QFA Div 4&5

King 05

Senior List
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I've been around this competition for close to 10 years now, and the only forfeit I recall was us against Jimboomba in 2013 when there were 5 teams, it was a Saturday arvo game, it was the final round, the ladder couldn't change and we had 13 available and would play each other the following week in an elimination final anyway. (which we lost in extra time)

So not sure there is any histroy that suggests anyone will forfeit anything.
Remember that game against Bond Thommo? 14 players (incl coach).... no thoughts of forfeit. Just a desire to play the game.
Redbacks are a proud club... they'll be ok.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo 42

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Remember that game against Bond Thommo? 14 players (incl coach).... no thoughts of forfeit. Just a desire to play the game.
Redbacks are a proud club... they'll be ok.
Remember it well, we lost by 120 but we kicked 6 goals to 1 in the last quarter and walked off feeling like winners!

Dinga_19

Team Captain
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Absolute joke of an umpire in the Aspley v Marcellin game. Very disappointing. At least 4 goals directly came from 50/100m penalties. Totally ruined the game.

FAN THE MAN

Team Captain
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well done to the Redbacks, I was obviously wrong on most counts with that one.

Interesting to see the Magpies undefeated and top of the table, lust hurrah before they all depart for the Masters comp?

RMajor#22

Senior List
AFL Club
Carlton
Well done to the Redbacks, I was obviously wrong on most counts with that one.

Interesting to see the Magpies undefeated and top of the table, lust hurrah before they all depart for the Masters comp?
The team we played Friday night didn’t appear to be that ‘old’. Fair few young guys running around. Sad not to run into thommo but maybe next time.

FAN THE MAN

Team Captain
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will Ormeau go 2 seasons without winning a game?

Will the Woodsmen/Magpies finally crack another flag with what appears to be a bit of an injection of youth?

Or are Zillmere just timing their run in Winx like fashion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Geelong
Will Ormeau go 2 seasons without winning a game?

Will the Woodsmen/Magpies finally crack another flag with what appears to be a bit of an injection of youth?

Or are Zillmere just timing their run in Winx like fashion?
Winx has planned training, lead up runs and a great amount of funds to ensure she is right when they need her. We have been happy to get 22 on the field each week. It’s round 5, I couldn’t tell you what our side will look like in 2 weeks let alone finals time if we are still in the running.

The comp seems a lot more even this year, Mayne were super impressive, so we Morninsgide and we haven’t played Maroochydore, jimboomba or the Woodies yet. But results suggest it’s probably going to be hard just making the final 4 this year and there are 5 or 6 teams who will be in the mix.

Thommo 42

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
We've won 2 games by less than a straight kick. Could easily be 3 and 2.

We pretty much lost every close game we had for the last 2 years, so we were due a couple of close ones!

We've had a minimum of 6 changes every week, and had 11 changes from round 4 to round 5. So we couldn't judge our own form let alone anyone else's.

I've played 3 games myself, Morningside, Mayne and Maroochydoore. Despite what the results might say, I reckon Maroochydoore are easily the best team we've played this year. We just played particularly well and had about 80% of our best side in, as opposed to 50%.

I doubt we'll ever get above 80% such is the nature of Friday night footy, and I'm not sure we genuinely have any idea what our best 22 would look like if the planet's aligned and everyone was available in the same week anyway.

The headache at selection would barely be worth it I imagine.

King 05

Senior List
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Just as long as you keep getting a game hey Tommo? Will never be 100% while thats still happening...
Well it's obvious from your post you are neither a "fan" nor a "man".

Perhaps you should run with "I. M. A. Troll" instead.

What's the matter..... Someone done you wrong in a previous football life?

Thommo 42

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just as long as you keep getting a game hey Tommo? Will never be 100% while thats still happening...
I'd be more than happy if someone came along and put their hand up to play in the ruck, its bloody hard work at my age.

I was R/up in our B&F last year, so not completely useless yet. (and no, I don't do the votes)

AFL Club
Geelong
I'd be more than happy if someone came along and put their hand up to play in the ruck, its bloody hard work at my age.

I was R/up in our B&F last year, so not completely useless yet. (and no, I don't do the votes)
Did you steal a girl off Fan at primary school mate? He doesn’t seem to like you very much. Hahahah

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thoughts at the halfway mark?

The odd straight kick separating teams 1-5, maroochy in a familiar position,
coll park could surprise a few in the back half,
a long year for UQ and Ormeau, who must surely be looking forward to Div 5 next year.

How many teams make the finals?

FAN THE MAN

Team Captain
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I watched the game Friday night between Zillmere and Woodsmen. Epic choke from Tommo's lads and Zillmere clearly have them rattled.

Pretty high standard of footy in the first half, then both teams get tired and show their age. Woodsmen kicked 5 of their 8 goals in the first 15 minutes!

AFL Club
Geelong
I watched the game Friday night between Zillmere and Woodsmen. Epic choke from Tommo's lads and Zillmere clearly have them rattled.

Pretty high standard of footy in the first half, then both teams get tired and show their age. Woodsmen kicked 5 of their 8 goals in the first 15 minutes!
Our average age is under 30. Only 8 players Friday are over 30. Fitness is more a result of not everyone being able to regularly train.

Top Bottom