Dinga_19

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Absolute joke of an umpire in the Aspley v Marcellin game. Very disappointing. At least 4 goals directly came from 50/100m penalties. Totally ruined the game.

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well done to the Redbacks, I was obviously wrong on most counts with that one.

Interesting to see the Magpies undefeated and top of the table, lust hurrah before they all depart for the Masters comp?

RMajor#22

Senior List
Apr 2, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Well done to the Redbacks, I was obviously wrong on most counts with that one.

Interesting to see the Magpies undefeated and top of the table, lust hurrah before they all depart for the Masters comp?

The team we played Friday night didn’t appear to be that ‘old’. Fair few young guys running around. Sad not to run into thommo but maybe next time.

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will Ormeau go 2 seasons without winning a game?

Will the Woodsmen/Magpies finally crack another flag with what appears to be a bit of an injection of youth?

Or are Zillmere just timing their run in Winx like fashion?

Mudsticks

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Will the Woodsmen/Magpies finally crack another flag with what appears to be a bit of an injection of youth?

Yes, maybe and could happen

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong

Winx has planned training, lead up runs and a great amount of funds to ensure she is right when they need her. We have been happy to get 22 on the field each week. It’s round 5, I couldn’t tell you what our side will look like in 2 weeks let alone finals time if we are still in the running.

The comp seems a lot more even this year, Mayne were super impressive, so we Morninsgide and we haven’t played Maroochydore, jimboomba or the Woodies yet. But results suggest it’s probably going to be hard just making the final 4 this year and there are 5 or 6 teams who will be in the mix.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
We've won 2 games by less than a straight kick. Could easily be 3 and 2.

We pretty much lost every close game we had for the last 2 years, so we were due a couple of close ones!

We've had a minimum of 6 changes every week, and had 11 changes from round 4 to round 5. So we couldn't judge our own form let alone anyone else's.

I've played 3 games myself, Morningside, Mayne and Maroochydoore. Despite what the results might say, I reckon Maroochydoore are easily the best team we've played this year. We just played particularly well and had about 80% of our best side in, as opposed to 50%.

I doubt we'll ever get above 80% such is the nature of Friday night footy, and I'm not sure we genuinely have any idea what our best 22 would look like if the planet's aligned and everyone was available in the same week anyway.

The headache at selection would barely be worth it I imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just as long as you keep getting a game hey Tommo? Will never be 100% while thats still happening...

King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Just as long as you keep getting a game hey Tommo? Will never be 100% while thats still happening...

Well it's obvious from your post you are neither a "fan" nor a "man".

Perhaps you should run with "I. M. A. Troll" instead.

What's the matter..... Someone done you wrong in a previous football life?

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd be more than happy if someone came along and put their hand up to play in the ruck, its bloody hard work at my age.

I was R/up in our B&F last year, so not completely useless yet. (and no, I don't do the votes)

Did you steal a girl off Fan at primary school mate? He doesn’t seem to like you very much. Hahahah

StillGotIt

All Australian
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thoughts at the halfway mark?

The odd straight kick separating teams 1-5, maroochy in a familiar position,
coll park could surprise a few in the back half,
a long year for UQ and Ormeau, who must surely be looking forward to Div 5 next year.

How many teams make the finals?

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I watched the game Friday night between Zillmere and Woodsmen. Epic choke from Tommo's lads and Zillmere clearly have them rattled.

Pretty high standard of footy in the first half, then both teams get tired and show their age. Woodsmen kicked 5 of their 8 goals in the first 15 minutes!

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I watched the game Friday night between Zillmere and Woodsmen. Epic choke from Tommo's lads and Zillmere clearly have them rattled.

Pretty high standard of footy in the first half, then both teams get tired and show their age. Woodsmen kicked 5 of their 8 goals in the first 15 minutes!

Our average age is under 30. Only 8 players Friday are over 30. Fitness is more a result of not everyone being able to regularly train.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our average age is under 30. Only 8 players Friday are over 30. Fitness is more a result of not everyone being able to regularly train.
Ours would be under 30 too at a guess, but probably not by much

there is no way this bloke watched the game though, when I walked off at the end there were about 5 people in the crowd and I knew every single one of them!

Agree on one thing, it was a frustrating loss! Last 4 games have been 2 point, 4 point, 1 point and 3 point losses!

Geez those umps give Longy an armchair ride ! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back