QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Saying this they aren't even going to finish 2nd bottom it appears so seems a bit ridiculous just cherry picking a side. Pres has a bit of clout though at AFLQ headquarters

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
A
Bunch of sooky tea sipping hipsters, play the div you’re in or fold. Plenty of clubs in the area that would love more players especially Robina.
We’ve seen how good Bond is in this division and they were relegated for finishing last, why let a team relegate when they could possibly be to good for this comp. Sounds like the just want to win a flag and not do the hard yards.

Yeronga easily the worst team in that comp and need to be relegated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
After asking the question to AFLQ today about relegation and promotion they insisted that the rules will not be changing the only way down is if your last only way up is if your premiers or the only other way you don’t play in you set division is 1/ your club folds or 2/ your club doesn’t have enough numbers then you go back too Friday night footy

BlackGun1

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Havent seen too many "hipsters" at Burleigh recently.. :)

Tend to agree though - you have a process in place, it needs to be able to pan out, not circumvent bc all of a sudden your next door neighbours aren't in the comp. In div 3 its been bloody tough for Nambour as the sole SC team but haven't heard them looking for another path. If Burleigh get relegated next year then so be it. And agree, Yeronga cannot stay up in Div 1 with current situation. Not fair on them. If 2 went down though and 2 up (always thought this isn't a terrible idea, especially as you could have a very strong side/club get beaten "on the day" in a GF, then possibly this is the out..

Yeah whoever said Yeronga want to stay in Div 1 has their mail completely wrong. I dare say there wouldn't be a Yeronga team next year if they had to stay in Div 1. Can tell you right now as an insider the club are looking forward to a better competition in Div 2 next year - and hopefully rebuild the juniors so there isn't a complete capitulation again once a few senior blokes leave.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah whoever said Yeronga want to stay in Div 1 has their mail completely wrong. I dare say there wouldn't be a Yeronga team next year if they had to stay in Div 1. Can tell you right now as an insider the club are looking forward to a better competition in Div 2 next year - and hopefully rebuild the juniors so there isn't a complete capitulation again once a few senior blokes leave.

Good to hear mate. Sensible thinking. Was only hearsay via some players to our players (and I must admit was surprised)

Good luck to the club in 2019.

BlackGun1

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good to hear mate. Sensible thinking. Was only hearsay via some players to our players (and I must admit was surprised)

Good luck to the club in 2019.

Are you Div1 or 2 affiliated smy? I must say - the Div 1 clubs have been extremely respectful and fair every week. Seems to be a mutual underlying respect throughout the comp for what the club has gone through this year.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you Div1 or 2 affiliated smy? I must say - the Div 1 clubs have been extremely respectful and fair every week. Seems to be a mutual underlying respect throughout the comp for what the club has gone through this year.

I think it may have been more an assumption BG from AFLQ point of view of keeping Yeronga in Div 1 due to being based at Headquarters.

No disrespect to Yeronga and their club, but I think Headquarters concerned that a few of clubs with great facilities struggling a bit in the community Divs was the whisper.

Not sure what the answer is though. Moreton in same boat. I know they floated idea of some match of rounds to be played at Yeronga a while back but I think it cops enough traffic with rep footy.

Anyway only one way up from here. Good luck in Div 2 next year mate and hope the Devils can turn it around.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Havent seen too many "hipsters" at Burleigh recently.. :)

Tend to agree though - you have a process in place, it needs to be able to pan out, not circumvent bc all of a sudden your next door neighbours aren't in the comp. In div 3 its been bloody tough for Nambour as the sole SC team but haven't heard them looking for another path. If Burleigh get relegated next year then so be it. And agree, Yeronga cannot stay up in Div 1 with current situation. Not fair on them. If 2 went down though and 2 up (always thought this isn't a terrible idea, especially as you could have a very strong side/club get beaten "on the day" in a GF, then possibly this is the out..

Agree it should be bottom 2 drop down and top 2 go up.
Often teams dominate all season yet fail for many reasons in the Granny so they stay in same Divy and dominate again or lose players to higher divy whom want to better their footy

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Div 1 mate and yeah, I’m not sure anyone enjoys walking on another clubs grave. Not dissimilar to last year and Bond uni. Every club goes thru really tough times and it wasn’t that long ago that maroochy were pole axed every week as an example.
I admire yeronga just for getting 2 teams on paddock each week this year as it has panned out.

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots.
Good luck to all those starting their 3 day bender tomorrow and spare a thought for the reserve players who have to wait for their seniors to finish finals. Amen

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both games appear very even tomorrow for start of finals. Good luck to everyone.

