QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 4 and 5 are thriving and the standard improving every year. Not sure they should be forced to change the way they do things because div 3 clubs aren't.

Something needs to change to reduce the barriers for clubs to get involved in Saturday footy. Even though existing teams don't want the extra competition the more we can help new clubs the better.

The more the Friday night comps improve the less of a pathway they are for the Saturday comps. It's hard enough to try to attract players who can play Friday night one season and then Saturday's the next.

If Jindalee were to get numbers for Saturday, I doubt they would have to go via Div 4

They would just go from Div 5 to Div 3

Thats a very crowded catchment in the western suburbs though.

Jindalee, Kenmore, Collingwood Park, Ipswich Cats, Ipswich Eagles, Yeronga, Moorooka all battling away at the lower levels - while Sherwood are there with thousands of juniors and 3 senior sides, and more than likely their 3rds are better than the senior side at all of those clubs listed except Yeronga and Kenmore.

there's probably an argument for a Saturday comp with no reserves, but the standard variance would be the issue.

3rds teams should probably play Friday for 2 reasons, field availability and alternative option for their players (given they have 2 sides already playing Saturday)

But if you create a Saturday comp with the leftover senior sides that have no reserves, you end up with:

Zillmere
Collingwood Park
Ipswich Cats
Jindalee
Ormeau
Ferny Grove

It may also attract a handful of other clubs who have struggled for years to have Reserves and would welcome not having to make the effort.

Probably a pretty good comp if you didn't have the all-conquering Zillmere spoiling the pot!

Why is Saturday football seen as more important to some? I doubt the quality and standard of footy would stay the same if Friday teams moved to a Saturday. Friday footy to me seems a completely different set of circumstances for players and these reasons are why is continues to grow

I think it's in clubs best interests to play senior footy on Saturdays in terms of revenue etc.

I know Wynnum and Kedron both reported massive drops in bar takings etc in the season they each spent playing Friday nights only

There are obviously heaps of blokes out there that simply prefer to play on Friday night for any of number of reasons, and it doesn't relate to their ability at all

North Lakes looking to enter a team to div 4 or 5. With Duane Hoey as there operator it probably will happen

where would their field be located?

Mango Hill? jeez it would be tough to get up there on a Friday night in the sunny coast traffic!

where would their field be located?

Mango Hill? jeez it would be tough to get up there on a Friday night in the sunny coast traffic!

They have a club based at a school at north lakes which is currently juniors.

It's only 20 minutes from sandgate... probably face the same issues that north side clubs have getting to Ormeau against traffic. It's not that difficult.

North Lakes looking to enter a team to div 4 or 5. With Duane Hoey as there operator it probably will happen

I'm pretty sure they don't have lights. I know at least one of their junior teams train on Sunday mornings because parents can't get to the school before dark.

They have a club based at a school at north lakes which is currently juniors.

It's only 20 minutes from sandgate... probably face the same issues that north side clubs have getting to Ormeau against traffic. It's not that difficult.

Yep, Ormeau is ok if the Logan Motorway is used. Try the M1 and you're in trouble.

Sandgate is probably ok because you don't need to use the freeway to get there, but Northlakes could potentially be gridlock.

Appareicate there are issues everywhere, but the sunny coast Friday arvo traffic is the worst in Brisbane

Yep, Ormeau is ok if the Logan Motorway is used. Try the M1 and you're in trouble.

Sandgate is probably ok because you don't need to use the freeway to get there, but Northlakes could potentially be gridlock.

Appareicate there are issues everywhere, but the sunny coast Friday arvo traffic is the worst in Brisbane

This is ridiculous. Players don't need to be at a ground until 6:30pm. You're saying that south side clubs won't make it to north lakes in time? Even though clubs from the north managed to get all the way to Ormeau this year with no drama? The distance from most clubs to north lakes is much shorter than the trip to Ormeau, regardless of traffic. Ormeau to north lakes would be the furtherest but north lakes likely to be div 5 any way if they get a side in. Hardly an issue.

Those still questioning Ormeau presence in Div 4 should just hold fire IMO.

Half dozen recruits who can play a bit, will automatically take them up the ladder with finals a real chance. Wont take much in that Div to be competitive.

In addition to some strong leadership and a simple game plan, they will suprise afew.

Half dozen recruits who can play a bit, will automatically take them up the ladder with finals a real chance. Wont take much in that Div to be competitive.

In addition to some strong leadership and a simple game plan, they will suprise afew.
Agree, it only takes a few inclusions in this division to go from bottom to top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about bottom to top, but it only takes a few to go from uncompetitive to competitive - and thats what they should be aiming at

Based on this year. To ply finals they only need to live up a couple of spots. Morningside and UQ are up and down so if they get a consistent side they will h e the advantage of not being a 3rds side.

Have heard sandgate may not have a side at all in div 4 so that is one more side they won't have to worry about. Mayne and Coll Park will be around the same level so a few recruits to Ormeau will see them in the mix. Zillmere and Magpies generally have strong sides and at their best are a level above the others. Zillmere have already picked up a few more ex state league players and have kept this years squad. Be hard to beat of true.

So who have Ormeau picked up Morro? Some more ressies spuds like they did from the former SE Suns. If so Ormeau will struggle.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm pretty sure they don't have lights. I know at least one of their junior teams train on Sunday mornings because parents can't get to the school before dark.

i believe they did get built a new ground perhaps with lights? if not Redcliffe is literally 800M down the road. could play out of there

Two 8 team comps next year, with 3 clubs still a chance of entering Div 5. Sandgate are gone from div 4. Mayne, Coll park and jimboomba in. Aspley have a div 5 side. Thoughts?

Two 8 team comps next year, with 3 clubs still a chance of entering Div 5. Sandgate are gone from div 4. Mayne, Coll park and jimboomba in. Aspley have a div 5 side. Thoughts?

Springwood nominating a side for Div 5 (assumed) too, according to their FB page (posted 13th November).

When do teams have to nominate bye..
heard 1st december..
Is that just to nominate or do they need to show numbers...

When do teams have to nominate bye..
heard 1st december..
Is that just to nominate or do they need to show numbers...

I think new clubs need at least 30 players register interest and have appropriate lights. Think that's about all they need. New clubs were initially supposed to be div 5 but the league seems to put teams where they ask to be, as was the case without ormeau who want to progress to two teams and Saturday footy I think. Jimboomba were a good Friday side so they are straight back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back