QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet you can use sandpaper and come back and play for your country.
Not a good look but hardly worth a life ban.
Always better to let the dust settle before you judge to harshly.
I'm sure whoever is involved are regretting their actions now.
Fair call, but put yourself in the position of all the players who may have known nothing about this. They have worked hard all year and have now been deprived of the chance to play finals. How many of these players will return next year after being betrayed?

Fair call, but put yourself in the position of all the players who may have known nothing about this. They have worked hard all year and have now been deprived of the chance to play finals. How many of these players will return next year after being betrayed?
As I've said before I wouldn't do this or try and qualify blow ins at the end of the season.
The loyal players are what keep clubs alive at this level.
If winning a game is more important than them maybe coaching isn't their calling.
A club is built on the back of the players who have committed to playing all year.
The ironic thing is they were good enough to get the club into that position over the course of the year.
But suddenly they are not now.
I would rather lose with the group who backed me.
The true test of a coach is does he have his players back.
The lads will be filthy and rightly so.
Still a better year for them but it will be remembered for one silly decision.
When are clubs going to learn that winning at all costs never works.
But building a culture where people want to be is your pathway to success.
But hey I'm old school and I still belive that you can get the best from anyone if you back them and teach them.
It's a shame that this has happened but hopefully all clubs learn from someone else's mistake.

I’d be amazed if the players didn’t know. Or at least some of them. I can’t believe that anyone thought they could get away with it atsenior level. I know it’s div 3 but if a bloke is worth putting. Bogus name in for he is probably going ok and people will be talking during and post game.

Hey guys as president of the chooks I thought I would jump on here and clear a few things up regarding last weekends game. The decision to play the 2 players in question was all mine so please leave Tommy Corless out of it regardless of your feelings towards the man, he has been amazing for our club this year. This week we were short players for a number of reasons (after all it is div 3 football and players don't always put footy first, if they did they would most likely be playing a higher div). As the Div 2 season had already ended I contacted a former roosters colt and a bloke that had played for the club for 5 years to see if he wanted to play as our ruckman was out, he said yes and asked if his best mate could play as well, also a former rooster. Now re engaging former roosters with the club has been a massive priority of mine this year, we have re engaged former players that haven't been to the club in 10 years, we have re engaged former sponsors and we have been active in our community. My priority was here was to re engage former players to show them what steps forward we have made as a club this season. I am not driven by wins and losses, its bloody div 3 footy, I am driven by our members having fun, growing as people and being competitive along the way.

I put through a permit for these players Saturday morning and it was approved. At 10am I received a call from the league saying these players weren't allowed to play because they were from a higher league. Maybe this was something I over looked however earlier this year we played against a team that fielded a QAFL player and someone that was listed in the QAFL reserves best 6 players the week earlier. Having to play reserves at noon because we were short numbers left me little time to debate the rule with the league and let our coaching staff and team manager know. We also had 2 players pull out at 11:30am from seniors, 2 assistant coaches not show up and our team manager did not show up. As those of you that have been around footy for a while can attest to there is a lot going on on match day without all of these things being added to the basket.

At the end of the day these 2 players played and their names weren't put on the team sheet due to the break down in communication that was caused by a number of key off field staff not showing up. I can see how this has reflected badly on our club however the intention to manipulate rules etc is simply not true. When Barry called me Tuesday I was open and honest with him and he thanked me for my honesty. I support the league putting heavy sanctions on clubs that break the rules however I believe that the removal of 4 points is excessive considering we did not with the game but I have accepted the fine.

On Tuesday night I spoke to all the players about what happened, I took full responsibility and I believe they all took it in a mature way, people make mistakes and I made a mistake here. I offered to Barry that I am happy to step down as president of the club if he felt that was necessary, however he was happy for me to stay on. I have had a few presidents message me in the last couple of days talking about our improvement and that they feel for us, I really appreciate those people and that gesture won't be forgotten. I have had others such as Kym mansell message me saying enjoy mad monday this week, that wont be forgotten either. These times have funny ways of showing the true characters of people don't they. At the end of the day the fact we retained a large number of players from a winless season in 2018 and we have had 9 wins, aiming for 10 this week, is something I am proud of. We have an amazing bunch of players, coaches, committee members and supporters at the pen. If you want to know anything about the roosters please feel free to contact me and ask, I have always been pretty open and honest about how our club is ran. I don't get on social media or big footy and run down other clubs so I would appreciate the same respect in this case.

Cheers

Bushy

Hey guys as president of the chooks I thought I would jump on here and clear a few things up regarding last weekends game. The decision to play the 2 players in question was all mine so please leave Tommy Corless out of it regardless of your feelings towards the man, he has been amazing for our club this year. This week we were short players for a number of reasons (after all it is div 3 football and players don't always put footy first, if they did they would most likely be playing a higher div). As the Div 2 season had already ended I contacted a former roosters colt and a bloke that had played for the club for 5 years to see if he wanted to play as our ruckman was out, he said yes and asked if his best mate could play as well, also a former rooster. Now re engaging former roosters with the club has been a massive priority of mine this year, we have re engaged former players that haven't been to the club in 10 years, we have re engaged former sponsors and we have been active in our community. My priority was here was to re engage former players to show them what steps forward we have made as a club this season. I am not driven by wins and losses, its bloody div 3 footy, I am driven by our members having fun, growing as people and being competitive along the way.

