QFA Div 2 North

Jun 27, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
If this is about the bloke who was left out of the ressies and is headed to the Swans, firstly calling him a “key defender” is pretty funny, and secondly this bloke had played at 3 clubs before round 6 last year. Redcliffe will get through this tough time I’m sure....

Now at his 10th club QFA club

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
some defining games this week Kedron v Carrara, Wynnum v Redcliffe and either Pine Rivers or the Roosters will break their duck and get a win this week.

MouthOfTheSouth

Draftee
May 10, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Time for the poison pen and kiss of death.
Ipswich v Hinterland......Ipswich to play tough and go for the head at home and stamp themselves as the scariest side in Div 3. Something Flying couldnt do as a player himself. Hinterland should stay at home and save on injuries. Eagles by 100
Kedron v Carrara.....Last years easybeats look comfortable in Div 3 where they belong. Played with white feathers and yellow across the heart last season. Carrara sacked one big mouth after a month and replaced him with another. Templer to kick 1 if he is lucky. Kedron by 47
Pine Rivers v Chickens.....Big percentage booster for swans at the expense of a club who should be playing Under 11s where they would compete quite well. Chickens to be the first side to forfeit this year. Swans by 71
Wynnum vs Redcliffe......Vikings play with great structure and stamp themselves as a contender for the crown. Redcliffe to stack the seniors after some worrying signs about the yellow appearing near the heart. Vikings by 27

winkipop

Debutant
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Time for the poison pen and kiss of death.
Ipswich v Hinterland......Ipswich to play tough and go for the head at home and stamp themselves as the scariest side in Div 3. Something Flying couldnt do as a player himself. Hinterland should stay at home and save on injuries. Eagles by 100
Kedron v Carrara.....Last years easybeats look comfortable in Div 3 where they belong. Played with white feathers and yellow across the heart last season. Carrara sacked one big mouth after a month and replaced him with another. Templer to kick 1 if he is lucky. Kedron by 47
Pine Rivers v Chickens.....Big percentage booster for swans at the expense of a club who should be playing Under 11s where they would compete quite well. Chickens to be the first side to forfeit this year. Swans by 71
Wynnum vs Redcliffe......Vikings play with great structure and stamp themselves as a contender for the crown. Redcliffe to stack the seniors after some worrying signs about the yellow appearing near the heart. Vikings by 27

what a tosser

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big upset at kedron today

Great win by Nicko and the Saints. Maybe Kedron not as dominant as everyone thought. Was their first game against a top 4 team and came up short.

Obviously Plugger doing a great job at Wynnum with no key signings of note just working with local talent. Been a long time the Vikings would be sitting on top 5-0 at the start of a season.

Looks like a very even competition where injuries will probably hold the key to who keeps their list in tact and who has solid depth.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Nambour Hinterland given up and stacking the two’s?
They had 2-3 players double up but they definitely looked quite confident when they arrived yesterday as you should definitely, defiantly a lot of oversized footballers running around in their 2s and only won by 2 points so if stacking their club as whole is in big trouble.
They only kicked 2 goals but the 10 points they kicked at least 5 of them should of been goals but were shocking kicks

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Great win by Nicko and the Saints. Maybe Kedron not as dominant as everyone thought. Was their first game against a top 4 team and came up short.

Obviously Plugger doing a great job at Wynnum with no key signings of note just working with local talent. Been a long time the Vikings would be sitting on top 5-0 at the start of a season.

Looks like a very even competition where injuries will probably hold the key to who keeps their list in tact and who has solid depth.
Wynnum are an awesome team. Very even accross the park and very well structured. Plugger is a super coach with a proven record,anyone who knows footy would know with Wynnum just missing finals last year would be the biggest improvers with the signing of plugger as coach this season and its no surprise they are sitting where they are well deserved and I guarantee they will even get better yet

bacon n eggs

Draftee
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They had 2-3 players double up but they definitely looked quite confident when they arrived yesterday as you should definitely, defiantly a lot of oversized footballers running around in their 2s and only won by 2 points so if stacking their club as whole is in big trouble.
They only kicked 2 goals but the 10 points they kicked at least 5 of them should of been goals but were shocking kicks

I went to watch the seniors match and saw the second half of ressies.

Nambour had quite a few decent players playing reserve grade. At least 7 of them should have been in their senior team.

They had plenty of old, fat blokes in the seniors who should have been in the twos. Hopefully I’m wrong but from what I saw, they went to Ippy happy to lose seniors for a win in the twos. A bit like what Redcliffe are known to do haha.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Big upset at kedron today
A game that didn't reach any heights that's for sure.
Basic errors and poor skills by both sides.
Don't get me wrong Carrara deserved to win they were the better side all day.
Will be a real challenge for lions this weekend wynumm definitely in form.
Might answer a few questions with the result.
Did kedron have a bad day or have they had the luck of the draw so far.
Will probably give a better idea where things are.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
A game that didn't reach any heights that's for sure.
Basic errors and poor skills by both sides.
Don't get me wrong Carrara deserved to win they were the better side all day.
Will be a real challenge for lions this weekend wynumm definitely in form.
Might answer a few questions with the result.
Did kedron have a bad day or have they had the luck of the draw so far.
Will probably give a better idea where things are.
Kedron had 8 outs from previous round which included Westbrook-McIntyre the leading goal kicker, taking nothing away from Carrara who have some serious top end talent on a great win, Kedron will bounce back strong from their first loss.

redbackpride

Debutant
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nambour Hinterland given up and stacking the two’s?
You know l thought the only people who made stuipd comments about this sport worked in Yeronga

You have gone from defending the eagles finals side a few years ago to attacking Carrara for stacking and now Hinterland.

