QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All, new to the forum scene,

Curious for thoughts about a park ridge tactic I've noticed after going down to watch a few games. They put a second footy behind the goal post to allow for quick kick in. While not against the rules do you think they should replicate for the opposing team? Let me say I think this is a great idea and injects speed into games which creates better viewing, just think that maybe should be an even playing field.

Been down to watch plenty of games so far across the board and think this season of div 2 footy is looking absolutely awesome. Ive got my top five as Bond, Beenleigh, Pirates, Coomera and Cooly.

Cheers.

So does the footy behind the post swap ends each quarter? Interesting tactic obviously been working hence why they are 4-0

blocker an his boys are onto something

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah the runner comes down, grabs it and the balls swaps ends. Plenty more that is working for them just something small I picked up. Not sure if they take an extra footy to away games and do it?

Hi All, new to the forum scene,

Curious for thoughts about a park ridge tactic I've noticed after going down to watch a few games. They put a second footy behind the goal post to allow for quick kick in. While not against the rules do you think they should replicate for the opposing team? Let me say I think this is a great idea and injects speed into games which creates better viewing, just think that maybe should be an even playing field.

Been down to watch plenty of games so far across the board and think this season of div 2 footy is looking absolutely awesome. Ive got my top five as Bond, Beenleigh, Pirates, Coomera and Cooly.

Cheers.

Not uncommon, smart tactic, would have thought most teams were doing this though ? If not, why not? Obviously both Footy's need to be new and you could argue cost efficiency doing so but makes for a more flowing game.

Not uncommon, smart tactic, would have thought most teams were doing this though ? If not, why not? Obviously both Footy's need to be new and you could argue cost efficiency doing so but makes for a more flowing game.

I think it's obvious its making a faster game, but i think his point is, is it fair that the away team doesn't have the opportunity for a quick kick in

I think it's obvious its making a faster game, but i think his point is, is it fair that the away team doesn't have the opportunity for a quick kick in

Yeah exactly, it surprisingly(to me anyway) went unnoticed from the few people I spoke to after the game and from what I could gather the two opposing teams I’ve seen/spoke to had no idea about it.

I just think if they were going to to do it, it should be replicated for the opposing team.

Smart tactics but if true is an unfair advantage to one team , should be an extra ball at both ends to make it fair .

its deplorable behaviour. (if true)

Firstly how is it deplorable if it's a rule you tosser. No different from a player taking ball through under pressure and returning ball straight back into play.

For the record the comment was incorrect as ball got left at one end all day as we don't have a net at that end.

But raises the question maybe both teams supply an extra ball so it happens at both ends. But most of the time at the net end the ball comes back into play fairly quickly anyway.

Pretty sure you cant put a ball at one end only Blocker IF there was no nets. Just doesn't sound right? But like you said if it was one end only then shouldn't have been an issue. Umpires are there to sort that sort of stuff out though.

Last edited:
Nah at one end is fine if it's the same end all game. Has happened at lots of grounds where one end is more exposed to roads, yards etc. Moving it to benefit one side for four quarters would be shithouse but not if same end all game

Firstly how is it deplorable if it's a rule you tosser. No different from a player taking ball through under pressure and returning ball straight back into play.

For the record the comment was incorrect as ball got left at one end all day as we don't have a net at that end.

But raises the question maybe both teams supply an extra ball so it happens at both ends. But most of the time at the net end the ball comes back into play fairly quickly anyway.

I've go no motive against the pirates or this tactic but can 100% say that the ball was moved to the netted end when pirates were running that way. There was NO ball at the school end when the opposing team was running that way (I know because I actually collected the kicked footy for them once or twice). I suppose there have been plenty of fibs told around these parts before and maybe I should have taken a picture or something.

No harm intended, as I said just an observation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've go no motive against the pirates or this tactic but can 100% say that the ball was moved to the netted end when pirates were running that way. There was NO ball at the school end when the opposing team was running that way (I know because I actually collected the kicked footy for them once or twice). I suppose there have been plenty of fibs told around these parts before and maybe I should have taken a picture or something.

So you are a first time poster and just happen to notice this at our game and then you are now collecting footys?

You sound like an ex coach bitter at our club.

Have you guys nothing better to talk about .Its not unusual to have a ball at an end that you may not get back in a hurry .Ie Park ridge , Beenleigh into the school , Springwood over the trees , Wynnum club house end to name a couple .I can tell you that it made no difference in our game against the pirates surely runners and others have better things to do in a game than swap the ball over .Find something that matters in game to talk about .

Have you guys nothing better to talk about .Its not unusual to have a ball at an end that you may not get back in a hurry .Ie Park ridge , Beenleigh into the school , Springwood over the trees , Wynnum club house end to name a couple .I can tell you that it made no difference in our game against the pirates surely runners and others have better things to do in a game than swap the ball over .Find something that matters in game to talk about .
As long as it stays at that end commish I suppose it’s okay.

You would have a few of those wouldn't you Blocker?

Who is coaching in 2019?

Bashing Park Ridge again Fan. Pretty sure we got the right bloke now mate so you can rest peacefully.

Your Kenmore boys went better yesterday. Thought they had game in bag but let Buffs kick the last 5 goals?

But big improvement so maybe Ash has the Bears back on track.

Bashing Park Ridge again Fan. Pretty sure we got the right bloke now mate so you can rest peacefully.

Your Kenmore boys went better yesterday. Thought they had game in bag but let Buffs kick the last 5 goals?

That’s his go isn’t it? Bash clubs he has nothing to do with and people who are trying their best at community clubs, as well as make predictions that never work out. Nothing better than a know all hiding behind an alias taking pot shots at people who wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire if they knew who he really was.

A class act all round the Fan.

Kenmore were very good at times yesterday Blocker, chipped the ball around as well as any team I have seen this year. Very well set up defensively, 2 behind the ball pretty much all day, worked well. The last quarter yes we kicked 5 goals to win it with a pretty solid breeze. What made it more meritorious than it looks is that we had no bench in the last due to some key injuries during the game. To win it like that with just a bunch of kids really was as good a win at Beenleigh as there has been for many years. We rate it really highly, very proud of the youngsters that really lifted and got us over the line. A valuable 4 points that we will take gladly.

That’s his go isn’t it? Bash clubs he has nothing to do with and people who are trying their best at community clubs, as well as make predictions that never work out. Nothing better than a know all hiding behind an alias taking pot shots at people who wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire if they knew who he really was.

And Longy comes out of no where throwing hay makers!!! If only the farmers could make hay as quick as longy threw them hahhaha but just deserves

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Totally agree Longy. Takes a lot of good people at most clubs to get sides on the paddock each week.

Be nice for him to say something positive about a club that has only had seniors for 4 years and playing in a reasonable division of footy and sitting 5 zip.

But if we were doing the hard work to please utensil suckers like Fan I suppose we doing it for the wrong reasons.

Top class flog that no one respects or gives a toss on his opinion or comments.

Keep up the good work at Eagles mate 3 on the trot would be fantastic achievement

Thanks Longy, I am a fan of yours also. Think you'll find over time my comments are reasonably balanced between fair criticism of some clubs, and fair praise of others. In fact your mob is one I can't recall having a crack at, but thats because there is no reason to.

I'll call a spade a spade, just as you are welcome to have a whack at me whenever you like - I'll survive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back