I think loser of Bond vs Beenleigh game would be nervous the following week as both Coomera and Cooly appear to be hitting form at right time of year.

Oldboybuff

Rookie
May 14, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great effort by the young Buffs today. Bond were very good at times today but those kids were exceptional.
The Pirates are obviously the stand out this season but can the young Buffs, Bond and a very impressive Cooly beat them and win it and go up to Div 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great effort by the young Buffs today. Bond were very good at times today but those kids were exceptional.
The Pirates are obviously the stand out this season but can the young Buffs, Bond and a very impressive Cooly beat them and win it and go up to Div 1.
Massive step up in grade if they do. Are they ready?

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Well done to the Buffs today just simply to good. Beat us all over the ground.

Lucky we have double chance to atone but Cooly up and about. Commiserations to Bond been good all year but injuries played a big part in back end maybe.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Lucky we have double chance to atone but Cooly up and about. Commiserations to Bond been good all year but injuries played a big part in back end maybe.
Well said Blocker,

* haven't the buffs developed this year.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
From what I know their coach was a good colts coach with pumas and did a good job being a kick away from prelim final as th senior coach. Good on him bc it would have been a kick in guts to be sacked from pumas.

Bunyip62

Senior List
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
From what I know their coach was a good colts coach with pumas and did a good job being a kick away from prelim final as th senior coach. Good on him bc it would have been a kick in guts to be sacked from pumas.

Probably unfair on the Buffs coach not to correct you there smy, you are pretty close though. The current coach of the Buffs is Cam James, the bloke you are thinking of is Damien Eddy, who is one of Cam's assistants this year, as well as coaching the inaugural Buffs colts group this year. Damo was Pumas colts coach in 2013 and 14 and Mt Gravatt colts coach in 2015 and 2016 and took all of those sides to finals footy. He was appointed pumas senior coach in 2017 and yes he got them to within a kick of a prelim final, but unfortunately was let go by the Pumas at seasons end. Cam James was Damo's assistant at Mt Gravatt and has been Buffs senior coach last year and again this year. He is a fantastic coach and has done an incredibly impressive job with such a young squad this year and deserves a lot of credit for their improvement. Really exciting time down at Beenleigh right now, some great young (and some older) talent running around.

Probably unfair on the Buffs coach not to correct you there smy, you are pretty close though. The current coach of the Buffs is Cam James, the bloke you are thinking of is Damien Eddy, who is one of Cam's assistants this year, as well as coaching the inaugural Buffs colts group this year. Damo was Pumas colts coach in 2013 and 14 and Mt Gravatt colts coach in 2015 and 2016 and took all of those sides to finals footy. He was appointed pumas senior coach in 2017 and yes he got them to within a kick of a prelim final, but unfortunately was let go by the Pumas at seasons end. Cam James was Damo's assistant at Mt Gravatt and has been Buffs senior coach last year and again this year. He is a fantastic coach and has done an incredibly impressive job with such a young squad this year and deserves a lot of credit for their improvement. Really exciting time down at Beenleigh right now, some great young (and some older) talent running around.

Any idea what the average age of the buffs senior team is mate?
They look like babies outside of Hartley

Awesome effort.

Bunyip62

Senior List
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Any idea what the average age of the buffs senior team is mate?
They look like babies outside of Hartley

Awesome effort.

I would say probably around the 20 mark Morro, as an average age. 6 that played saturday are Colts age, a couple of them bottom agers, then a group of about 10 that played Colts together over the last 3 years. Hartley, Price and Robinson the oldest but would only just be around the very late 20s mark each. 3 or 4 in the mid 20s bracket. So overall yes a very young group.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would say probably around the 20 mark Morro, as an average age. 6 that played saturday are Colts age, a couple of them bottom agers, then a group of about 10 that played Colts together over the last 3 years. Hartley, Price and Robinson the oldest but would only just be around the very late 20s mark each. 3 or 4 in the mid 20s bracket. So overall yes a very young group.
The baby buffalo’s

That's a recipe for sustained success.

Love it.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Sorry about that Bunyip - yep for some reason i thought Damo had gone to Buffs as the coach but good to hear he is involved with the coaching group!! I always enjoyed having a chat with Damo when he was at Springwood as a fellow coach at the Colts and Senior level.. :)

Great to hear a young side going places and sometimes it takes a real low point in a club to recognise not just what has to be done but what needs to be done and its obvious that Buffs have rebuilt themselves by gaining the services of the right people and putting an environment in place for young footballers to prosper. Still another game to be won but all the same its a fair effort by anyones stretch at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back