I think not really in spirit.

100% agree. Is a real loophole when you now have promotion/relegation.

100% agree. Is a real loophole when you now have promotion/relegation.
Agree with Loophole .Now that we have promotion relegation i have heard that the Boys at AFLQ are now looking at closing it as was not foreseen earlier as we havent had promotion relegation before that i can remember .
A few clubs in this division have used quiet a few permitted players this year in their seniors .There needs to be a cut off for clubs for permits to the Senior side at some point .That would still give the club to get a couple of players to help out in the ressies but seniors would be your players and see what happens on the day .
To end well done Buffs gutsy effort to win yesterday was a good game by both teams

Agree with Loophole .Now that we have promotion relegation i have heard that the Boys at AFLQ are now looking at closing it as was not foreseen earlier as we havent had promotion relegation before that i can remember .
A few clubs in this division have used quiet a few permitted players this year in their seniors .There needs to be a cut off for clubs for permits to the Senior side at some point .That would still give the club to get a couple of players to help out in the ressies but seniors would be your players and see what happens on the day .
To end well done Buffs gutsy effort to win yesterday was a good game by both teams
Are you suggesting that there should be a set rules for permits.
Stop it that makes perfect sense and doesn't belong on this forum.
How will anyone take you seriously if your not putting s**t on someone or bagging out a club.

Think permits are fine if it means being Ble to get 2 teams on paddock bc no one wins if a club has to forfeit a game. Putting 4 blokes into a senior side though, although the rules allow, is really providing an unfair advantage although no criticism of kedron bc those are the rules and good luck to them.
Look at this hypothetical: team A and team B play each other in last game of year for the wooden spoon. Team A is well connected with a higher division team who is happy to permit a few players to team A and therefore they win easily.
This scenario could be played out at numerous levels to create all sorts of results, not just avoiding wooden spoons.
The AFLQ have put out guidelines for permitting this year because of promotion/relegation but just think any permitted players should play 2s therefore just adding to total player numbers.

as I understand the rule, Div 1 to Div 2 is allowed without seeking permission.

However, its pretty pissweak to stack your side with permits and leave your loyal fee paying club players in the 2's.

A culture like that is why permits are needed to get numbers in the first place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference between first and last is a lot greater than four permitted players. We were missing our two best mids, our full forward and full back. We had six Colts playing — four making their debut, one of whom doubled up. We could have turned down Kedron's Thursday night proposal, but accepted it in good faith and got ambushed by eight Div 1 players for our trouble. Forget about relegation — Thursday's games had the potential to impact the finals makeup in both grades.

And how those lights got approved for night footy is beyond me!

as I understand the rule, Div 1 to Div 2 is allowed without seeking permission.

However, its pretty pissweak to stack your side with permits and leave your loyal fee paying club players in the 2's.

A culture like that is why permits are needed to get numbers in the first place
Well then please fill me in on how much you know what the players feel about it.
I wonder if the boys are just happy to get the help when they can.
I wonder if the twos players are given a choice on what they want to play.
I wonder if an agreement was made between the clubs involved.
I wonder if you have any idea on what goes on or you just make stuff up.
As I said too many people have no idea what goes on at clubs.
But hey your entilted to your opinion.
I think opinions are like arseholes.
Everybody's got one some are just bigger than others.

Dress it up all you like outandabout, you stacked your side via permits from another club who had a bye. You didn't just get blokes to make up numbers, you got Div 1 players from a senior side at another club that directly improved your chances of winning artificially.

All the other variables you wish to throw in the mix are just red herrings, the simple facts remain the same.

the suggestion that 4 players don;t make a difference is also just silly. 4 very good players make an enormous difference, at ALL levels of footy - even the highest level and even moreso in Div 2!

I'm sure the 4 or 5 Kedron blokes who played 2's, who have played a bit of seniors this year would have been thrilled to be left out of the senior side at the expense of some permit blow ins. Makes a player feel really valued by their club when that happens to them....

18th July there as some internal chat in our facebook group that Kedron were short for thursday nights game. Devils had a bye so they contacted devils.

"Any Reserves or Thirds who miss out on a game this week there is an oppurtunity to fill in for Kedron who helped us out some weeks ago and provided their oval at NO charge"
19th July - "kedron still chasing 4 to fill in"

The club was genuinely short, end of story move on.

18th July there as some internal chat in our facebook group that Kedron were short for thursday nights game. Devils had a bye so they contacted devils.

"Any Reserves or Thirds who miss out on a game this week there is an oppurtunity to fill in for Kedron who helped us out some weeks ago and provided their oval at NO charge"
19th July - "kedron still chasing 4 to fill in"

The club was genuinely short, end of story move on.

Cool story. Had the fill ins not been senior players you may have a reasonable argument.

Cool story. Had the fill ins not been senior players you may have a reasonable argument.

the argument isn't about who they got, they can't control who is offered up. they could be complete guns, they could be complete spuds.

The only argument is that they should all play reserves, by playing them in the seniors its an admission they are stacking as opposed to making up numbers.

Dress it up all you like outandabout, you stacked your side via permits from another club who had a bye. You didn't just get blokes to make up numbers, you got Div 1 players from a senior side at another club that directly improved your chances of winning artificially.

All the other variables you wish to throw in the mix are just red herrings, the simple facts remain the same.

the suggestion that 4 players don;t make a difference is also just silly. 4 very good players make an enormous difference, at ALL levels of footy - even the highest level and even moreso in Div 2!

I'm sure the 4 or 5 Kedron blokes who played 2's, who have played a bit of seniors this year would have been thrilled to be left out of the senior side at the expense of some permit blow ins. Makes a player feel really valued by their club when that happens to them....
First it's not my team.
Second I said it goes to show that a couple of quality bokes can make a difference.
Third you know * all about kedron.
Fourth go shove you opinions up you arse as I don't give a s**t about what you say.
Fifth show some ticker and let us Know who you are.
End response to your dribble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back