QFA Div 2 North

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Bears a bit of significance when its Daniel Duffield who has won multiple league medals and probably the best player in this comp....no different if your mob lost Brick for a long period of time.
You wouldn’t know if Brick or any of our key players are out unless you seen our team sheet as we don’t talk about who’s out we just get on with the job no excuses wether we win or lose.

I do agree Duffield is quality

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
You wouldn’t know if Brick or any of our key players are out unless you seen our team sheet as we don’t talk about who’s out we just get on with the job no excuses wether we win or lose.

I do agree Duffield is quality
See gympie sacked their coach today very ordinary decision backed a couple of players over their coach b back in wide bay next year I reckon

Still Me

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kedron won’t even come close, let’s be real here

A bit biased mate. Kedron haven’t played anyone good apart from MB. And maybe moorooka. But still. I’m predicting wynumm by 7-10 goals

I think Plugger and his coaching staff and the committee are all on the same page at Wynnum and the on field results are looking after themselves.

They are kicking goals on and off field and good luck to them. People that work hard on their club deserve every success they get.

Will take a very well drilled team to beat them. No disrespect to anyone in Div 3 but I think Plugger is miles ahead of most of the coaches at that level.

That's only my opinion and no disrespect to the other coaches as some are still learning the caper or don't have the support all heading in one direction.

Qld footy fan

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think Plugger and his coaching staff and the committee are all on the same page at Wynnum and the on field results are looking after themselves.

They are kicking goals on and off field and good luck to them. People that work hard on their club deserve every success they get.

Will take a very well drilled team to beat them. No disrespect to anyone in Div 3 but I think Plugger is miles ahead of most of the coaches at that level.

That's only my opinion and no disrespect to the other coaches as some are still learning the caper or don't have the support all heading in one direction.
last time he was so FAR ahead they folded ?

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

He might be doing a good job but that is a huge call.
If you have quality cattle then the job becomes easier at this level.
With a lot of decent players you can focus on structures and game play.
I'd say a few coaches are doing a fine job.
Lifting the standard and expectations of the squad they have.
Coaching a team that doesn't have the quality of players of some others and still getting results rates highly in my book.
On the flip side if you have a quality list and don't get the results then your failing.
I suppose it's all about your point of view.

The3peatkings

Rookie
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
See gympie sacked their coach today very ordinary decision backed a couple of players over their coach b back in wide bay next year I reckon

Generally there are deeper issues when a coach loses his job at this level. Maybe they felt they have the talent to be winning but the coaches gamestyle and rotations weren’t what they were after? Sacking their coach looks terrible but I don’t think losing their coach will put them back to wide bay next year.

OldHack

Rookie
Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hinterlands ground is heavy, wet and muddy. Not sure how MB will adapt to the conditions especially if they try to play dry weather footy at the swamp.

Still Me

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Coaching a team that doesn't have the quality of players of some others and still getting results rates highly in my book.
On the flip side if you have a quality list and don't get the results then your failing.
Hear what you are saying Out, but not sure Wynnum have recruited or targeted any recruitment of any significance. Think most of them have walked in off street or gone there because of atmosphere coach has provided.

Just think looking from the outside Wynnum have done a good job off field and on and coach has played big part in that.

Have seen coaches destroy clubs very easily. As for blaming Plugger for Suns issue he he had already told them after they won Flag he was having a spell and one of the players was already appointed.

Think committee was major issue there as money was major problems from what I was told.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hear what you are saying Out, but not sure Wynnum have recruited or targeted any recruitment of any significance. Think most of them have walked in off street or gone there because of atmosphere coach has provided.

Just think looking from the outside Wynnum have done a good job off field and on and coach has played big part in that.

Have seen coaches destroy clubs very easily. As for blaming Plugger for Suns issue he he had already told them after they won Flag he was having a spell and one of the players was already appointed.

Think committee was major issue there as money was major problems from what I was told.
Not saying they have.
Just it's a big call to say he's miles in front.

