QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

But was that the case though? Had jimboomba pulled the pin before clubs went chasing ....

From what I hear, the players from Jimboomba starting talking to people from other clubs telling them Jimboomba were folding and they were all up fro grabs.

So if they hadn't folded when people started picking over the live carcass, they can blame their own players for the final nail in the coffin.

Certainly I did hear that AFLQ were keen to step in and assist (lol!) but found that they were too far gone once a bunch of blokes committed elsewhere who were the core group of Redbacks

probably making it strategically late, because they know there will be a mass player exodus from comps with only 5 or 6 teams.

make it late enough and the players will feel compelled to hang around, despite the prospect of being bored to death for the year playing the same team every 3rd week

Structure announced:

Div 4:
Siders
Ormeau
Sandgate
Springwood
UQ
Magpies
Zillmere

Div 5:
Power
Falcons
Kings
Ipswich Cats
Jindalee
Mayne
Devils
GM/UQ Hybrid "Red Roosters!"

Not a bad effort, though I'd make it 8 in Div 4 and 7 in Div 5, but thats about it

Watto 46 hopeful of a few cameos by you on a Saturday. ....still waiting on you kicking a goal....

Haha of course, there are some games that would be great if you were short and needed a hand ;)
I know I've penciled a couple in that we will be out in force in on the hill watching!

Get it together AFLQ

Structure announced:

Div 4:
Siders
Ormeau
Sandgate
Springwood
UQ
Magpies
Zillmere

Div 5:
Power
Falcons
Kings
Ipswich Cats
Jindalee
Mayne
Devils
GM/UQ Hybrid "Red Roosters!"

Not a bad effort, though I'd make it 8 in Div 4 and 7 in Div 5, but thats about it

Surprised Yeronga haven't made a play for Div 4 seeing they have recruited so well.

Can't understand why the AFLQ didn't use the Alpha preseason cup period to maybe play some form of grading games between a few of the clubs on border line of Div 4&5?

That way could have had best 8 teams in Div 4 for sure. Not saying it isn't right now but would have made it a lot clearer.

Surprised Yeronga haven't made a play for Div 4 seeing they have recruited so well.

Can't understand why the AFLQ didn't use the Alpha preseason cup period to maybe play some form of grading games between a few of the clubs on border line of Div 4&5?

That way could have had best 8 teams in Div 4 for sure. Not saying it isn't right now but would have made it a lot clearer.

Explain Coorparoo staying down then blocker? What a farce that is surely an in form team in the friday night comp last year.
Although if Yeronga 3rd's have recruited well then Yeronga vs Kings/Blues/Grubs - whatever they call themselves at Giffin Park will be hot in both Div1 and Div5 comps!

Explain Coorparoo staying down then blocker? What a farce that is surely an in form team in the friday night comp last year.
Although if Yeronga 3rd's have recruited well then Yeronga vs Kings/Blues/Grubs - whatever they call themselves at Giffin Park will be hot in both Div1 and Div5 comps!

Agree mate that is why I thought grading would be a bit fairer system. I am sure it will all unfold but unless a few of the bottom sides have improved there might be some pretty lopsided games.

Coorparooo 3rds won 5 out of 16 games. We were hardly an in form team? Didn't get close to any of the top teams last year.
I think if you ask around the league there wouldn't be too many calling Coorparoo Grubs.

Interesting Div 4 comp.

So am I correct in saying Ormeau are the former Suns / cobras mob and the magpies are the Woodsmen now aligned with Sherwood?

Would have thought Yeronga, Jindalee or Coll Park could have pushed up to fill the Jimboomba lads going walk about. Would at least be competitive and boost it to 8 teams.

Interesting Div 4 comp.

So am I correct in saying Ormeau are the former Suns / cobras mob and the magpies are the Woodsmen now aligned with Sherwood?

Would have thought Yeronga, Jindalee or Coll Park could have pushed up to fill the Jimboomba lads going walk about. Would at least be competitive and boost it to 8 teams.

I think the divs may not yet be finalised as might be a push from a Div 4 team to maybe play in Div2/3. Big numbers at training and maybe a club very close to them having a few dramas.

Seems a number of clubs across divisions are getting big numbers regularly. Must help when clubs fold leaving 15-20 blokes free to pick and choose where they want to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the divs may not yet be finalised as might be a push from a Div 4 team to maybe play in Div2/3. Big numbers at training and maybe a club very close to them having a few dramas.

My mail is that Zillmere are making a late play for Div 3 and moving to Saturday footy.

Plenty of Kedron folk have walked, and Kedron could be back in Div 4 as a straight swap.

Would probably even things out a bit, as Zillmere would have been untouchable in Div 4 this year.

Wonder if Fitzgibbon has been poached by anyone?

Agree mate that is why I thought grading would be a bit fairer system. I am sure it will all unfold but unless a few of the bottom sides have improved there might be some pretty lopsided games.

Grading would be the only way to do it, because the quality in a team from year to year can have so much variance in the Friday league.

Yeronga played in a GF in 2013, then knocked out in 2014 with consecutive 100 point losses, then 2015 and 2016 they were complete witches hats.

If they are good again in 2016 it would be a miracle, but it only takes 5 or 6 guys at this level to turn it around.

The trouble with grading is that some teams would barely be getting themselves organised by now, so grading wouldn't show a true reflection anyway.

My mail is that Zillmere are making a late play for Div 3 and moving to Saturday footy.

Plenty of Kedron folk have walked, and Kedron could be back in Div 4 as a straight swap.

Would probably even things out a bit, as Zillmere would have been untouchable in Div 4 this year.

Looks like we will just have too win both comps dickfos Fitzgibbon long few goals there !!!!

You should know mate, you timekeep for Kedron. What's the mail?

Who is the club you are talking about? You've bagged QAFL for not fact checking, be interesting if this has any facts behind it. Hardly see AFLQ changing comps this late.

Who is the club you are talking about? You've bagged QAFL for not fact checking, be interesting if this has any facts behind it. Hardly see AFLQ changing comps this late.

We will see. If I am wrong will be first to put my hand up. But lot of people saying same thing.

My understanding is that many of their 'recruits' went there because of the attraction of Friday night footy. So i hardly think they're going to use those new numbers to play on Saturdays!

Will be super strong though, look out!

My understanding is that many of their 'recruits' went there because of the attraction of Friday night footy. So i hardly think they're going to use those new numbers to play on Saturdays!

Will be super strong though, look out!

Who have they picked up? I heard they were going to lose a fair few from last year. Maybe not as strong as people are thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back