I put through a permit for these players Saturday morning and it was approved. At 10am I received a call from the league saying these players weren't allowed to play because they were from a higher league. Maybe this was something I over looked however earlier this year we played against a team that fielded a QAFL player and someone that was listed in the QAFL reserves best 6 players the week earlier. Having to play reserves at noon because we were short numbers left me little time to debate the rule with the league and let our coaching staff and team manager know. We also had 2 players pull out at 11:30am from seniors, 2 assistant coaches not show up and our team manager did not show up. As those of you that have been around footy for a while can attest to there is a lot going on on match day without all of these things being added to the basket.

At the end of the day these 2 players played and their names weren't put on the team sheet due to the break down in communication that was caused by a number of key off field staff not showing up. I can see how this has reflected badly on our club however the intention to manipulate rules etc is simply not true. When Barry called me Tuesday I was open and honest with him and he thanked me for my honesty. I support the league putting heavy sanctions on clubs that break the rules however I believe that the removal of 4 points is excessive considering we did not with the game but I have accepted the fine.

On Tuesday night I spoke to all the players about what happened, I took full responsibility and I believe they all took it in a mature way, people make mistakes and I made a mistake here. I offered to Barry that I am happy to step down as president of the club if he felt that was necessary, however he was happy for me to stay on. I have had a few presidents message me in the last couple of days talking about our improvement and that they feel for us, I really appreciate those people and that gesture won't be forgotten. I have had others such as Kym mansell message me saying enjoy mad monday this week, that wont be forgotten either. These times have funny ways of showing the true characters of people don't they. At the end of the day the fact we retained a large number of players from a winless season in 2018 and we have had 9 wins, aiming for 10 this week, is something I am proud of. We have an amazing bunch of players, coaches, committee members and supporters at the pen. If you want to know anything about the roosters please feel free to contact me and ask, I have always been pretty open and honest about how our club is ran. I don't get on social media or big footy and run down other clubs so I would appreciate the same respect in this case.

Cheers

Bushy

Think that clears it up pretty well. Good luck with it all Bushy , from previous experience things like this either galvanise a club or destroy it.

Maybe Kym might only be a few weeks behind you with mad Monday anyway mate.

Hang on, why can't Div 2 players play Div 3?

The rules clearly state that you can't go down 2 divisions, this is only 1 division and happens ALL the time!

Why are AFLQ so active in trying to decide where players can and can't play, do they actually understand how hard it is to find players late in the year, not to mention off field volunteers?

[/QUOTE]
Kym Mansell did a similar thing with a QAFL player last year and for some reason nothing was done about it. So he can’t really run his mouth.
But I guess that’s Mansell for you.

looking at the ladder, they can still make it anyway.

When is it alleged this happened? if it was most recent round, why lose 4 points for a game you lost anyway?
You cheat .... you get penalised. In Victoria you'd lose all points for the season... no excuses for cheating.... double up reserves players not find ways around the system.

looking at the ladder, they can still make it anyway.

When is it alleged this happened? if it was most recent round, why lose 4 points for a game you lost anyway?
I think the points are yet to be deducted.
That would put them two games out of the five.
Breach of rules and probably a set penalty.
I'm curious why they couldn't permit players either.
Lots of clubs do it.
It all seems very strange and someone out there made a complaint for this to happen.
Hope whoever did it has their ducks in a line.
I'm not big on dobbing others in or kicking someone when their down.
But rules are rules and aflq follow the rules don't they mate.

Kym Mansell did a similar thing with a QAFL player last year and for some reason nothing was done about it. So he can’t really run his mouth.
[/QUOTE]
Probably because No one made an official complaint.

You cheat .... you get penalised. In Victoria you'd lose all points for the season... no excuses for cheating.... double up reserves players not find ways around the system.

Probably tend to agree with you Vic , but they did apply for permits judging by Bushy's post. And if Fan is correct at being ok to play down 1 Division, then they should have been automatically approved like normal.

We have permitted a heap of players this year and if other club applies, long as we agree it's automatic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit low KP considering he set Beenleigh up to where they are now and has done a huge job at Moorooka this year in getting them competitive.

Seems like some personal sour grapes there KP?

Well Bushy you should go back through your messages, it was you on Saturday evening indicating to me that mad Monday next Monday would be for you guys my response was “not necessarily “ then when the news broke out Wednesday and yes I did messaged saying definitely mad Monday for you guys in regards to what you had said Saturday so it wasn’t me just messaging you out of disrespect.

