QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

No fog at Ormeau.

But when i left theMagpies at about 6pm, there was apparently an u11s game going. I couldn't see any players out there though!

I had to run out and check goal kickers and make changes for players I couldn't see. This being a runner business is ridiculous. I'm actually getting into shape which hurts my bank account because I need to drink more beer to keep the dad bod.

I had to run out and check goal kickers and make changes for players I couldn't see. This being a runner business is ridiculous. I'm actually getting into shape which hurts my bank account because I need to drink more beer to keep the dad bod.

Attachments

• IMG_3797.JPG
    IMG_3797.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 83
So having monitored these comps from a distance I imagine there'll be a STRONG push for a merge next year. With respect to all clubs in Div 4, it's a bit of a joke that the top 3 was decided so quick into the season.

Surely if Sandgate finish 3rd, they may actually be in a better position than 1 or 2 come finals time. Yeah I get the double chance thing with 1 and 2, but that final is going to be at a much higher standard than Sandgate V 4.

Div 5 looks much closer but I'm sure Mayne and Col Park could have held their own (and probably better than that) higher up. To be honest, the top 4 or 5 in that division could have been worthy opponents on their day.

So having monitored these comps from a distance I imagine there'll be a STRONG push for a merge next year. With respect to all clubs in Div 4, it's a bit of a joke that the top 3 was decided so quick into the season.

Surely if Sandgate finish 3rd, they may actually be in a better position than 1 or 2 come finals time. Yeah I get the double chance thing with 1 and 2, but that final is going to be at a much higher standard than Sandgate V 4.

Div 5 looks much closer but I'm sure Mayne and Col Park could have held their own (and probably better than that) higher up. To be honest, the top 4 or 5 in that division could have been worthy opponents on their day.

It is hard as clubs don't know who they have from year to year. Our first year we knew it was going to be tough but the boys have kept trying.

Potentially a larger div 4 with div 5 rebranded to "Development League" to give a genuine forum for large amounts of new players keen to try out our game? First impression of footy being belted each week maybe not ideal for retention. What do clubs think? Is there an appetite from more Saturday sides to field a Friday team at this Development level? If it works then push to div 4? Objective = more competitive games of footy and more participation in footy. Thoughts?

Sandgate have lost against UQ and also Morningside. And the top 4 is not yet settled, with uq and mside both equal on points. (What happens with the points for the "wash out" with zillmere is crucial, a draw called and they move ahead 2 valuable points.)

Outside Ormeau, who for who knows what reason were put into this comp, most weeks are closer games and is quite even. The problem is 6 teams and was ridiculous from the start. Mayne and Coll Park in the comp would of both been highly competitive and a decent 8 team comp could of been had.

8 teams next year with 3 new clubs already keen to bring a new side into div 5 apparently.

Sandgate have lost against UQ and also Morningside. And the top 4 is not yet settled, with uq and mside both equal on points. (What happens with the points for the "wash out" with zillmere is crucial, a draw called and they move ahead 2 valuable points.)

Outside Ormeau, who for who knows what reason were put into this comp, most weeks are closer games and is quite even. The problem is 6 teams and was ridiculous from the start. Mayne and Coll Park in the comp would of both been highly competitive and a decent 8 team comp could of been had.

8 teams next year with 3 new clubs already keen to bring a new side into div 5 apparently.
Not sure on Mayne being competitive its easy in hindsight but we copped a 100+ maulings from Zillmere and only saved by another by a torrential downpour the first time we played em, Sandgate flogged us as well, Morningside beat us and we were trounced by UQ...A couple of handy additions this year have made the Mayne side stronger but essentially it is the same side as last year...I think Mayne would miss the four in div 4 in all honesty and from what I've seen of Collingwood Pk they would as well so I think the divisions are right on playing ability minus Ormeau of course whom I haven't had the pleasure of watching...Below the top four in Div 5 are just genuine Friday Night Warriors and that is where the real difference in standard is you can't have them going up against Zillmere Sandgate etc unless you enjoy watching lambs to the slaughter...

Not sure on Mayne being competitive its easy in hindsight but we copped a 100+ maulings from Zillmere and only saved by another by a torrential downpour the first time we played em, Sandgate flogged us as well, Morningside beat us and we were trounced by UQ...A couple of handy additions this year have made the Mayne side stronger but essentially it is the same side as last year...I think Mayne would miss the four in div 4 in all honesty and from what I've seen of Collingwood Pk they would as well so I think the divisions are right on playing ability minus Ormeau of course whom I haven't had the pleasure of watching...Below the top four in Div 5 are just genuine Friday Night Warriors and that is where the real difference in standard is you can't have them going up against Zillmere Sandgate etc unless you enjoy watching lambs to the slaughter...