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not saying they have.
Just it's a big call to say he's miles in front.
Kym at Ipswich is a great coach and is as hardworking and as passionate as you get, Tommy at the Roosters is first Division premiership coach, Double DD knows his stuff at Kedron Dave Carroll formerly Gympie has provedhis worth over long period at Noosa, Morten have a Premiership coach, been there done that , Pine Rives have Boucher who has been a champion player, know what’s happening before it’s happened, Tigers coach from good environment and will build a stronger club, not sure about Jags don’t know him,Nambour coach a competitor according to google
All quality coaches
Who have I missed?
Quality grass roots people

Last edited:

the7thranger

Senior List
Jun 17, 2011
Fairfield
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well seems they came close enough. Looks to have been a great game.
Great win today by the boys against a quality Wynnum side.

This competition at the top end is certainly going to be a ripper! I also see MB had a win - log jam at the top.

On a side note, looks like redcliffe have their mojo back. Bad luck to Gympie to lose a close one in what appeared to be a tough week.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great win today by the boys against a quality Wynnum side.

This competition at the top end is certainly going to be a ripper! I also see MB had a win - log jam at the top.

On a side note, looks like redcliffe have their mojo back. Bad luck to Gympie to lose a close one in what appeared to be a tough week.
I'd say that answers a few questions mate.
Kedrons ressies getting stronger every week also.
Still a long year but top four are sorted already I feel.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hear the format for next year may be.
Division one
Division two south might include Lismore Byron and maybe a couple of others.
Division two North
No division three.
Letting in Gympie has really opened the door.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
You have only heard part of the proposals that are being discussed, that is one option and there are 2 others on the table as well. Out of the 3 options that are being discussed I think only 2 will be seriously considered by clubs and by the way your last comment about Gympie, they are not the reason for the potential changes

The3peatkings

Rookie
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
MB vs Nambour - Have to say you saw that coming.

Kedron vs Wynnum - Result suprised me. Did not expect Kedron to win this one.

Moorooka vs Jindalee - Another obvious result. Moorooka have figured it out.

Pine Rivers vs Ipswich - Swans got closer than I thought. Hopefully crack a win soon. Face Gympie next week so who knows.

Redcliffe vs Gympie - Looks to have been a great game. Redcliffe lucky to hang on by the looks with a 9 goal last quarter from Gympie. Gympie seem to get close every week. Another I’m hopeful crack a couple of wins soon to switch up that top 5 and make the run to the finals more competitive.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
I’d say he is doing an outstanding job yeah the team he has this season is quality, the team he inherited last season didn’t make the finals in 2017 but he took them to the finals last season and with a big injury list for most of the season basically with the same list..... plugger has a knack bringing the best out of average teams and turning them into powerhouses.

I think to many people take pot shots on here without thinking or achieving anything themselves.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You have only heard part of the proposals that are being discussed, that is one option and there are 2 others on the table as well. Out of the 3 options that are being discussed I think only 2 will be seriously considered by clubs and by the way your last comment about Gympie, they are not the reason for the potential changes
So change is coming again.
What's the other two then.
No Gympie isn't the reason for change that's obvious.
But now a four hour round trip to play footy becomes acceptable.
It's like the juniors putting Toowoomba in the 16s comp.
Plenty of people happy about that.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
other 2 options are Gold Coast league,sunshine coast league and Brisbane league or keep it the way it is, personally I think it will stay the way it is I can’t see clubs like Noosa , Maroochydore Caloundra want to play against Nambour, Gympie ect and vice versa at the end of the day with what I’ve heard from people from other clubs it’s only a hand full that whinge about traveling and numbers

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
So change is coming again.
What's the other two then.
No Gympie isn't the reason for change that's obvious.
But now a four hour round trip to play footy becomes acceptable.
It's like the juniors putting Toowoomba in the 16s comp.
Plenty of people happy about that.
Noosa travel to Coolangatta which close to 6 hr round trip Maroochydore to Coolangatta is a 5 hr round trip I bet they don’t complain at the end of the day if the club has a good culture traveling shouldn’t be an issue

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Noosa travel to Coolangatta which close to 6 hr round trip Maroochydore to Coolangatta is a 5 hr round trip I bet they don’t complain at the end of the day if the club has a good culture traveling shouldn’t be an issue
Division one and qafl are standards well above two and three.
If you want to play the best you travel.
Haven't met anyone who's done the trip to Gympie who's enjoyed it or looking forward to it.
Maybe your the only one.

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Division one and qafl are standards well above two and three.
If you want to play the best you travel.
Haven't met anyone who's done the trip to Gympie who's enjoyed it or looking forward to it.
Maybe your the only one.
I didn’t say we enjoyed it we just get on with the job

Back