QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, top 4 locked in I agree, Question who of the top four can recruit and improve to the level required to be competitive in Division 2 next season if they win the Division 3 flag this year. Could be fatal for the Premiers, Kedron or Ipswich maybe could go up, not sure about the other two.

Be interesting to know how much recruitment Viccy Point did from last year to this year after being promoted. They are being very competitive in Div2 at present so there is a model for other clubs to follow.

Or was the Viccy Point of last year a lot better than Div 3 top teams this year?

I reckon they went backwards. Lost the mercenary and a couple of others.

They were head and shoulders ahead of everyone in Div 3 last year. At Div 2/3 level, it only takes 2 or 3 guns to make a massive difference.

Once you get up around Div 1 and QAFL, 2 or 3 players can't make an impact in a 22 that isn't solid from 1-22.

Would have thought Wynnum well equipped to go up, many good ex Wynnum players are playing at a higher level elsewhere and could be lured back.

Not sure its the same with the other 3 sides.
I will probably cop some flack over this from the guys on here but I am confident with the team we have at the moment we would be really confident that we would be sitting somewhere between 5-8,there are a lot of guys on here that have opinions on the difference between div2 and div3 but how many of you guys actually watch our games? Have you actually looked at our lists and broke it right down player by player? But if you actually did this you would see there definitely some quality running around especially through the top 4 clubs in Div3, I can’t speak for other teams but I know we have numerous players that have played div 2, we have 3-4 players that have played qafl seniors last year 2 of them only 19 played seniors at Broadbeach with 1 nominated as qafl rising star and a few others that have played in the top leagues in the NT and Tas and some from north qld leagues. If you actually studied our list compared to last year we have only 10 GF players left playing in our seniors and another 6 in our ressies Yes I understand there would be a bit of a step up to div 2 but I’m confident we could finish somewhere between 5-8 and what ever happens this year I can guarantee you that we will be just like everyone else and be aggressive again in our recruiting for 2019 as well. I’m pretty sure the other top3 sides in div3 would be really competitive as they have quality as well, but I do agree that there is a big difference from the top5 in div3 to the bottom 3

I will probably cop some flack over this from the guys on here but I am confident with the team we have at the moment we would be really confident that we would be sitting somewhere between 5-8,there are a lot of guys on here that have opinions on the difference between div2 and div3 but how many of you guys actually watch our games? Have you actually looked at our lists and broke it right down player by player? But if you actually did this you would see there definitely some quality running around especially through the top 4 clubs in Div3, I can’t speak for other teams but I know we have numerous players that have played div 2, we have 3-4 players that have played qafl seniors last year 2 of them only 19 played seniors at Broadbeach with 1 nominated as qafl rising star and a few others that have played in the top leagues in the NT and Tas and some from north qld leagues. If you actually studied our list compared to last year we have only 10 GF players left playing in our seniors and another 6 in our ressies Yes I understand there would be a bit of a step up to div 2 but I’m confident we could finish somewhere between 5-8 and what ever happens this year I can guarantee you that we will be just like everyone else and be aggressive again in our recruiting for 2019 as well. I’m pretty sure the other top3 sides in div3 would be really competitive as they have quality as well, but I do agree that there is a big difference from the top5 in div3 to the bottom 3
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The truth is nobody knows thier list better than the club itself at this level.
You really did a number on Redcliffe today.
You play well on your own deck.

The truth is nobody knows thier list better than the club itself at this level.
You really did a number on Redcliffe today.
You play well on your own deck.

Buck, what's the go with your boys mate? Another loss today?

Looking like being in a knockout final the way they are going mate?

Buck, what's the go with your boys mate? Another loss today?

Looking like being in a knockout final the way they are going mate?
Not playing four quarters mate.
Having said that lots of blokes out in the last two weeks.
The week off could be a real help.
But they will need to lift from here on end if they are to get the job done.
Will test the character of the group.

No surprise Redcliffe got done. Starting to look towards qualifying some for reserves based on some senior selections.
No suprise youve come up with another uneducated, dumb post! Go through the list of reserves players for Redcliffe today mate, not one of them dropped down to qualify. Few "reserves" players in the a grade today due to alot of injury and unavailability. Not sure what your issue with Redcliffe is mate, but you come out with some silly stuff!

Last edited:
Not playing four quarters mate.
Having said that lots of blokes out in the last two weeks.
The week off could be a real help.
But they will need to lift from here on end if they are to get the job done.
Will test the character of the group.

Still plenty to play out by the looks in that Div. injuries may play a big part as doesn't appear much between top 4 sides.

Went and watch the eagles put on an absolute clinic
Today very impressive coach speaks well .
Think they are a certain to attend the grandfinal.

Looking at other results looks like the carrara didn't have all there own way against swans .

Wynnum got the job done .

And roosters deplorable season kept coming
Any word on what has happened in the last 3 years
Down at the pen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went and watch the eagles put on an absolute clinic
Today very impressive coach speaks well .
Think they are a certain to attend the grandfinal.

Looking at other results looks like the carrara didn't have all there own way against swans .

Wynnum got the job done .

And roosters deplorable season kept coming
Any word on what has happened in the last 3 years
Down at the pen.
Did you compile a report for your brother Tim?

No surprise Redcliffe got done. Starting to look towards qualifying some for reserves based on some senior selections.
Redcliffe won’t get better by playing grandpa, quality older players in twos, no stacking going on there, for f sake drop that theory. If young bloke get pumped by old guys learn from it, stop making excuses

Did you compile a report for your brother Tim?
My brother Tim ?, neither of my brothers are Tim
But always liked the name lol . What game did you watch this week legend? Thought all points were pretty good ones , sorry if it hurt your feeling mate
Please correct any of you disagree

This weeks break has come at the right time for a few clubs with injuries, big last three rounds coming up to shape the top 4

A defining week ahead for the kedron lads I think.
Last real hit out before finals.
I assume Ipswich want another top four scalp .
Should be a great game as both teams have a point to prove.
Can Ipswich cement themselves as favorites or hopefully kedron get back on track.

A defining week ahead for the kedron lads I think.
Last real hit out before finals.
I assume Ipswich want another top four scalp .
Should be a great game as both teams have a point to prove.
Can Ipswich cement themselves as favorites or hopefully kedron get back on track.
Carrara vs wynnum also a massive game this week. Think the saints might be too strong at home.
Kedron vs ipswich should be a cracker, big few weeks for the top 4. Hopefully teams can get out of these games injury free

Carrara vs wynnum also a massive game this week. Think the saints might be too strong at home.
Kedron vs ipswich should be a cracker, big few weeks for the top 4. Hopefully teams can get out of these games injury free
Carrara haven't lost at home this season, you'd expect them to win again this week, the current form team of the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back