QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So if the blokes playing at Carrara are simply “community footy heroes who can’t cut it at higher levels”

What that say about the “guys who have achieved a bit at senior level” who are now playing “community” football for Ipswich in div 3?

Nothing, I just found the suggestion that they have the 4 biggest names in Div 3 pretty amusing. Even more amusing that Ipswich don't have a single Top 10 player in their side.

I don't know anything about Jahn, but I'd think 100 Home & Away goals gets him in the Top 10. Nick Barling having played at Southport, Surfers, Sherwood and also AA U/18s player probably goes ok too. Boston who played QAFL finals last year with Broady, Brick with multiple league medals etc etc

Difference is probably more that Ipswich hasn't just gone and grabbed the known QLD footy mercenaries who have bounced around Div 2 and 3 to the highest bidder, maybe that means they're not 'big names' as a result..? :rolleyes:

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Nothing, I just found the suggestion that they have the 4 biggest names in Div 3 pretty amusing. Even more amusing that Ipswich don't have a single Top 10 player in their side.

I don't know anything about Jahn, but I'd think 100 Home & Away goals gets him in the Top 10. Nick Barling having played at Southport, Surfers, Sherwood and also AA U/18s player probably goes ok too. Boston who played QAFL finals last year with Broady, Brick with multiple league medals etc etc

Difference is probably more that Ipswich hasn't just gone and grabbed the known QLD footy mercenaries who have bounced around Div 2 and 3 to the highest bidder, maybe that means they're not 'big names' as a result..? :rolleyes:

The ‘amusing’ thing is you are arguing with Lucky Ducky or whatever nonsense name he has given himself, when he regularly posts anything he can think of the slag off Ipswich, generally without any common sense. What is it they say about those who argue with idiots?

therunningman

Debutant
Feb 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

Don’t deflate the man hoes ego’s please, $ talks

Jubair

Club Legend
Oct 27, 2004
The Gabbatoire
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you have a look at Lucky Ducky's past posts dating back a couple of years, I think he is part of the Ipswich circle with the amount of posts he has made in the past specifically about them. Majority were the exact opposite (positive posts) to what he posts these days about them.
Probably also notice that no one who is openly associated with Ipswich here ever says anything back to him. Not saying they are in it together but Lucky Ducky is probably having a laugh out of all of this.

ThrowingChat

Draftee
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you have a look at Lucky Ducky's past posts dating back a couple of years, I think he is part of the Ipswich circle with the amount of posts he has made in the past specifically about them. Majority were the exact opposite (positive posts) to what he posts these days about them.
Probably also notice that no one who is openly associated with Ipswich here ever says anything back to him. Not saying they are in it together but Lucky Ducky is probably having a laugh out of all of this.

I think most are having a laugh out of all the dribble on here!

Guess I will add to it. My money is on Ipswich to win on a real field and Carrara's apparent "big name" goal kicker left feeling happy he doesn't have to go to yet another new club because him and his whinging mates will be staying put in Div 3.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think most are having a laugh out of all the dribble on here!

Guess I will add to it. My money is on Ipswich to win on a real field and Carrara's apparent "big name" goal kicker left feeling happy he doesn't have to go to yet another new club because him and his whinging mates will be staying put in Div 3.

Good luck to Kim and Nicko and their respective clubs on the weekend. Obviously best 2 Teams have made it to the big dance.

Both teams recruited well in off season hence the reason they are the last two standing.

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
haha, there are guys at Ipswich that have played at a higher level than anyone at Cararra.

Cararra full of community footy heroes who can't cut it at higher levels. Ipswich has got guys that have actually achieved a bit at senior level (proper senior level, not park footy)

“community footy heroes” - 1

“guys that have actually achieved a bit at senior level” - ZERO

But of a fizzer in the end. Ipswich just seemed to lack and kind of run and no winners forward of Centre. Lopez at FB is so far above this division it's not funny.

Ipswich coach very humble in defeat and gained a lot of respect with his post game speech.

I have to ask though.

You have all year to plan against a FF that has dominated you every game and enter a GF with no plan B.

Temps what a gun.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Congratulations to Carrara, mighty effort from having to rebuild list after a mass walk out last season. Well coached by NP, had all the moves, built them up throughout the season and had them primed at the right time and how good was Templer on the day. The guy cops a bit of s**t but surely silenced a few critics with yesterday’s efforts.
Congratulations to the grey nomads at Redcliffe, life really does start at 40 for some, they have had an amazing run of success as a group.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Congratulations to Carrara, mighty effort from having to rebuild list after a mass walk out last season. Well coached by NP, had all the moves, built them up throughout the season and had them primed at the right time and how good was Templer on the day. The guy cops a bit of s**t but surely silenced a few critics with yesterday’s efforts.
Congratulations to the grey nomads at Redcliffe, life really does start at 40 for some, they have had an amazing run of success as a group.

Well done Nicko, Mitchy and Jordy. Great effort to come back the hard way.

Enjoy the drink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congrats to all the gf winners and well done to all those clubs that struggled to put two sides on the paddock each week.
Say what you want about templer but I'd have him in my side any day.
You need to have a good midfield to get supply but the bloke is a top quality finisher.
Let the player roundabout and coaching rumors begin.

Gone Akers

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
So jindalee are in next year . Would be good if another club tries to come up to make his a 10 club comp. I thought the jags may have tried for a flag first but good on em for having a crack! Should be a good comp not having to drive down the coast now. Ha ha.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
So jindalee are in next year . Would be good if another club tries to come up to make his a 10 club comp. I thought the jags may have tried for a flag first but good on em for having a crack! Should be a good comp not having to drive down the coast now. Ha ha.
I Believe Gympie Cats want to come in not sure if that’s a good or a bad idea, I think if I remember correctly last time they were in div 3 they only lasted a year because they couldn’t keep their numbers and the ressies had to fold.

Also I was at the meeting last year when Byron Bay,Tweed,Ballina and Lismore were being discussed about coming into div 3, they failed to gain entry but aflq did say they would revisit that situation at the end of the 2018 season so who knows if there will be just 1 new team or multiple new teams time will tell.

Gone Akers

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I Believe Gympie Cats want to come in not sure if that’s a good or a bad idea, I think if I remember correctly last time they were in div 3 they only lasted a year because they couldn’t keep their numbers and the ressies had to fold.

Also I was at the meeting last year when Byron Bay,Tweed,Ballina and Lismore were being discussed about coming into div 3, they failed to gain entry but aflq did say they would revisit that situation at the end of the 2018 season so who knows if there will be just 1 new team or multiple new teams time will tell.
I’m sure hinterland would love to drive to Byron !

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

mid range Div 5 side going to Div 3. Interesting call.

Probably plan on raiding Kenmore and Magpie juniors

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I read they had 42 players on list this season. Not enough for 2 sides, need about another 15 to ensure blokes don't double up but much better playing div 3 than div 4 or 5 imo, esp for juniors coming thru. Fwd thinking I reckon.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back