QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

He's actually a really good umpire, fair and entertaining IMO
He just needs to stay out of scuffles when his son is involved, which I am sure would be hard. Can't have umpires getting involved in altercations.

Absolutely, can't have someone officiating a match where they can't keep their helicopter response in check. Looks bad on several fronts.

Not sure if the same guy, but there were posts a while back in relation to some questionable behaviour from umpires from Hinterland. Maybe had something to do with the ban being handed down.

Having never had Bucko, redbackpride is comfortably the best club umpire I've had and better than most of the official umpires.

I heard the comment directed at Longy on Friday and it was remarkable how the mood changed. We were getting a pretty good run up until that point which had made Longy understandably 'vocal' then when old mate came out with that 'comment' and realised he probably shouldn't have said it, it was heavily weighed the other way!

That's life. Div 4 skills, Div 4 umpiring.

Having never had Bucko, redbackpride is comfortably the best club umpire I've had and better than most of the official umpires.

I heard the comment directed at Longy on Friday and it was remarkable how the mood changed. We were getting a pretty good run up until that point which had made Longy understandably 'vocal' then when old mate came out with that 'comment' and realised he probably shouldn't have said it, it was heavily weighed the other way!

Well if you need an umpire on friday nite let me know.
Happy to help.
Saturday's are full.

It was certainly a strange night with the umpires. Some rules applied I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of (you can’t kick the ball in after a point if a player is bent over winded inside the 50?), and after the “comment” one umpire certainly seemed to be less inclined to make as many calls in the second half.

As you say, it’s div 4 so we all know we aren’t getting afl level umpires. We have had a few club umpires this year which haven’t been flash but none of the games we have lost or won have been because of the umps.

Be interesting if I asked an umpire to “suck me” what colour card I’d get and how many weeks...

It was certainly a strange night with the umpires. Some rules applied I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of (you can’t kick the ball in after a point if a player is bent over winded inside the 50?), and after the “comment” one umpire certainly seemed to be less inclined to make as many calls in the second half.

As you say, it’s div 4 so we all know we aren’t getting afl level umpires. We have had a few club umpires this year which haven’t been flash but none of the games we have lost or won have been because of the umps.

Be interesting if I asked an umpire to “suck me” what colour card I’d get and how many weeks...
Because it's Friday nite one would think you'd get a half decent umpries.
Even I could do two games a day apart.
If you said it to me I'd probably just give you a solid warning.
Do it again and I would yellow you.
Having said that I've never pulled a card out yet.
Have you seen how much paper work is involved.

The best one was when an umpire called play on, then paid 50 for coming into protected area. When the player said 'you called play on' he replied 'yeah, but even if I've called play on you can't come from that angle"

That's a new one :huh:
Mate a bloke on his knees and this one.
Then asking longy to suck him.
I've played coached and umpired footy for 47 years and that's a new one for me as well.
We certainly are in a sad state if this is what we are dishing up.
I feel for the players.
How could you not give him a spray for that.
When I was playing I certainly would have received a fine for giving it to him.
It would have been worth it.

Wynnum had no chance Saturday my spies tell me that the umpires totally touched them up couldn’t do anything with out being penalised.
And as for my beloved roosters I thinking giving us a coach who is barely out of his nappies is definitely pointing us the wrong direction I know most of the boys want Pearson back
Your beloved roosters will bounce back ,
Hang in there mate , and on the umpires they have always been inconsistent at this level

NP proving he’s got the moves, Carrara knocking of Ipswich and Kedron in last month with a narrow loss to Wynnum the Saints now must be rated a good as chance as any team In division 3

NP proving he’s got the moves, Carrara knocking of Ipswich and Kedron in last month with a narrow loss to Wynnum the Saints now must be rated a good as chance as any team In division 3

I've seen all teams play and as I said anyone of the top four could win it.
Each has thier strengths and weaknesses and good coaching and identification early in the game would go a long way to winning.
All sides have two or three key players and shutting them down would be a priority of mine.
Then hopefully your next tier players stand up.
Its a waiting game untill finals and I'm sure all would be working on thier game plan.
Well that's my opinion but others may have a different idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

top three level on points, one game between top and 5th. Very even top 5, will be interesting second half of season with only a final 4
Just a quick look at the draw and Redcliffe probably drop next two and the four will be set.

Just a quick look at the draw and Redcliffe probably drop next two and the four will be set.
Eagles will drop their second in a row and I will be proven right they are overrated just luck has got them to where they are very little quality in the team and over performed last year

Mudsticks your a flog only a week ago you were predicting somthing different, np has nothing like his brother and he was up against another s**t coach

I've seen all teams play and as I said anyone of the top four could win it.
Each has thier strengths and weaknesses and good coaching and identification early in the game would go a long way to winning.
All sides have two or three key players and shutting them down would be a priority of mine.
Then hopefully your next tier players stand up.
Its a waiting game untill finals and I'm sure all would be working on thier game plan.
Well that's my opinion but others may have a different idea.
id like to know what strengths you think Carrara and the eagles have. Carrara will be broke by the end of the year if they are not already and the eagles will be looking for a new coach

Eagles will drop their second in a row this weekend I'm guessing you mean dropping their 2nd win against the chooks by over 20 goals this season

Eagles will drop their second in a row and I will be proven right they are overrated just luck has got them to where they are very little quality in the team and over performed last year
They have Moorooka Pine and hinterland for there next three.
Two at home.
If your right you will go down as the greatest tipstar in history.
Now as for strengths and weekness.
I'll leave that up to others to work out.
Don't want to make it too easy for everyone.

Who is the roosters coach ?
And is he coaching them next year also .

Can wynnum win the flag ?
The Roosters coach is a young fella I think his name is Luke Galah. You would have to think he was in it for the long haul, the job was never going to be a quick fix.

Wynnum has a great coach in Sloaney with a proven record they have also beaten every team bar Kedron can’t see why not every team in the top 4 are in with a great chance, comes down to list management, injuries and who turns up on the day switched on

The Roosters coach is a young fella I think his name is Luke Galah. You would have to think he was in it for the long haul, the job was never going to be a quick fix.

Wynnum has a great coach in Sloaney with a proven record they have also beaten every team bar Kedron can’t see why not every team in the top 4 are in with a great chance, comes down to list management, injuries and who turns up on the day switched on

Think ladder position st seasons end will play a big part. Home finals will be huge advantage the first week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back