QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Brandon is a QAFL level footballer. Is he definitely locked in?

I am reliably informed it is at least 5 senior players from Coorparoo. Not sure what that does with points but I’m sure Plugger and his team will sort that out.

Will definitely make Wynnum the team to beat I think in Northern Division.

Think most clubs recruiting well at all levels of Community Footy it appears.

Obviously Pine Rivers have got a few out of us and Sandgate so they will be big improvers as well.

I hear that the process for appointing the coach was no issue, just a few players who have dropped back to Div 1 in their career twilights aren't keen on the professionalism and expectations coming from the new coach, who is also dropping back from QAFL, but with the same expectations of a QAFL list.

dpending on where the club is at, and where thewy want to be - could be a good thing to weed out the 'casual' players who are in their twilight and bringing down standards.

I heard decision of coach was made the day applications closed. So no interviews were conducted, just one key person in club made the appointment without any knowledge of the rest of committee.

As I said no fault of Baz’s he just applied and got appointed. So good luck to him. But it did get people off side hence the assistant coach moving on.

Isn’t the first time this sort of thing has happened and definitely won’t be the last.

You're only considered a QAFL player if you have played 5 or more senior QAFL games in the last 3 seasons.

Unsure on the players in question, but if they don't meet that criteria, then my reading on the rules is that they would be 2 pointers as they are moving from Div 4 to Div 2.

Looking at the Kenmore recruiting, they are going to be tight! I count 18 odd points from the latest 4 announcements!
I don't agree with the points you got
Rolls played with Kenmore last year
So no points there
The others Kenmore juniors
Only knuckles gets points

that would be how it works down your way wouldn't it?

Always done the process mate, but have made a few bad decisions in past.

Few unforeseen issues as well with certain coaches. But we learn from that. Think we got the right man now.

Very astute coach and has great record at coaching young players which is what we really need moving forward.

Always done the process mate, but have made a few bad decisions in past.

Few unforeseen issues as well with certain coaches. But we learn from that. Think we got the right man now.

Very astute coach and has great record at coaching young players which is what we really need moving forward.

Never a perfect science. Hindsight is 20/20. You can only hope really that the bloke u appoint is right.

I heard decision of coach was made the day applications closed. So no interviews were conducted, just one key person in club made the appointment without any knowledge of the rest of committee.

As I said no fault of Baz’s he just applied and got appointed. So good luck to him. But it did get people off side hence the assistant coach moving on.

Isn’t the first time this sort of thing has happened and definitely won’t be the last.

Since 2010, Coorparoo has had 3 coaches and all 3 have been premiership coaches. 6 GF’s in that time so not a bad strike rate from the one key person

Reckon the one key person has got the runs on the board to make the call himself.... if it were true. 4 people involved FYI

Shaun Stewart was also never an assistant coach.

Belongs in Div 1 thread but here are the facts to put it to bed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no you can't. that would be a rediculous rule

You definitely can Fan - you need to apply for it but for example kids coming out of Kawana 16's right now can be "recruited" by various senior clubs in the area (Maroochy, Caloundra, Nambour) and be classified as junior players (1 pt players) for points purposes in due course when/if they happen to play senior footy. What do you suggest would happen to players that play at junior only clubs???
Its a very good idea tbh.

You definitely can Fan - you need to apply for it but for example kids coming out of Kawana 16's right now can be "recruited" by various senior clubs in the area (Maroochy, Caloundra, Nambour) and be classified as junior players (1 pt players) for points purposes in due course when/if they happen to play senior footy. What do you suggest would happen to players that play at junior only clubs???
Its a very good idea tbh.
I think that all kids under a certain age are 2 points anyway aren't they under the revised 2020 if their not a junior player of 40 games? So if they finish U16s and then transfer over to an unaligned senior club for 2 years in Colts they drop the extra 1 point in the 3rd year anyway. Same outcome?

I think that all kids under a certain age are 2 points anyway aren't they under the revised 2020 if their not a junior player of 40 games? So if they finish U16s and then transfer over to an unaligned senior club for 2 years in Colts they drop the extra 1 point in the 3rd year anyway. Same outcome?

Yep -true Lagging - Wests though and possibly a club like Kawana in years to come have colts so you recruit them straight out of colts. If you align with a junior club (and just be cause you request doesn't mean you will be granted) though the 50 game rule applies to that junior club so will be a 1 pt player from yr 1. That's my understanding

Colts is no junior footy, its part of senior footy.

Is there a limit to the amount of clubs a junior club can align to?

This is stupid if they can only align to one club, as we know what the dodgier senior clubs will do with rules like this....

Yes, you can align with any club (see section 2 definitions here): https://www.aflq.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-QAFL-Player-Points-System.pdf

I just hadn't heard that Kenmore Jnrs and Seniors actually had. They're getting some players from Wests Juniors too so I presume they've aligned? They used to have an arrangement with UQ

that link is 2 years old, the system has been overhauled twice since then.

(not like aFLQ to have outdated info on their website...)

Colts is no junior footy, its part of senior footy.

Is there a limit to the amount of clubs a junior club can align to?

This is stupid if they can only align to one club, as we know what the dodgier senior clubs will do with rules like this....

No - it wont be decided by the junior club either but it would be safe to say that Wests JAFC could be aligned to a number of clubs in the western suburbs.
Its up to the senior clubs to put case forward as to why they should be allowed to align with said junior club and the AFLQ will either tick off or say nay. That's my understanding of it - there isn't that many junior only clubs tbh.

From what I’ve seen in the last Few weeks our new coach at the pen is going to be a star, not sure what he would of learnt under Mansell at Ipswich but I’d imagine it would of been nothing and braught a heap of 1st graders with him, Ipswich will be in a world of hurt and might finally wield the axe on Mansell.

morton will go close again , us the chooks and pine rivers being the big improvers, looks like plugger has opened up the check book which we all know what happened last time he did that and jindalee will play finals

From what I’ve seen in the last Few weeks our new coach at the pen is going to be a star, not sure what he would of learnt under Mansell at Ipswich but I’d imagine it would of been nothing and braught a heap of 1st graders with him, Ipswich will be in a world of hurt and might finally wield the axe on Mansell.

morton will go close again , us the chooks and pine rivers being the big improvers, looks like plugger has opened up the check book which we all know what happened last time he did that and jindalee will play finals
You’re forgetting your

Why wouldn’t you put this in the div 3 thread. Or are you totally *ed?

On a different note, been watching all the former Zillmere players that have played VFL/AFL footy on their club Facebook.

They have had a ton of players make it at the top level. Such a shame that the club still isn’t competing at the top echelon. But they do seem like they are working hard to be very competitive this year.

it got me thinking, what Club would have had the most players succeed at the top level.
I know Morningside have had a lot along with Zillmere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back