QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Blocker as a president you know what work goes into a club producing 2 teams capable of playing in finals. To suggest a club would sacrifice senior success in week 2 of th finals for reserves results is pretty uneducated I would have thought.

Let's move on - point has been made.

Be interesting to see how Aspley respond this week. I'm sure an experienced head like Caleb brown will have them back on track pretty quickly and hey if your going to lose one game all year, the second semi is better than the gf!

Victoria point to div two...
be interesting to see the recruiting they do...will some alex hills boys drift to vic pt or vice versa...
will templar stay or go....

Vic Point and Bond Uni in. Kedron and either Aspley or Moreton Bay out. Gonna be a long season next year for whichever north side team remains.

Vic Point and Bond Uni in. Kedron and either Aspley or Moreton Bay out. Gonna be a long season next year for whichever north side team remains.
Why is that Danny?
Would have thought the loser of thisweekends GF would still be a solid side in div 2 next year?

Why is that Danny?
Would have thought the loser of thisweekends GF would still be a solid side in div 2 next year?

Yeah, they'll probably be the premiership favourite. But I just meant from a travel perspective. They'll be the sole north side team left in the division.

Yeah, they'll probably be the premiership favourite. But I just meant from a travel perspective. They'll be the sole north side team left in the division.

Yeah true. Conversely in the Div 1 a north side team comes in at the expense of a GC team meaning less travel for most clubs.. Suppose swings and roundabouts. Good luck to your footy club this weekend.

Who does everything think will win tomorrow?

Robina in reserves by 4 goals
Aspley in seniors by 6 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Aspley on getting the double. Thought they probably were best side in competition with no disrespect to Moretonwho had a really good year as well.

In the end I think just the depth of Aspley was far better than any other club, hence the double.

Anyone inform who won medal for BOG?

Play of the day was the mullet headed tough guy who spent most of his day bumping into Aspley players, kicking a goal when Aspley was 10 goals up. He ran around in front of the Aspley twos blokes like he had turned the game around. Well done to the hornets, outcoached on the day with Moreton allowing them a lose player behind the ball all day and the hornets did as they pleased moving the ball from defence. Coach of the year seemed to try and mix things up far to much and Moreton looked a shambles at times. Margin should of been a lot more, Aspley missed a heap of easy goals. Watson was massive up forward. To big and classy all over the field.

Tom Watson.

Clearly. One red for each team, from the one incident.

Cheers for clearing that up. I watched both reserves and senior matches so they must've merged in my memory given the result was the same.

Play of the day was the mullet headed tough guy who spent most of his day bumping into Aspley players, kicking a goal when Aspley was 10 goals up. He ran around in front of the Aspley twos blokes like he had turned the game around. Well done to the hornets, outcoached on the day with Moreton allowing them a lose player behind the ball all day and the hornets did as they pleased moving the ball from defence. Coach of the year seemed to try and mix things up far to much and Moreton looked a shambles at times. Margin should of been a lot more, Aspley missed a heap of easy goals. Watson was massive up forward. To big and classy all over the field.

Yeah the bloke played about as well as his haircut. Absolutely shithouse. They tried to hide him on the bench but when he came on he gave away a 50 or two. Aspley have had a battle with Moreton Bay for a few years now and have been nothing but grubs. You would have though being 10 goals down deep in the last quarter would have s**t their hogans mouths up but they persisted to run their mouths. We're well aware of what they were like and Aspley took full advantage. The better team and club won.

To the Robina blokes behind the goals yelling absolute abuse and swearing before the reserves game while Aspley were trying to warm up.

SSSSHHHHHH.....

Yeah Tommy Watson was huge for the Hornets! Was the perfect foil for Harris! I was surprised MB still kept with Jackson Dickfos or Cobin Dickfos as the loose men when the score went past 5 goals both players are class and could have been used in the midfield with their run!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back