And for those saying we played a QAFL player in a similar situation last year you have no idea , we are quite happy for AFLQ to investigate us as we have nothing to hide all I’m going to say is nice try trying to take the heat off and put it on some one else

Cheers

Bushy

well said pres - it sounds like a complete crap fight on the day with players / officials missing. Bit tough when AFLQ say yes then no, that throws a spanner in the works.
The rule is pretty clear though - on the weekend of a bye then no player can play down a division, its not 1 or 2 down, its at all, as long as it is a senior player. Is a fair enough rule imo despite the difficulty it puts clubs into but think of it from the view that what if Moorookas opponent needed to win to make finals, Moorooka find 3 very good players from Div 1/Div 2 side who was on a bye and smacked the side looking to make finals. If the players had been only 2's players this year then would be ok. We have permitted Hinterland with players from Caloundra this year but they have only been 2's players. I'm sure every side looks to make connections with ex players and clubs close by. Once the decision to revoke the permit was made you are stuffed tbh.

Saying all that considering they lost the game anyway it obviously made no difference to ladder. The club (pres) has fallen on sword and imo based on what he has written reckon its a pretty tough penalty in the end removing an extra 4pts. Hinterland would be stoked mind you although i'm sure they would have loved to win this weekend and earnt the right to play finals with Moorooka still in the hunt.

The bottom line is you need to have good officials around you to ensure this sort of stuff doesn't occur or you can pick up if its happening against you. That's a luxury in the majority of clubs rom div 3 to div 1 tbh. And your pres is having a kick to get a 2's side happening so otherwise detained!! Sounds like it wasn't the pres who let the footy club down on the weekend and although its not sheep stations you like to think that people follow through a commitment from start to finish. Basic humanness...

why wouldn't they just promote ressies players to fill in for seniours like every other honest team would do. and then get fill ins for the ressies. or double up players. both there seniors and there ressies should loose points cause it looks like a cheating move to benifit both there teams.

[/QUOTE]
That's Just Ipswich I suppose that's why they have lost around 4 Grand Finals

why wouldn't they just promote ressies players to fill in for seniours like every other honest team would do. and then get fill ins for the ressies. or double up players. both there seniors and there ressies should loose points cause it looks like a cheating move to benifit both there teams.

thats the uneducated opinion of someone not involved directly in a club. People use that throwawy line all the time, not understanding that not every ressies blokes is busting a gut to play seniors, or even have interest in playing seniors and in some cases, even have time to play footy at 2pm with other committments planned around their regular midday timeslot.

Which club are you 'directly' involved in again that you have so much insight?

Tough one Bushy, my understanding of the rules is that it would have been allowed if they didn't have a bye, but then they also wouldn't be available.

Also frustrating that the system allows it and someone has to ring to say it's not allowed. Maybe turn your phone off next time!?

You obviously should have played in the 1s yourself, would have solved everything!

Having said all that, in my experience dealing with a few Div 3 clubs and lending out players - its harder than you would think to get Ressies players to play seniors, which is somewhat surprising.

well said pres - it sounds like a complete crap fight on the day with players / officials missing. Bit tough when AFLQ say yes then no, that throws a spanner in the works.
The rule is pretty clear though - on the weekend of a bye then no player can play down a division, its not 1 or 2 down, its at all, as long as it is a senior player. Is a fair enough rule imo despite the difficulty it puts clubs into but think of it from the view that what if Moorookas opponent needed to win to make finals, Moorooka find 3 very good players from Div 1/Div 2 side who was on a bye and smacked the side looking to make finals. If the players had been only 2's players this year then would be ok. We have permitted Hinterland with players from Caloundra this year but they have only been 2's players. I'm sure every side looks to make connections with ex players and clubs close by. Once the decision to revoke the permit was made you are stuffed tbh.

Saying all that considering they lost the game anyway it obviously made no difference to ladder. The club (pres) has fallen on sword and imo based on what he has written reckon its a pretty tough penalty in the end removing an extra 4pts. Hinterland would be stoked mind you although i'm sure they would have loved to win this weekend and earnt the right to play finals with Moorooka still in the hunt.

The bottom line is you need to have good officials around you to ensure this sort of stuff doesn't occur or you can pick up if its happening against you. That's a luxury in the majority of clubs rom div 3 to div 1 tbh. And your pres is having a kick to get a 2's side happening so otherwise detained!! Sounds like it wasn't the pres who let the footy club down on the weekend and although its not sheep stations you like to think that people follow through a commitment from start to finish. Basic humanness...
I feel if there was no deliberate cheating they wouldn't of played them under wrong names

Last edited:
thats the uneducated opinion of someone not involved directly in a club. People use that throwawy line all the time, not understanding that not every ressies blokes is busting a gut to play seniors, or even have interest in playing seniors and in some cases, even have time to play footy at 2pm with other committments planned around their regular midday timeslot.

find it very hard to believe there woukdnt be at least a couple of fringe ressie players busting a nut to get into the seniour side a couple of weeks before finals and cementing there spot in there. i guess that wasnt an option and they were not asked. Ipswich might get an influx of players back next yeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back