QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

AllOrNothing22

Debutant
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Some how everyone linking the site to us? Nothing to do with us or any of our boys, but always seemed to be about things to do involving our club.

So big chance it could be my friend AFLQ fan.

It was said often that there were more than one admin of that page. One near certainty was flat earther B Watkins who has some connections with roosters and pirates players ...

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree Pirates by 30 + margin

Great game of footy at Park Ridge today. Think we were 20 points behind in 3rd quarter with one interchange, so to fight out an impressive win was probably best win for our club in our short history.

Bond were great for most of day , but our boys just out worked them in the end. But truly a great game of footy for our competition.

If that is a preview of finals it should be worth getting along to see.

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots.
Great game of footy at Park Ridge today. Think we were 20 points behind in 3rd quarter with one interchange, so to fight out an impressive win was probably best win for our club in our short history.

Bond were great for most of day , but our boys just out worked them in the end. But truly a great game of footy for our competition.

If that is a preview of finals it should be worth getting along to see.

The boys didn’t look to far off in the 2s either. Need to get them solid if you guys step up to div 1 next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bit of a whisper at div 1 level that Burleigh will come down to div 2 despite yeronga going to finish bottom. All around geography being the only gc side in div 1. Not sure if that will mean 2 up, 2 down bc I can't see yeronga not taking the opportunity to regroup in div 2.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The boys didn’t look to far off in the 2s either. Need to get them solid if you guys step up to div 1 next year.

I think our twos have been impacted by injuries to seniors throughout the year that has seen them 5-6 senior quality players short most weeks.

Like all clubs in community levels we haven't had our best senior side on park all year.

But agree should we end up in Div 1 we definitely need to improve in that area.

Think Bond and Kenmore clearly best ressies sides in competition.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bit of a whisper at div 1 level that Burleigh will come down to div 2 despite yeronga going to finish bottom. All around geography being the only gc side in div 1. Not sure if that will mean 2 up, 2 down bc I can't see yeronga not taking the opportunity to regroup in div 2.

I think Yeronga desperately want to stay in Div 1 and think AFLQ on same page seeing they play out of headquarters.

But in saying that I know Bond keen to go up as well. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Yeronga desperately want to stay in Div 1 and think AFLQ on same page seeing they play out of headquarters.

But in saying that I know Bond keen to go up as well. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Bond just need to win the GF and they go up no worries. You already handing out medals to your boys mate?

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bond just need to win the GF and they go up no worries. You already handing out medals to your boys mate?

Thanks Longy for the jinx mate. Not sure that clear cut mate. Times yesterday we were completely outplayed by Bond and behind by 20+ points a few times throughout the day.

I know they have a few more to come back in as we do, but far from over the line .

I was referring to if 2 went up and 2 down in Div1&2 from Smy comment.

You boys going to have to do it the hard way in Div 4 by the looks mate to get the three peat?

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bond v Pirates GF will be a cracker, the two youngest clubs in the Division, just goes to show what good people and programs can achieve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks Longy for the jinx mate. Not sure that clear cut mate. Times yesterday we were completely outplayed by Bond and behind by 20+ points a few times throughout the day.

I know they have a few more to come back in as we do, but far from over the line .

I was referring to if 2 went up and 2 down in Div1&2 from Smy comment.

You boys going to have to do it the hard way in Div 4 by the looks mate to get the three peat?

Just stirring you mate, you guys and Bond seem to be the clear front runners for the flag. Would love to see Bomber get a medal round his neck, gave me a start in coaching and deserves some success with the time he has poured into footy over the years.

As for us, it’s certainly going to be a well deserved flag if we can get there from 4th. The other 3 sides are all really tough to beat, and we will have to beat two sides away from home along the way for it to be possible. Sportsbet would have us at 20/1 I reckon but we will be giving it a crack.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Robina will be nervous after going down to Morten last round with only % seperating the bottom two.

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bottom 2 both have a tough last two games although Robina would look more likely to steal a win.

Would think the ladder will stay as is for last 2 rounds

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Viccy point vs Cooly last round @viccy for 5th spot should be good game. Can’t see cooly beating the buffs this weekend

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
You're assuming that viccy point will beat kenmore at kenmore this weekend? the bears are hard to beat at home. Cooly are in good form at the right time of the year.

Alex beat them by 40 at home, guess you assumed they’re hard to beat at home then?
Think buffs will get the job done at home, buffs are hard to beat at home hahaha

pienation

Debutant
Jun 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sharks 25+ bears might stick with them for 3quarters an the sharks will kick away late.

Pirates 70+ up an about after a solid win against 2nd placed bond, percentage booster for them,

Buffaloes 40+ plenty of class on the outside will get the job done easy,

Magpies 60+ to classy for the Moreton,
The Coach to scream at someone

Bond 40+ bond licking there wounds after last weeks lose, will bounce back even with sore body’s

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sharks 25+ bears might stick with them for 3quarters an the sharks will kick away late.

Pirates 70+ up an about after a solid win against 2nd placed bond, percentage booster for them,

Buffaloes 40+ plenty of class on the outside will get the job done easy,

Magpies 60+ to classy for the Moreton,
The Coach to scream at someone

Bond 40+ bond licking there wounds after last weeks lose, will bounce back even with sore body’s

Hearing big rumours that maybe 2 teams may come down from Div 1 to Div 2?

Apparently Burleigh not happy with the amount of travel and Yeronga will be in Div 2 next year?

Thoughts?

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hearing big rumours that maybe 2 teams may come down from Div 1 to Div 2?

Apparently Burleigh not happy with the amount of travel and Yeronga will be in Div 2 next year?

Thoughts?

Bunch of sooky tea sipping hipsters, play the div you’re in or fold. Plenty of clubs in the area that would love more players especially Robina.
We’ve seen how good Bond is in this division and they were relegated for finishing last, why let a team relegate when they could possibly be to good for this comp. Sounds like the just want to win a flag and not do the hard yards.

Yeronga easily the worst team in that comp and need to be relegated.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well at least Div 2 still has a few teams fighting for last spot in finals and to see who avoids relegation.

The relegation race seems fairly set, but could Moreton spring an upset last round on the Buffs? After witnessing Alex first hand on weekend I think they should beat Robina down there going on yesterday's results. But Robina if they put their best side out could be a handful.

In the race for finals spot Viccy Point vs Cooly is exactly how you want it, you win you deserve the spot.

Good luck to everyone on the weekend and hopefully we have a great finals series in the Div.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bunch of sooky tea sipping hipsters, play the div you’re in or fold. Plenty of clubs in the area that would love more players especially Robina.
We’ve seen how good Bond is in this division and they were relegated for finishing last, why let a team relegate when they could possibly be to good for this comp. Sounds like the just want to win a flag and not do the hard yards.

Yeronga easily the worst team in that comp and need to be relegated.

Havent seen too many "hipsters" at Burleigh recently.. :)

Tend to agree though - you have a process in place, it needs to be able to pan out, not circumvent bc all of a sudden your next door neighbours aren't in the comp. In div 3 its been bloody tough for Nambour as the sole SC team but haven't heard them looking for another path. If Burleigh get relegated next year then so be it. And agree, Yeronga cannot stay up in Div 1 with current situation. Not fair on them. If 2 went down though and 2 up (always thought this isn't a terrible idea, especially as you could have a very strong side/club get beaten "on the day" in a GF, then possibly this is the out..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back