QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Really? I wasn't 100% sure, but thought it might be Top 5.

good to see Zillmere back at home, unsure why they weren't there already given we need night vision goggles at other venues in this competition, while Eagles have always had probably the best lights in the comp other than Ormeau.

I've been told many times by HQ that all finals will be Friday nights, so unsure where that leaves the Roos if they earn right to host a final. I doubt its practical to get up there on a Friday unless they start games after 8pm

Do you find the LED lights have a better light Longy? Think our club is considering them too.

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you find the LED lights have a better light Longy? Think our club is considering them too.

It’s different to the old ones. It’s bloody bright now, I liked the old ones we had, they were the halogen ones, they weren’t as full on when the ball is in the air and you look into them. Maintenance wise the LED are a heap cheaper and they last longer. And we have a fancy control panel that lets you use between 10% and 100% at any level depending on game/training etc. they also cost a heap less to run apparently. Overall they are the way to go I would say. We are just happy we will get to play at home the last 3 weeks, was looking a bit dicey for a while there.

StillGotIt

All Australian
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's the top 4 a lock then in div 4, with only a home final to fight over.

Would not fancy an away final v jimboomba or maroochydore on a friday night, tell you that for free.

And well done to the bulldogs too, terrific to see the hard work starting to pay off.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It’s different to the old ones. It’s bloody bright now, I liked the old ones we had, they were the halogen ones, they weren’t as full on when the ball is in the air and you look into them. Maintenance wise the LED are a heap cheaper and they last longer. And we have a fancy control panel that lets you use between 10% and 100% at any level depending on game/training etc. they also cost a heap less to run apparently. Overall they are the way to go I would say. We are just happy we will get to play at home the last 3 weeks, was looking a bit dicey for a while there.

Yeah have heard the led are bright. Think this is whats used at the new optus stadium in perth though could be wrong.
Think cost will outweigh some practicalities and probably should too.
Cheers

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
format is correct, but unless they put one division on the back oval at Coorparoo - I don't see how they have it at the same venue on same night

They tried to make it a Sat GF so it could be a double header, but obviously most clubs I assume weren't supportive!

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
What is the finals system, I would assume:

1v2, 3v4
Prelim
Granny

Would div 4 and 5 granny be the same place/same night?

Div 5 is a final 5. Which is another AFLQ mystery as both div 4 and 5 have the same number of teams. Div 5 GF is the weekend after the div 4 final. Div 4 is at Cooparoo, Div 5 GF is at Grange.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Haha. Yes that is very wierd!

On the flip side will a final with maroochy in be played on a friday night? Same logistical issues going other way of course. Organise a south bound accident..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denchy

Debutant
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah this post didn't age too well
Thought it was a fair question at the time of posting. Let’s not get ahead of yourself, your bottom of the ladder with a percentage of 32%. Congrats on your recent wins, let’s see how you go against Jimboomba next week, don’t think you’ll be posting next Friday evening.

dancingmongoose

Draftee
Jul 28, 2010
Victor Harbor
AFL Club
Gold Coast
And so that wraps up the season for us. Felt good to get back into playing footy again and it was great getting back into a bit of shape. 18 games across pre-season, regular season and Div 3 ressies isn't a bad effort for my first season of club footy. Mightn't have joined Ormeau if I'd known that they didn't win a game last year but it just made it sweeter once we finally got some wins on the board. Can't wait to get back out there next season.
Best of luck to the teams playing finals

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who wins Div 5, Aspley or Bribie?

Tough trip to Bribie on a Friday night for a final, though lucky its probably Aspley making that trip.

Would think the minor premiers in both grades the likely premiers due to home advantage and getting rests if they win first finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back