Friday night warriors should be div 5. Not clubs looking for an easier way to be competitive and win a "flag".

Friday night warriors should be div 5. Not clubs looking for an easier way to be competitive and win a "flag".
Nobody is looking for an easy flag least of all Mayne jeez we played in the QAFL getting spanked every week for years just to stay at the highest level possible ...This 3rds team got punched up in the previous QAFA B Comp the results were obvious for everyone to see...If we win we go up in div 4 so its a mute point really...

I think people are making some pretty big assumptions.

I'm fairly confident that Ormeau would be at the very pointy end of Div 5 if they were in it. Having played in this comp for 10 years now, the standard has never been better. It's just unfortunate that we had to put up with a 6 team comp to have it.

I think people are making some pretty big assumptions.

I'm fairly confident that Ormeau would be at the very pointy end of Div 5 if they were in it. Having played in this comp for 10 years now, the standard has never been better. It's just unfortunate that we had to put up with a 6 team comp to have it.

Unfortunately mate the people that make the assumptions aren't involved or play in the comp. Just armchair experts who see results, teams and names online and get to a game every now and then.

Unfortunately mate the people that make the assumptions aren't involved or play in the comp. Just armchair experts who see results, teams and names online and get to a game every now and then.

Ease up there Maj, no ones ever accused me at being an expert at anything!!;)

Thommo can attest to that!!

I can clearly recall a season not too long ago where the equivalent of this division only had 5 clubs. That was a fun comp to play....

....said no one ever!

I'm not questioning quality of either div..... just pointing out the absurdity of the current split and wondering from those who do play what their thoughts are on a re-alignment next year.

Good luck in the battle of the 'swich tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top 3 or 4 from Div 5 would have been competitive in Div 4. It's absurd that Div 5 has more teams than Div 4, including teams in Div 5 that finished higher last year in a combined comp than teams in Div 4.

The obvious thing to do would have been to have Div 4 with 8 or 9 sides and Div 5 with 5 or 6 sides.

Div 5 should be a development comp, so 5 teams wouldn't be an issue. Yes, it would be boring like this years version of Div 4, but at least most games would be competitive.

Ease up there Maj, no ones ever accused me at being an expert at anything!!;)

Thommo can attest to that!!

I can clearly recall a season not too long ago where the equivalent of this division only had 5 clubs. That was a fun comp to play....

....said no one ever!

I'm not questioning quality of either div..... just pointing out the absurdity of the current split and wondering from those who do play what their thoughts are on a re-alignment next year.

Good luck in the battle of the 'swich tonight.

It is easy to sit here in hindsight and pick holes in the competitions however it is absurd that Div 4 is only 6 teams. I know that Us and I am sure Maj would agree that Collingwood Park would of been more than comfortable in Div 4. Even Jindalee and Coops have been playing some good footy. I am sure next year you will see Power and us move up making it an 8 team comp which would make it a good comp. I agree with Thommo though that a 9 team comp would be awesome, the body is screaming for a freshen up this time of year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is easy to sit here in hindsight and pick holes in the competitions however it is absurd that Div 4 is only 6 teams. I know that Us and I am sure Maj would agree that Collingwood Park would of been more than comfortable in Div 4. Even Jindalee and Coops have been playing some good footy. I am sure next year you will see Power and us move up making it an 8 team comp which would make it a good comp. I agree with Thommo though that a 9 team comp would be awesome, the body is screaming for a freshen up this time of year

Yeah agreed mate. However don't pull the freshen up card because we all no a bye weekend is a good excuse for some (team bonding).

And then leave div 5 with a 6 team comp? Hardly seems fair imo

Either have 7 in each or join them again.

Seems strange having two Friday night comps anyway

If one of them is going to be small, it should be the lower one - not the higher one.

9 and 5 seems ok to me, as they would be relatively even comps and would allow for a bye

8 and 6 could work as well, but the 6th team in Div 5 would probably be a bit too strong

If one of them is going to be small, it should be the lower one - not the higher one.

9 and 5 seems ok to me, as they would be relatively even comps and would allow for a bye

8 and 6 could work as well, but the 6th team in Div 5 would probably be a bit too strong

There is talk of 2-3 new clubs entering next year which would top div 5 up nicely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back