QFA Div 2

Johnnie SQAFA

Rookie
Feb 16, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No mate, only just starting interviews with applicants that applied and were short listed. We actually gave 2 weeks Rising Suns. Not sure there is a right or wrong amount of time to give for applications.

We had more than enough though so obviously time wasn't an issue. Some very good credential applications. Lot of handy players looking for coaching gigs.

Did I miss something??? I thought this years coach had a 2 or 3 year plan for you guys. Why has he left??

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
you would think all the redback boys would be heading back there.

So that only really impacts Park Ridge I assume. (unless any of them get drafted of course)

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots.
Anyone think Richmond stand a chance tomorrow?
Hopefully it's a good close game but I think Adelaide will destroy them.

Poiderr

Senior List
May 1, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Collingwood
The South Cairns Australian Football & Sporting Club Inc, seek the interest of a senior men's grade coach for the 2018 AFL Cairns football season.

The ideal candidate for this role will bring the following skill sets:

· Previous Senior coaching experience is essential.
· Have established networks and the ability to recruit players.
· Develop a game plan for the 2018 season to suit playing resources.
· A strong commitment to grow, develop, mentor and teach players of all abilities.
· An ability to mould the professionalism of the football department and support structure.
· A positive and welcoming attitude.
· Strong communication skills both on and off the field.
· The ability to embrace the clubs community values and expectations.
· The ability to engage with the club’s members, sponsors and the media.
· Have a positive attitude and good organisational skills.
Resume / expression of interest to be forwarded to scafsc@outlook.com by 30th October 2017.
President, Peter Kennedy 0413528791

rising suns

Debutant
Mar 25, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
you would think all the redback boys would be heading back there.

So that only really impacts Park Ridge I assume. (unless any of them get drafted of course)

Any coach lined up for this, MeBoo are you putting your hand up for this or do you have other options?

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really didn't think blocker could talk bomber into it.
Yep fair drive for him.
At least this gig might get him some coin for his efforts.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So the 6 weeks of rumours re Bomber to the Pirates comes true .Well done will be an asset for our little comp .

Will there be any players to coach? Lots headed elsewhere, have the got new players coming in? Bomber is a popular guy but will the players who may have followed him from sandgate be prepared to drive so far to play div 2 footy? Will be interesting to see how it works out

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will there be any players to coach? Lots headed elsewhere, have the got new players coming in? Bomber is a popular guy but will the players who may have followed him from sandgate be prepared to drive so far to play div 2 footy? Will be interesting to see how it works out

Basically 10-15 new players and a new coach every year for 3 years now!

Like a revolving door. Chasing success instead of building it

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Haha and you think they are the only club?

South East Suns come to mind , now there’s a club who chased the success.

I’ve had my fair share of things to say about the pirates, good and bad.
But one thing I will give them credit for is they have a terrific junior base with some terrific kids coming through.

I know this because I’ve seen it first hand.

Many of the top end talent in the junior programs are good enough for senior footy now.

In my mind that is what you call building a club.

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
haha South east suns were barely even a club to begin with. Just thrown together like a hotch potch and was destined to failure off the field.

When you say 'good enough for senior footy now' whats the definition?

Good enough to play in a bottom 3 Div 2 side, or good enough for the real stuff?

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
haha South east suns were barely even a club to begin with. Just thrown together like a hotch potch and was destined to failure off the field.

When you say 'good enough for senior footy now' whats the definition?

Good enough to play in a bottom 3 Div 2 side, or good enough for the real stuff?

Good enough for senior footy now is pretty self explanatory I would have thought. They are kids under 18 who can step up to senior footy and not take a backward step in doing so.

And whether park ridge finished bottom 3 or won the flag, these kids were still playing senior footy against men.

You say they aren’t building success and that’s fine, you’re on the outside looking in.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Big harsh Fatty, the Pirates are only 4 seasons old, grown at a fast rate and have solid juniors. Would of thought they have gone past many 20 year old clubs in progression and developing their own in such a short time.

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots.
Big harsh Fatty, the Pirates are only 4 seasons old, grown at a fast rate and have solid juniors. Would of thought they have gone past many 20 year old clubs in progression and developing their own in such a short time.
So we aren’t linking them to callamvale at all? Guess that chapter didn’t happen huh

Back