QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how long you'v been following BigFooty Roost but most of it is about putting forward what you've heard and discussing it.
I'd been told this was the case by a few sources, that's why i wrote it.
Just relaying what Ive heard.
Its interesting to see it blow up like this.
Obviously a bit of truth behind it.

I'm not associated with Moorooka in any way.
I know a guy that knows a guy!

Not really that long mate was just stating what i had heard aswell there is always two sides to every story but from what i have heard its a completely different one to yours. Im pretty sure i seen the chooks coach post on here ?? Maybe himself and merrit can put this chaos to bed

Last edited:
How good's div 3 footy?

Having been a former player at Moorooka, it gets rather tiresome to constantly read that Tim "wrecked" the club. He did no such thing in my eyes and about time people stopped reporting such dribble and moved on with their lives.

Also, having know Mr. Merritt longer than I've known anyone else (bar family), I can safely say that your posts are well off the mark Theroost.

Not sure how long you'v been following BigFooty Roost but most of it is about putting forward what you've heard and discussing it.
I'd been told this was the case by a few sources, that's why i wrote it.
Just relaying what Ive heard.
Its interesting to see it blow up like this.
Obviously a bit of truth behind it.

I'm not associated with Moorooka in any way.
I know a guy that knows a guy!

Being a germ under a different name now Watto?

Interesting you make an account today and rubbish the current coach trying to say he pushed mitch out the door with very little facts and only one side of the story. No one is doubting mitch worked his arse off to keep the club afloat but you are in the same boat as me shaming the coach without knowing a thing

You actually sound like an ex moorooka player now i think of the way you speak

The ex coach is ordinary 3 clubs in 4 yrs? Decent coach s**t bloke maybe. Im pretty sure Merritt rubbished him all year aswell
How can a bloke who who comes to a club that has won only a handful of games during the previous 5 season,then develops them into a dominant team, including winning a flag in his second year, and playing in a prelim in his third year before moving on and since his departure the Roosters have only won a couple games in two seasons. How is it Tim’s doing?
Past decade
3 years with Tim coaching approx 40 wins, 7 years with other coaches less than 20 wins. Spot the mistake

No one questioned him as a coach obviously done good things with his side and makes his job easier when he has the cattle to do it. Lets move on now I should not of stired the pot my apologies

Who is your tip for the flag
Eagles, hunger to go one better and have recruited some good talent.

Been following these threads for a while.
Long time listener first time commenter!

Is there any truth to;
Wynnum - looking the goods with some big signings and return of a good chunk of SE Suns players.
Ipswich - Throwing coin at everything that moves.
Redcliffe - Recruiting Heavily!
Links to many QAFL players and throwing coin left right and center to drag themselves out of the swamp! Pugs coaching could be a master stroke but buy in once his expectations of players is known, the tigers will do what they always do... little!
Kedron - Probably another single year before dropping to Div 5 for an easy flag to boost morale.
Swans - Recruiting heavily.
3rd coach in 3 years, hopefully 3rd time lucky!
Moorooka - Major dramas off field with the head coach doing everything he can for power and control. Kicking out Mitch Merrit is proof of this. Hopefully more than 1 win this year, but will likely be a shambles with loss of Mitch.
Nambour - Pushing s**t uphill but a great bunch of boys that everyone loves playing.
Cararra - Hopefully the exodus shuts a few of the big mouths running around down there, especially in the ressies.

Been following these threads for a while.
Long time listener first time commenter!

Is there any truth to;
Wynnum - looking the goods with some big signings and return of a good chunk of SE Suns players.
Ipswich - Throwing coin at everything that moves.
Redcliffe - Recruiting Heavily!
Links to many QAFL players and throwing coin left right and center to drag themselves out of the swamp! Pugs coaching could be a master stroke but buy in once his expectations of players is known, the tigers will do what they always do... little!

Intreasting comments. Sounds like you are throwing around some s**t and seen what sticks. How could anyone know so much this early on in the season about all the clubs. One questions redcliffe pulling themselves out of the swamp? They did play finals didnt they and beat evert team except for vicpoint. Hardly struggle street.

Carrara lost a coach and some players.. starting to build a better culture bringing juniors through the system. Loud mouths are still there for the ressies, they’ll never leave so have fun with that one. They’ll always be competitive. #saintsfooty2018

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carrara lost a coach and some players.. starting to build a better culture bringing juniors through the system. Loud mouths are still there for the ressies, they’ll never leave so have fun with that one. They’ll always be competitive. #saintsfooty2018

Lost some? The stories i hear are that there is only 4 left from their starting top 22 that in my opinio is quite alot more than some, and i dare say the would lose some ressies like all clubs do. I'd say a massive rebuild is required and that wont be happening over night, hopefully they can pick up a few new players so they aint to far away where they were in 2017 season, 2018 will be a closer season than 2017 i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so where do all the current Coolie players go? Cararra?!

Coolie had plenty of weeks where they had to permit players or were short in the twos. Clubs will naturally lose a few each year as well, so another 15-20 players is probably what thethey need to have comfortable numbers for the year with injuries along the way

oh ok, had no idea clubs could sustain growing their numbers by 18-20 without having to push guys out the door as a result.

Id hate to win a flag with a team i have joined just to chase a flag. What a hollow, sad, self centered reason to play the game. Id much rather play for a team, with a bunch of mates i have battled and struggled with for years and finaly achieve a flag. If logan (suns) hadn't folded i couldnt imagine to many turning up to the 10 year reunion.

Id hate to win a flag with a team i have joined just to chase a flag. What a hollow, sad, self centered reason to play the game. Id much rather play for a team, with a bunch of mates i have battled and struggled with for years and finaly achieve a flag. If logan (suns) hadn't folded i couldnt imagine to many turning up to the 10 year reunion.

I’m the same, play for the love of the game and your mates. Carrara are building a base now to start a great culture

spot on.

FlyingEagle you're quickly becoming the biggest knob on the board. It's a really good look for a coach to be participating in the spreading of rumours about other clubs. You should really stick to tidying up you're own backyard.

FlyingEagle you're quickly becoming the biggest knob on the board. It's a really good look for a coach to be participating in the spreading of rumours about other clubs. You should really stick to tidying up you're own backyard.
Participating in spreading rumours? All ive done is mentioned what ive heard like many people do on here, and for Carraras sake i hope it is only a rumor after such a strong season it would be a pity for them not to play finals again 2018 and keep building their club, so im quite happy for you to show me what rumors im spreading along with the other on this thread who also talk about what they have heard.
And for my own back yard im quite happy on where my club is heading.After 4-5 year as a club struggling with winning games and not having many numbers and then both teams making finals in 2017 we are doing alright but like every other club we have areas we need to work on and improve. So if your going to write a post about me participating in so called spreading rumours about other clubs why not write one about everyone else who mentions somthing they have heard obviously you have nothing better to do with your time.

Bit quiet in this division. Any recruitment news of late? When do clearances start getting put through and what’s the link to where they become available?

Bit quiet in this division. Any recruitment news of late? When do clearances start getting put through and what’s the link to where they become available?
Clubs have been able to register and put in clearances for the last month but that window of opportunity is closed now and wont be opening again until the 1st feb 2018 from my understanding. Cant comment on any recruitment news as i might be accused of participating in spreading rumors again

Clubs have been able to register and put in clearances for the last month but that window of opportunity is closed now and wont be opening again until the 1st feb 2018 from my understanding. Cant comment on any recruitment news as i might be accused of participating in spreading rumors again
How are your boys going Flying Eagle, started training?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back