QFA Div 2 North

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Still going through the hoops to get back into Saturday Footy Bucky. But hopefully will be announced in next week or so.

Definitely looking at Northside as when you do the Sums it's about 400klms eachway less travel than Southside in a season.
Didn't take long mate.
Decision made.

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns

FootyFanatic27

Debutant
Nov 15, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Has anyone seen the signings/player retentions hinterland has been making? Might be a smokey to go deep in September next year. Birchmore did a great job in his first year.

Moreton should be back.
I feel their ressies have a point to prove after seeing the seniors hold the cup. Gonna be intersting

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has anyone seen the signings/player retentions hinterland has been making? Might be a smokey to go deep in September next year. Birchmore did a great job in his first year.
He did do a great job and has got Danny O’Brien on board for next year who was terrific at Noosa in his coaching roles.Has a very aggressive recruiting strategy which is great for Nambour.As a Sunshine Coast footy person I hope they go well!

Moreton should be back.
I feel their ressies have a point to prove after seeing the seniors hold the cup. Gonna be intersting

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've heard Aspley have grabbed a couple of youngsters from Moreton, once again making the Lions academy look silly with some of the talent they aren't aware of.

Still Me

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ipswich have their first major signing with head cheerleader Kym Mansell re-signing. They’re in for a huge year if this signing has anything to go by

I hear the ressies coach from last year at Ipswich has landed the Moorooka gig.

Might drag a few with him from what I am hearing. That will upset young Kymbo!

freddyfudrucker

All Australian
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Carnt confirm that.
But what I can say is I umpired a ressies game this year and when we did the votes I had a clean sweep to the winning side.
Might add it was a flogging.
I was told by the other umpire that their club told him that no clean sweeps can be awarded.
I disagreed and said your kidding the best 10 players were on the winning side.
Given that it was an away game for me I didn't do the paperwork required.
That means every week a player is taking votes off a more deserving player.
Votes in my view are for the best players not given to blokes because the club wants no clean sweeps.
If this is a thing that clubs do in reserve grade I would think that the medal is out of whack.
To be honest I had several issues this year with other umpires about votes.
Just don't think it's a good system and has too many holes in it.
It's not a participation medal.
It goes to the best players on the day regardless of who your club is.

Should have reported the dickhead

Danny3

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Moreton Bay Lions
I've heard Aspley have grabbed a couple of youngsters from Moreton, once again making the Lions academy look silly with some of the talent they aren't aware of.

Tahj Abberley is in the Lions Academy. He went to Sandgate this year to play QAFL. Apparently the Lions wanted to play him in the NEAFL GF, but couldn't as he'd finished the season in Aspley's side (including their two finals).

Kelly Castle used to be in the Academy, but was dropped for whatever reason. Just won the league medal as an 18-year-old and has been invited to do preseason with the Hornets.

Tahj obviously has the advantage of still being in the system. He's also got a bit more height than Kelly. But both kids are absolute jets.

lucky ducky

Senior List
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hear the ressies coach from last year at Ipswich has landed the Moorooka gig.

Might drag a few with him from what I am hearing. That will upset young Kymbo!
Yes he is and we can’t wait to meet him and the 9 players I believe that are coming with him, my sources tell me that he was the main man at the Eagles pulling all the strings behind the scenes over the last few years and left because he was sick of Mansell taking all the credit. Moorooka top 2 with mansell falling big time all the way to the bottom he has totally wrecked that club.

Gone Akers

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes he is and we can’t wait to meet him and the 9 players I believe that are coming with him, my sources tell me that he was the main man at the Eagles pulling all the strings behind the scenes over the last few years and left because he was sick of Mansell taking all the credit. Moorooka top 2 with mansell falling big time all the way to the bottom he has totally wrecked that club.
Might put you over the cap a bit . Ya crack head !

winkipop

Debutant
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Id say moorooka need all the help they can get. I heap wont be there next year anyway after there cheating ways and bad culture.

ThrowingChat

Draftee
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

We keep hearing how bad he is, yet he keeps getting the gig. Either someone really dislikes the bloke and keeps spreading rumors. Or the committee are what is holding the club back, could advertise and get another coach.

Gone Akers

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
We keep hearing how bad he is, yet he keeps getting the gig. Either someone really dislikes the bloke and keeps spreading rumors. Or the committee are what is holding the club back, could advertise and get another coach.
Everyone bags the eagles but they’re always playing finals and have no dramas signing new players. Like signing big Huss today . He is a weapon !

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Squeaky wheel. It’s only this bloke (lucky d) . Who is a nut case based on what he writes on here. They seem to go ok the eagles. Competitive every year. That’s a great start. Hard to win a GF. In what is crusted on league territory too.

Back