QFA Div 2

Oldboybuff

Rookie
May 14, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well done to Coomera today, they took opportunities and got us with strong running in the last quarter.
Must admit we are pretty disappointed at the support we have had from visiting sides having a beer at the end of the game. The Buffs make sure they stick around at each club when we are away but that yet is reciprocated.

Good job by the half wit that punched a hole in our away box.

Last edited:

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots.
Well done to Coomera today, they took opportunities and got us with strong running in the last quarter.
Must admit we are pretty disappointed at the support we have had from visiting sides having a beer at the end of the game. The Buffs make sure they stick around at each club when we are away but that yet is reciprocated.

Plenty of coomera blokes hung around and put money over the bar but it’s unfortunate for you guys who have your can bar in the worst spot on the ground, though at least you moved it outside the cricket nets so it doesn’t feel like your sinking tins in a prison.
Hard to beat a nice deck with a great view of the game(and scoreboard) and $4 schooies.
Double edged sword for you blokes with the sports club being a sponsor.
Senior game was a cracker but Buffs inaccuracy in front of goal probably cost them in the end.
Glad to see the goal posts have been fixed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Sounded like a good game of footy Old Buff. We have found most teams are supportive of hanging around for a beer at each club. Robina were definitely the best thus far with Beenleigh and Moreton having good numbers. I think Coomera had 2 or 3 players come over which I suppose is still some form of representation.

We have made a club rule that we all go in for at least a beer, I know it's hard with some clubs having functions to get to or players with other commitments. But it is sometimes the difference of having a good day or bad day with the alcohol sales.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Strong support for AFL Reserves comp to be reinstated from both AFL and VFL clubs. This would obviously impact current NEAFL format.

Heard yesterday that AFL still want NEAFL competition and the licenses signed this year were 5 years and AFL will insist they stay in tact.

Appears Lions and Suns also keen to stay in that competition. Only Melbourne Clubs looking to extend their lists to get the old VFL ressies competition up and going.

Pretty reliable sources so not sure what that means for QAFL.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting concept.

So if the VFL Ressies gets up, given there are 8 interstate teams that don't have true ressies, it will be a weird and wonderful structure in Vic!

Agree can't see how it can work without the old VFA Teams like Port Melbourne, Williamstown, Werribee etc.

Be interesting to see how it pans out mate.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Interesting concept.

So if the VFL Ressies gets up, given there are 8 interstate teams that don't have true ressies, it will be a weird and wonderful structure in Vic!
Whys that mate? 10 teams will have 2's - that's a pretty good comp imo. The non aligned AFL teams will drift back into a premier comp imo that will be like the old VFA but not the same clubs. Think there will be the best clubs from metro Vic in there and be incredibly strong you would think and a fantastic club based competition as well.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your maybe right, be a good game

Bond just a bit to good in the end but our boys lost no admirers. Can't give good sides 40 points start at half time and expect to reel them in.

Inaccurate kicking again was difference in the end. I'm sure will be equally good game on the return bout.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bit windy down there Blocker?

No mate we just didn't finish off in the manner we should have. Think we kicked 3.9 in third quarter and most of those misses were set shots.

No excuses mate. Good to see you boys get on the board today mate.

below average

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots.
I umpire and got smashed last week by a player.
One of those things that happen.
No red card just a you all good from both of us.
Must have been pretty deliberate to card him.

He gave away a free and then he showed the umpire what he did and touched him and then the ump pulled out the red

Last edited:

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He gave away a free and then he showed the umpire what he did and touched him and then the ump pulled out the red

I might be wrong according to the letter of law here.
But I believe umpries need to harden up and understand that players get excited and emotional sometimes.
Sometimes when a player gives me a bit of a spray you have two choices.
Penalise him or politely let him know that's once.
I suppose that's a point of view from an old bloke who's played a bit of footy and reads the game as well as umpires it.

BonythonPython

Draftee
Feb 24, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow how good is Daryl Whites young bloke? If he decided to play AFL would be playing a lot better level than Div 2.

Alex Hills will cause some damage on way home I think.

Well done to Robina who looked like they pushed Bond all the way and Kenmore a lot more competitive today.

Looked like a solid round of footy.

Caught the Robina Bond game yesterday, no doubt Robina play that ground well. Not afraid to have set shots beyond the arch. Anyone know if bond were missing anyone. That Merritt bloke was probably the difference in the end.

Back