QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't make the mistake of signing a coach whose biggest selling point is bringing players to the club. That says to 2 things:

1. The club is trying buy success, not build it.
2. The coach has the ability to potentially take players with them when they 'decide' to up and leave again through false promises or pushing blame on any failures towards others or even the club. (We call that 'enabling').

Oh, and it makes perfect sense for a bunch of blokes to stay at a club with the intention of playing division 1 in 2019.
It makes even more sense that they will stay and be stuck in division 4 on a Friday night playing on a school ground; 45 minutes north of the city.

Hahahaha, I’m sure he isn’t the first Coach to be signed bringing players to a club in QLD or any state for that matter, I understand what your saying but you still didn’t get my point, of course park ridge would’ve had him coach on, if things didn’t go pearshaped, if you don’t know the truth don’t know why your having pot shots at park ridge.

have you asked them blokes where they would like to play Div 1 or Div 4? No one is ever stuck at a club if people don’t wanna play div 1 they up an leave an I’m sure if They didn’t want to play div 4 they would up an leave aswell, no one is forcing them or anyone at the club to play div 4,

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hahahaha, I’m sure he isn’t the first Coach to be signed bringing players to a club in QLD or any state for that matter, I understand what your saying but you still didn’t get my point, of course park ridge would’ve had him coach on, if things didn’t go pearshaped, if you don’t know the truth don’t know why your having pot shots at park ridge.

have you asked them blokes where they would like to play Div 1 or Div 4? No one is ever stuck at a club if people don’t wanna play div 1 they up an leave an I’m sure if They didn’t want to play div 4 they would up an leave aswell, no one is forcing them or anyone at the club to play div 4,

You are certainly right regarding coaches bringing players to a club, which in QLD footy seems to be important due to limited pools of players in certain areas, popularity of other sports etc.

Only a matter of time now to see if the playing group are happy to stay in division 4, or if some will head back to their native cub; or even join a new club at a higher division.

Apologies if it sounded as if I were taking pot shots at the club, certainly not my intention. However, regardless of circumstance, it seems a shame that PR worked towards getting into div 1, only to now have to travel back to div 4 and begin the rebuilding process once again. It is a hard and tough lesson.

I did read earlier in this thread that Yeronga and Park Ridge could have possibly merged to form a club? Any info and why that fell down?

Yeronga didnt feel it necessary to have their group play in Div 1 again I was told- not sure what would be in it for them tbh? Going back a division will allow them to regroup and hopefully get some wins on the board. Although reading some posts that say they too might be struggling for players. I really think the AFLQ need to look at rego and see if there is anywhere that can be trimmed in terms of what clubs are required to pay for each team - this would be one of the biggest deterrants for potential players imo.

Yeronga didnt feel it necessary to have their group play in Div 1 again I was told- not sure what would be in it for them tbh? Going back a division will allow them to regroup and hopefully get some wins on the board. Although reading some posts that say they too might be struggling for players. I really think the AFLQ need to look at rego and see if there is anywhere that can be trimmed in terms of what clubs are required to pay for each team - this would be one of the biggest deterrants for potential players imo.

It seems it is always a fine balancing act. Club rego is one issue, but my view and the elephant in the room so to speak is the ever growing disparity between SC/GC clubs compared to Brisbane based clubs. It is slowly becoming a competition where these regions will dominate the competition. One suggestion that could definitely alleviate part of the pressure is creating a Sunshine Coast team that competes in the QAFL, or even potential the NEAFL. Removes some top end quality from SC and levels the playing field somewhat in that region.

On another note and moving away from the PR situation, it seems a shame that a club with a rich history and long standing success (might I also add shares a home with AFLQ) has been unable/had issues fielding a side. I guess it goes to show that many clubs don't have friends in higher places.

surely the elephant in the room with clubs struggling is that sometimes 15-20 blokes from one club pick up and head to another one. This is never sustainable and usually backfires on both clubs.

There needs to be some sort of limit placed on this, just like they do with Womens footy.

surely the elephant in the room with clubs struggling is that sometimes 15-20 blokes from one club pick up and head to another one. This is never sustainable and usually backfires on both clubs.

