QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

When are Xavs, Scotch and Carey putting their old boys teams in?

haha, what a *ing joke of a team! Melbourne wannabe flogs

Any news on how the new clubs are going with the div 4/5 teams.
hear jimboomba getting good numbers..
big monkey a good coach and bloke would attracked some players to the club...
Logan been quiet ..any chance..

Bribie Island, Aspley, Marcellin and Springwood all have teams in div 5. Be good fun driving up to Bribie from Jindalee on a Friday....

Div4/5 teams been sorted yet..
Believe redbacks are in div 4...
Will be competitive with a few old boys and a couple of handy players from pirates venturing down....

Maroochy have a team in div 4. Aflq making up the rules as they go again

Jimboomba to Maroochydore on a Friday night will be enjoyable trip? It's a 2 hour trip normally, surely 3 hours on a Friday night? Makes it a late start I would think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLQ approached and asked for feedback from all the existing Div 4 clubs.

To my knowledge, all of the clubs were supportive of The Roos joining the comp - especially after playing in a 6 team comp last year that bored everyone to death.

It will involve a single away trip to Maroochydoore on a Saturday for each team, and otherwise every other game will remain on Friday night.

The Roos will still venture to Brisbane on Fri night for all their away fixtures, with the Jimboomba game probably the only stumbling block! (and maybe Ormeau)

so while it appears strange, every club was consulted - can't ask for more than that. Open, honest communication and actually taking a consultative approach - should be more of it!

To my knowledge, all of the clubs were supportive of The Roos joining the comp - especially after playing in a 6 team comp last year that bored everyone to death.

It will involve a single away trip to Maroochydoore on a Saturday for each team, and otherwise every other game will remain on Friday night.

The Roos will still venture to Brisbane on Fri night for all their away fixtures, with the Jimboomba game probably the only stumbling block! (and maybe Ormeau)

so while it appears strange, every club was consulted - can't ask for more than that. Open, honest communication and actually taking a consultative approach - should be more of it!
I agree 6 team comps should be the last option if it means a saturday game once in a blue moon for a bit of variety im all for it...

It was good that all clubs were consulted, not sure everyone was supportive of the addition of Maroochydore into the Friday night comp.

Every other division has to travel so why shouldn’t 4 and 5? My tip will be Maroochydore and Aspley will belt the living daylights out of everyone !

Every other division has to travel so why shouldn’t 4 and 5? My tip will be Maroochydore and Aspley will belt the living daylights out of everyone !

Friday night is harder with traffic and blokes working in Brisbane til 5pm sometimes. Hard to get from Cbd to Maroochy for 6:30pm to get ready.

Aspley would be strong favs in div 5. Maroochy will be interesting. 3rds teams can be up and down depending on numbers etc

Who knows . Maroochydore would still kill it. Or maybe the comp they were in was rubbish! I thought Aspley would be in 4 cause they get what they want . Getting 40 already.

Maroochydore thirds played in Bundaberg comp. won the granny by 90 odd points.

I dare say they want more of a challenge and less travel. A move into div 4 makes sense

I imagine it will be a close battle between the Magpies, Panthers and Maroochy for that 2nd spot in the Grand Final

We already know the Eagles are going to 3peat. Unstoppable force

From a personal point of view as it impacts my club, I love the idea. It looks like all our Uni mens and womens teams will play Maroochy on one big weekend of footy. I personally I love that. I got a lot of respect for Maroochy and how they go about footy and as a club and I'm sure there a few boys and girls around the Red Lions that would love a trip up the coast for the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back