QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a fairly big allegation. Wouldn't think a single Brisbane based club in the QAFL or in Div 1 even has the funds to 'systematically' breach the cap even if they wanted to.

Not hard Fan to systematically breach the cap if you dont think you will be caught. With employment contracts needing to be submitted, the Southport greenkeeper trick wont be possible. It will only take one club to state that they offered a bloke $300/game and hes gone to a club that has already got 5 x $300 players for alarm bells to ring. It might smack of "McCarthyism" days but alot of investigations will be performed on the back of someone dropping a line to head office about a conversation he/she has had with a players wife or drunk mate. What will be interesting is how a Bond Uni scholarship fits into this system...

Hearing Assistant Coach at Coorparoo has walked with his sons and about 7 players from Coorparoo to another Div 2 Southside Club?

Any truths in rumours?

I’m hearing a lot of people not happy with the process of the way coach was appointed?

So don’t think it’s a knock on Baz more there was no interviews conducted, which he can’t control.

Lot of Roos stalwarts not happy?

Hearing Assistant Coach at Coorparoo has walked with his sons and about 7 players from Coorparoo to another Div 2 Southside Club?

Any truths in rumours?

I’m hearing a lot of people not happy with the process of the way coach was appointed?

So don’t think it’s a knock on Baz more there was no interviews conducted, which he can’t control.

Lot of Roos stalwarts not happy?

Depending on whether the players were senior regulars or reserves might have a big impact on points for said Div 2 club!!

I hear that the process for appointing the coach was no issue, just a few players who have dropped back to Div 1 in their career twilights aren't keen on the professionalism and expectations coming from the new coach, who is also dropping back from QAFL, but with the same expectations of a QAFL list.

dpending on where the club is at, and where thewy want to be - could be a good thing to weed out the 'casual' players who are in their twilight and bringing down standards.

Apparently Carrara has got Broadbeach’s reserve coach for the last two seasons as an assistant and a few handy fringe players following him, if so Carrara could be the big improvers next Season.
Anyone any names ?
Shane Madely is the assistant coach from Broadbeach.

I hear that the process for appointing the coach was no issue, just a few players who have dropped back to Div 1 in their career twilights aren't keen on the professionalism and expectations coming from the new coach, who is also dropping back from QAFL, but with the same expectations of a QAFL list.

dpending on where the club is at, and where thewy want to be - could be a good thing to weed out the 'casual' players who are in their twilight an

A new coach should be upsetting a few whom are in their comfort zone or nothing will change, only the lazy players won’t embrace it and clubs should be happy to see them go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noosa maybe in years gone by but not sure about recently.

I’d say Palm Beach and Labrador would’ve exceeded 100k
Must have been third party payments at Noosa because I’ve been on ctee there for over a decade and club has never spent anywhere near 100 k Have a budget for around 55/60 and were well below that this year.Will certainly need to up it if going to contend in qafl in 2021.

Must have been third party payments at Noosa because I’ve been on ctee there for over a decade and club has never spent anywhere near 100 k Have a budget for around 55/60 and were well below that this year.Will certainly need to up it if going to contend in qafl in 2021.
Nice one Noosaboy. A couple of thoughts though. Firstly, If I were you I'd be qualifying what you mean by 3rd party, I.e. legal employment contracts. Not that its anyones business if you've run it all past AFLQ and you have their blessing. Secondly, that budget would be beaten by just 3 QAFL clubs. So no need to up the budget but rather just have a good footy program, which by all accounts you have the platform for anyway.I reckon you'll take QAFL by storm in 2021

dpending on where the club is at, and where thewy want to be - could be a good thing to weed out the 'casual' players who are in their twilight and bringing down standards.
I didn't think you had a favourable opinion of Bazza. You said he was a boofhead and now you're saying he's too professional. Which one is it?

Never said he was a boofhead, didn't publicly say what my issue with him was only that I don't think he's a great influence. You can't coach QAFL without a level of a professional approach, but he obviously made plenty of mistakes. Maybe ask Matt Trewwella what he thinks..?

Never said he was a boofhead, didn't publicly say what my issue with him was only that I don't think he's a great influence. You can't coach QAFL without a level of a professional approach, but he obviously made plenty of mistakes. Maybe ask Matt Trewwella what he thinks..?

Why didn't you say what your issue was with him? Looks like he asked on the div 1 page and you never replied? You just seem to stir the pot but when grilled you don't reply as per usual.

Not sure a club directly announcing player is a “grapevine”. Some of you blokes are pretty simple... not hard to look at Facebook announcements and have facts. 3 pirates off to the swans, the Rutledge boys not only terrific young blokes but both can play. And Wardo is a solid pickup. Added a few rippers now, would be great to see the swans headed back up the ladder. Some great people have worked hard to rebuild the club the last few years, all due for some success. Pirates with a few to replace but I’m sure Blocker will have recruits coming in, he’s the best in the business at bringing talent to the pirates
Nice one longy... easy enough to call me pretty simple. However I posted this comment almost 3 weeks before pine rivers announced it..

why would I write such a comment if I read it off their fb page

Nice one Noosaboy. A couple of thoughts though. Firstly, If I were you I'd be qualifying what you mean by 3rd party, I.e. legal employment contracts. Not that its anyones business if you've run it all past AFLQ and you have their blessing. Secondly, that budget would be beaten by just 3 QAFL clubs. So no need to up the budget but rather just have a good footy program, which by all accounts you have the platform for anyway.I reckon you'll take QAFL by storm in 2021

Yeah I agree lagging - think the $60k cap is pretty generous in the main and in reality should only need $40k to be competitive in the QAFL unless you are happy paying overs. Just make sure all recruit interviews are done on the balcony at Noosa SLSC NB, that will get a few over the line (and make sure they bring their partners as well). :)

Wynnum and Alex Hills I think.

3-4 blokes to Wynnum via new assistant Shaun Stewart. Had a couple of kids at the Kings.

From what I understand, only 1 player that has made the move over is a player with more than 30 games of senior experience (His son Blake). Other couple are reserve grade players wanting to play senior footy

Handy but not a heap of senior footballers as suggested

3-4 blokes to Wynnum via new assistant Shaun Stewart. Had a couple of kids at the Kings.

From what I understand, only 1 player that has made the move over is a player with more than 30 games of senior experience (His son Blake). Other couple are reserve grade players wanting to play senior footy

Handy but not a heap of senior footballers as suggested

I reckon Brandon goes alright too being a previous division rep player and B&F winner with a third brother who played majority ones games. Also a couple of others who definitely were ones players at the kings.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back