Is it only allowed out west

Game l had on Saturday had 18 senior players from 1958

Last edited:

redbackpride

Debutant
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I went to watch the seniors match and saw the second half of ressies.

Nambour had quite a few decent players playing reserve grade. At least 7 of them should have been in their senior team.

They had plenty of old, fat blokes in the seniors who should have been in the twos. Hopefully I’m wrong but from what I saw, they went to Ippy happy to lose seniors for a win in the twos. A bit like what Redcliffe are known to do haha.
Also heard Griffth Moorooka stacked their lady’s side with 22 women on Saturday night and only lost by 3 points.

Sounds like to me your not giving Kim any credit for the great job he has done for the past year and a bit.
Can honestly tell you your claims a long way of the mark and as for the fat guys in the seniors theirs 5 McDonald’s drive thrus between hinterland and Ipswich

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kedron had 8 outs from previous round which included Westbrook-McIntyre the leading goal kicker, taking nothing away from Carrara who have some serious top end talent on a great win, Kedron will bounce back strong from their first loss.
You definitely learn a lot about yourself when you lose.
But excuses are like arseholes.
Everybody has one but some are bigger than others.
It will be a test of all players this week and in my opinion that's a good thing.
Need to stop giving away 50s.
It proved very costly this week resulting in 4 goals.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast

had one lad playing who I notice got best who must have missed a game in Maroochydore's 2's. Cant exactly parachute a bloke into your seniors who has never trained there. The senior coach played, a couple of others that are U18. Gee whiz if that's stacking a 2's side though then god help Ipswich 2's!!

Wild buck453247

Draftee
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can assure all of you. Hinterland are not stacking their twos. We had a few returning "senior level" players and obviously not everyone can get a run in the seniors for just showing up on the day. If you compare team lists from previous matches you can see the seniors are very much the same team. A couple of players from the wide bay league and the Friday night comp are great ins for us also. Only player in the twos that 100% should have been in the ones was Bray who has had a dodgy knee the last few years and has missed a lot of football. Other then those 3 players the team is the same every week.

#39gun

Rookie
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whats everyones predictions for the round? Mine are carrara to beat pine rivers by 10 goals, kedron to knock wynnum off by 5 goals, hinterland to win by 5 points against moorooka and ipswich to beat Redcliffe by 6 goals.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Whats everyones predictions for the round? Mine are carrara to beat pine rivers by 10 goals, kedron to knock wynnum off by 5 goals, hinterland to win by 5 points against moorooka and ipswich to beat Redcliffe by 6 goals.
Some tough games this weekend by the looks of it

MouthOfTheSouth

Draftee
May 10, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Poison Pen Returns
Carrara v Pine Rivers......Carrara will continue this week with a demolition job on the swans at home. NP wont need that megaphone mouth of his this week and will take a leaf out of Flyings coaching manual and have a snooze after half time. Swans back to earth after the game of the season. Carrara by 60
Kedron v Wynnum.....Kedron lucky last week to be as close on the scoreboard as they were. Had the living s**t scared out of them and were soft and intimidated by a the saints outfit determined to make thenm look soft at home. Vikings continue on their merry way and show what a class out fit they are. Battle of skills and structure in this one with Kedron still bruised and battered. Wynnum by 21
Moorooka v Hinterland......Word out of chicken camp is they are primed for a win agains the Sunshine Coast ladies team. Moorooka by 11
Redcliffe v Ipswich......Flying is flying after a massive win last week against a womens team. Should have won by 300 and word out of the game is that the blues were scared after 1/4 time by the physical nature of eagles game. Tigers will fall to a tough outfit. Ipswich by 30

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Poison Pen Returns
Carrara v Pine Rivers......Carrara will continue this week with a demolition job on the swans at home. NP wont need that megaphone mouth of his this week and will take a leaf out of Flyings coaching manual and have a snooze after half time. Swans back to earth after the game of the season. Carrara by 60
Kedron v Wynnum.....Kedron lucky last week to be as close on the scoreboard as they were. Had the living s**t scared out of them and were soft and intimidated by a the saints outfit determined to make thenm look soft at home. Vikings continue on their merry way and show what a class out fit they are. Battle of skills and structure in this one with Kedron still bruised and battered. Wynnum by 21
Moorooka v Hinterland......Word out of chicken camp is they are primed for a win agains the Sunshine Coast ladies team. Moorooka by 11
Redcliffe v Ipswich......Flying is flying after a massive win last week against a womens team. Should have won by 300 and word out of the game is that the blues were scared after 1/4 time by the physical nature of eagles game. Tigers will fall to a tough outfit. Ipswich by 30
So I take it by your post you were at the Kedron game.

Back