There needs to be some sort of limit placed on this, just like they do with Womens footy.

agreed. PArk ridge don't want to be promoted to Div 1, end up in div 4.

Yeronga 3rds don't want to be promoted to Div 4, end up with the same team, but wearing a Vultures jumper instead in div 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buffs clearly Flag Favourites for this year you would expect. Heard they got Goodes back from Labrador plus a few others with him and topped up with a few from MtGravatt.

Think Cooly and Bond next in line and reckon Viccy Point will be the huge inprovers. Hearing they have snared a few nice recruits and throwing a bit of coin around. Kenmore will be around the top 3 as well with Corrie and Dewinter back in the fold.

Coomera and Carrara to fight out spoon just in front of Yeronga. Think those will have a tussle with themselves along with Alex Hills.

Buffs clearly Flag Favourites for this year you would expect. Heard they got Goodes back from Labrador plus a few others with him and topped up with a few from MtGravatt.

Think Cooly and Bond next in line and reckon Viccy Point will be the huge inprovers. Hearing they have snared a few nice recruits and throwing a bit of coin around. Kenmore will be around the top 3 as well with Corrie and Dewinter back in the fold.

Coomera and Carrara to fight out spoon just in front of Yeronga. Think those will have a tussle with themselves along with Alex Hills.
Buffs certainly flag fancies, agree along with Bond and Coolly, don’t discount Robina. Can’t see how two players past their best can bump up Kenmore, think they will jump up a couple of rungs mainly due to others namely Coomera and Alex dropping away.

Wait a minute, are Carrara and Coomera fighting it out for the spoon or are they just in front of yeronga wouldn't that mean Yeronga are locks for the spoon according to your post ?

Asking for a mate :-/

From all reports I’ve heard the buffs are super confident as they should be. But just because they come from Mt Gravatt doesn’t mean the world, I’ve been told they were mid range ressie players. It should be a very close division this one so I’m super excited to see how it all pans out. My tip is Robina will be right up there this year and Coomera for the spoon.

Wait a minute, are Carrara and Coomera fighting it out for the spoon or are they just in front of yeronga wouldn't that mean Yeronga are locks for the spoon according to your post ?

Asking for a mate :-/

Rumours have it yeronga can barely get a side on the park for this weekend. Doesn’t look good over there

Astonishing that Yeronga are allowed to stay in Div 2 having not produced a list of 50 players, yet Park Ridge are dumped to Div 4 for not having produced a list of 50 players...

Why are the rules different for different clubs?

A lot of deleted posts I see.
Good not the place for a blokes life to play out.
True or not.
Yeronga really struggling according to a few x players.
Possibly another Friday nite team.
Always on the cards for pirates.
They will spend one year in Friday nite then go straight into div three.
So many clubs struggling for numbers and the powers to be always just watch.
It's quite alarming how many clubs have folded or been forced to to Friday nite over the last few years.
But when it costs an arm and a leg just to play then you have to take care of your grounds and clubhouse.
Is it any wonder the big clubs excell and the small ones will eventually roll into one team clubs.

They need to address the issues though.

The volume of players isn't changing, they are just moving around from clubs to clubs.

AFLQ should implement a simple rule where no more than say 5 players can transfer from one club to another in bulk.

Entire squads moving from one place to another is causing the most damage

The volume of players isn't changing, they are just moving around from clubs to clubs.

AFLQ should implement a simple rule where no more than say 5 players can transfer from one club to another in bulk.

How about putting a cap on how many teams a single player can play for. Say if you transfer from 1 club to another you must stay there for minimum say 3 years, obviously there would be certain situations that could change that. Club folds etc

Mate there's plenty of rules they could implement.
Any club who takes on players because the new coach brought them better have a plan for when they leave.
Clubs paying big money to players at div 2 and 3 level is a joke.
Best you should get is free rego and a chance to take home awards.
At what point do clubs realize that any of the above is unsustainable.
Better management from clubs and headquarters is needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back