QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Northside Nomad

Debutant
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I don’t have much choice coming to selections this week as I don’t like Carrara or the s**t birds but Carrara will romp it in over the next few weeks they don’t have a choice the money Their coach is paying their so called big names is totally ******* crazy anything less than a flag will be a fail and as for the s**t birds they are known to be chokers when the going gets tough the boys there can’t handle pressure as we could all see from Saturdays results they have no one who will stand up unlikeCarrara they have at least half a dozen players that will rip this game wide open again.

And as for the coaches merry go around I hear Redcliff will not reappoint their senior coach and pinerivers won’t either , Carrara to keep there’s as he bank rolls them and the so called coach at the eagles has already been given his marching orders at the end of the season and my beloved roosters hopfully appoints Occy or my mate muzza

I heard something similar in regards to Redcliffe and Pine Rivers. Also heard Moreton Bay coach on the way out. Aspley div 1 too. Plenty of opportunities for aspiring coaches on this side of town in 2019.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kedron as predicted over Wynnum
Ipswich into GF, Kedron v Carrara at Grange next week.
Tipping Ippy v Kedron big dance
Why doesn’t Carrara get home final?
Convincing win to Eagles today, will be hard to knock off in two weeks.
Where is granny played?

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why doesn’t Carrara get home final?
Convincing win to Eagles today, will be hard to knock off in two weeks.
Where is granny played?
All preliminary finals are on a neutral ground .
Kedron will give Carrara a run for there money next week.
But I agree whoever wins will have to be at thier very best to beat Ipswich.
Ipswich with the week off will rested and ready.
I'm a firm believer a week of before a granny is such an advantage in mind body and prep.
In the ressies kedron straight through with a good win over Redcliffe .
Watched Ipswich ressies and they gave wynumm a touch up.
Will be a cracker of a game.
Can Redcliffe get to the granny the hard way.
If they do can the old bodies back up and still have an impact.
If kedron ones win every player is avaliable for selection.
If they lose at least four will drop back for the gf.
Puts kedron ressies in a very nice position.
I think the theory of stacking redcilffe has well and truly been put to rest.
Interesting year but I think it's playing out as expected.

BlackGun1

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hoping to get down and watch Kedron Carrara next week. Carrara's star power vs. Kedron's depth and teamwork. Will be 5 points in it either side.

#39gun

Rookie
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Heard a whisper after the game yesterday that the game definitely wont be at carrara, due to the fact that renovations have started on their clubrooms in the past week. Also heard that the game will be down the gold coast somewhere. Should be a good game, few sore bodies for carrara getting around at the end of the game.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure Grange is 'neutral' between Kedron and Cararra is it??

I thought that was the rule about prelims as well, but i note Maroochy host Jimboomba next Friday night in prelim. The redback boys will need to knock off work at midday!
Grange is neutral kedron don't train or play there.
Having said that I can walk to grange quicker than I can walk to kedron.
Redbacks will need to take the day off to make that game on time.
I thought maroochy played all home games on a Saturday .
Congrats on getting to the big dance again.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
All preliminary finals are on a neutral ground .
Kedron will give Carrara a run for there money next week.
But I agree whoever wins will have to be at thier very best to beat Ipswich.
Ipswich with the week off will rested and ready.
I'm a firm believer a week of before a granny is such an advantage in mind body and prep.
In the ressies kedron straight through with a good win over Redcliffe .
Watched Ipswich ressies and they gave wynumm a touch up.
Will be a cracker of a game.
Can Redcliffe get to the granny the hard way.
If they do can the old bodies back up and still have an impact.
If kedron ones win every player is avaliable for selection.
If they lose at least four will drop back for the gf.
Puts kedron ressies in a very nice position.
I think the theory of stacking redcilffe has well and truly been put to rest.
Interesting year but I think it's playing out as expected.
You have your wires crossed mate eg. If we lost yesterday the preliminary final would be at our ground as the highest ranked team,so now Carrara is the higher ranked team between them and you they will either play on their ground and if their ground for some reason not deemed upto finals standard I still imagine they would be still playing somewhere down the coast

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You have your wires crossed mate eg. If we lost yesterday the preliminary final would be at our ground as the highest ranked team,so now Carrara is the higher ranked team between them and you they will either play on their ground and if their ground for some reason not deemed upto finals standard I still imagine they would be still playing somewhere down the coast
Or have the rules changed.
Was always told prelims were on neutral grounds.
It's been that way for a long time.
Other than zillmere in the Fridaynite comp and now maroochy we have had to play away in previous years.
It also goes to which clubs put their hand up to host finals.
Not sure if aflq still charge clubs to host but this might have changed as yourself and wynumm didn't have a gate.
You would know the answer to that.
Care t o fill us in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Or have the rules changed.
Was always told prelims were on neutral grounds.
It's been that way for a long time.
Other than zillmere in the Fridaynite comp and now maroochy we have had to play away in previous years.
It also goes to which clubs put their hand up to host finals.
Not sure if aflq still charge clubs to host but this might have changed as yourself and wynumm didn't have a gate.
You would know the answer to that.
Care t o fill us in.
It was upto us if we wanted to charge but we chose not too as we knew we would make a lot of money through our canteen and bar not sure with Wynnum tho might of done the same as us

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The GF is at Wilston Grange, Carrara should have a crack on a real oval in the prelim first to see if they can handle it.
Totally agree they should request grange so they get a feel for the ground.
My decision has nothing to do with how close I live to the ground .

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I heard something similar in regards to Redcliffe and Pine Rivers. Also heard Moreton Bay coach on the way out. Aspley div 1 too. Plenty of opportunities for aspiring coaches on this side of town in 2019.

Think Brett might be taking up a role with the Hornets NEAFL side which would be great for him.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Certainly neutral ground for preliminaries in Div 1 but that may be because it is a 4 week finals series being a final 5. Not sure about div 2.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Certainly neutral ground for preliminaries in Div 1 but that may be because it is a 4 week finals series being a final 5. Not sure about div 2.

All community preliminary finals are at highest ranked teams home venue or obviously venue of their choice I would think.

I know that is what is happening in Div 2 and was same for all Community Footy except for GF's.

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
would also need to meet some minimum standards in terms of facilities and surface condition I would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back