QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Will struggle from what i here there is only 4 or 5 players left from their top 22 this year.

Any big names switching clubs for next season?

Happens every year with them. Have a good year but don’t win premiership.. everyone jumps ship and tries somewhere else. New coach will bring great culture and some good players back. He bleeds red white and black.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any big player movements? Heard a rumour from someone high up that marooka, pine rivers and Carrara have had a massive exodus can anyone confirm?

So what happened to last years coach, got recruits n got’m to a prelim n got the ass?
Didnt get the arse i believe he is the coach of Coolie next season and most players went with. Not enought support from the committee i believe

Moorooka big exodus? Only a couple have left 1 big name oh and Mitch Merritt cant forget about the qafls favourite boy.
Carrara had a good chunk leave for a higher level
Not sure about pine rivers
Im sure Moorooka will miss Merrit

Last edited:
Been following these threads for a while.
Long time listener first time commenter!

Is there any truth to;
Wynnum - looking the goods with some big signings and return of a good chunk of SE Suns players.
Ipswich - Throwing coin at everything that moves.
Redcliffe - Recruiting Heavily!
Links to many QAFL players and throwing coin left right and center to drag themselves out of the swamp! Pugs coaching could be a master stroke but buy in once his expectations of players is known, the tigers will do what they always do... little!
Kedron - Probably another single year before dropping to Div 5 for an easy flag to boost morale.
Swans - Recruiting heavily.
3rd coach in 3 years, hopefully 3rd time lucky!
Moorooka - Major dramas off field with the head coach doing everything he can for power and control. Kicking out Mitch Merrit is proof of this. Hopefully more than 1 win this year, but will likely be a shambles with loss of Mitch.
Nambour - Pushing s**t uphill but a great bunch of boys that everyone loves playing.
Cararra - Hopefully the exodus shuts a few of the big mouths running around down there, especially in the ressies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any truth to;
Wynnum - looking the goods with some big signings and return of a good chunk of SE Suns players.
Links to many QAFL players and throwing coin left right and center to drag themselves out of the swamp! Pugs coaching could be a master stroke but buy in once his expectations of players is known, the tigers will do what they always do... little!
Kedron - Probably another single year before dropping to Div 5 for an easy flag to boost morale.
Moorooka - Major dramas off field with the head coach doing everything he can for power and control. Kicking out Mitch Merrit is proof of this. Hopefully more than 1 win this year, but will likely be a shambles with loss of Mitch.
Nambour - Pushing s**t uphill but a great bunch of boys that everyone loves playing.
Cararra - Hopefully the exodus shuts a few of the big mouths running around down there, especially in the ressies.

Redcliffe will be hard to beat if all the sandgate players end up there, including Overington who was 4th in grogan two years ago. Swans not doing as well, internal drama around committee etc and more players leaving than arriving. I'm told. Kedron had a big turn out to training last night, two teams shouldn't be an issue and the top end talent if they hold onto them will see them top 3 in this comp. Carrara coach has left and taken a few elsewhere, might battle a touch. Wynnum will go well, top 3 out of them, Redcliffe and Kedron.

I'm of the understanding that its all about buy in from the playing group at Redcliffe. Past coaches have expressed the lack of drive and care in the past because it was just accepted that they'd drop back and win reserves flags.
If Pugs can change that and bring in blokes like Tommy O, they'll be the goods, but for a club that 'doesnt pay players', its hard to believe they're not spending a bit this season.
Hopefully the loyal Redcliffe boys don't get their noses out of joint if all of a sudden there's a bit of coin going to these sandgate boys and the 'culture' guys like Tommy bring!!!

Not sure how committee drama should effect the playing group at swans. Preseason hasnt even started. No doubt a few will head to North Lakes and the new team thats starting there.

I agree Realtalkz.
That should be the top 3, but can't discount Ipswich and their recruits.
You'd have to pay big coin to get people to go anywhere near ipswich!

I love this time of the year!!!! Everyone has a good story to tell, but do agree with Wynnum and Redcliffe being the biggest improvers for 2018.

Is there any truth to;
Interesting comments here , the way you have listed it is interesting as well. Is it your predictions as well on how the clubs will finish?

Di

Didnt you boys pick up heath munro? Would have to be flag favourites now
Far from favourites mate that title would be going to 1 of 3 teams Wynnum,Redcliffe and Kedron, they have some good coaches with great connections so your favourites would be amongst them

I think you will find merrit drove himself out by going behind the committees back doing things he shouldnt be, setting up secret meetings with people he wanted to coach the club when the coaches job was never there to be taken. Im sure he has spun a big yarn to make himself look like the victim but he was asked to stay at the club but couldnt get things his own way and didnt like it
That is a great yarn, full of truth and compelling investigative journalism.. you may yet have a successful career as a football columnist at The Age ahead of you. I won't engage in this any further as I need to commit 100% to my Wednesday Night AFL 9's Team. Sincerely, best of luck to the team at Griffith Moorooka in 2018!

Wouldn't be far from the trurth Mr Merrit, yes i have been working very closely with caro wilson to get the very best out of my myself in that area. Yes i wish you and tim pearson all the best in ruining yet another club in 2018

Why the need to edit your initial post from degrading a premiership coach to then ripping on the club's new infrastructure upgrade? Help out or get out. I'm out.

Wowee The Roost.

If this is an insight into what's going on behind closed doors in the hen house, it looks like some bad eggs have hatched and certainly had a lot to do with this "ousting".
Mitch doesnt hide behind a fake name and has always been an outstanding representative of the Moorooka Football Club. To single out individuals in such a public way, someone that's worked tirelessly for the good of a community football club and an ex coach is below avarage.

My money is on Moorooka having another outstanding season on the bottom and good luck to those who think they can do a better job. Theres always a few at every club that think they can do it better, but they're usually the ones that don't volunteer.

Time to put your money where your mouth is!
All the best with that!

Wow, got told there was a fair bit happening on here today.

For those who don’t know I’m the Coach of Moorooka.

Firstly we’re not sure who the roost is, we’ve been trying to find out for a while but we also had some lucky duck bloke claiming to be from the club aswell during the year talking abit of drivel.
Feel free to read into what they say as you will.

I am interested to know how I drove mitch out though, Mitch I’m sure you can clear that up mate....from our last chat you left to pursue an opportunity with western magpies so im not sure where I come into this! my sole focus is to coach the club and I’ve always wished him the best and will continue too.
Whatever happened behind the scenes was without my knowledge and frankly I don’t care anymore as we have plenty of positive changes going on.

The club currently has less than 20 people left at the club from 2016 and when I came onboard myself/mitch and my assistant worked our ass off to bring people to club and ended up fielding 3 men’s team. Short term pain yes but long term is the focus and mitch can back that up. New developments and new players coming in so the club is in good shape going forward.

Onfield we will continue to train hard and prepare for the season ahead. Things are tracking well and we’ve only had 1 session so far and had 40+ so I’m not complaining.

See you all during the year and good luck to the other guys for the season.

Not sure how long you'v been following BigFooty Roost but most of it is about putting forward what you've heard and discussing it.
I'd been told this was the case by a few sources, that's why i wrote it.
Just relaying what Ive heard.
Its interesting to see it blow up like this.
Obviously a bit of truth behind it.

I'm not associated with Moorooka in any way.
I know a guy that knows a guy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back