QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the go with bench sizes. Is it still the standard 4 or can you have an extended bench in these comps?

how many senior players did you use on Friday night Tommo?

5 goal wins over Zillmere don't come around too often

Noticed runner up Senior B&F Luca Winton was playing - although in fairness he had been overseas. Maybe playing into some shape. Handy addition to have though.

Just noticed on Facebook Narangba have pulled out of div 5 altogether, because their players haven’t paid their fees before round 1? Is there a senior club in Australia that has every player paid up before round 1? Comp now down to 7 with a bye?

One. Luca Winton, and no we won't see him again.

Been in Europe, hasn't played and needed a run. Despite it not breaching any rules, I still notified AFLQ in advance and told them he'd be playing.

We also had about 6 others out and hadn't played a single practice match, and about 6 blokes were introducing themselves before the bounce.

Zillmere much the same, we've always been similar groups.

Are you serious Longy? That sucks! I think every club I have been at it’s a threat to get 70% in. They mustn’t have had faith they would get it in over next 3 and a half weeks as round one is that far away!! Stacking Thommo, can’t beleive you mate!! Ha ha! Like the Devils from 2018!! 🙄🙄

Are you serious Longy? That sucks! I think every club I have been at it’s a threat to get 70% in. They mustn’t have had faith they would get it in over next 3 and a half weeks as round one is that far away!! Stacking Thommo, can’t beleive you mate!! Ha ha! Like the Devils from 2018!! 🙄🙄

Most blokes have paid up. But there are always a couple of slackers with a few dollars owing. Been like this at every club I’ve been at

Just noticed on Facebook Narangba have pulled out of div 5 altogether, because their players haven’t paid their fees before round 1? Is there a senior club in Australia that has every player paid up before round 1? Comp now down to 7 with a bye?

what a bunch of flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W
wow. That’s called a line in the sand approach!! Tough when it impacts on other clubs too.

I hope they get smashed with a huge fine to the tune of competition fees. completely wrecks the year for other clubs, and all the players at those clubs who are coughing up fees (slowly no doubt!)

Good on em. How many times have clubs been broken or taken years to come back from the brink due to weak leadership and guys taking the piss on paying what they owe.

Round 1 is 3 weeks away and they want full registration paid up? Never heard something so absurd.

Instead of just being given a new club license, hopefully the league put things in place to ensure any new club is required to have at least uniforms, training gear and some money in the bank before they are given a green light. There is no sustainability in starting a new club and relying solely on players rego money to fund a brand new senior club. There will be an obvious outlay from the club originally if they are serious. Ridiculous really that a few weeks out from a season they didn’t even have jerseys ordered. If they ordered with Tribal they would of had to wait months to get their gear, plenty of clubs still waiting on orders due weeks ago. Running a senior club is not like running a junior club. I think it would of been great to have anoitber Northside option for Friday’s but, hopefully next year they can make it happen.

What ya thoughts on the pirates longy are they gunna be to good or have they lost a fair few.score line suggests you took it up to em?

What ya thoughts on the pirates longy are they gunna be to good or have they lost a fair few.score line suggests you took it up to em?

I honestly can’t see them losing a game. They still have a few to come back, but there core group are all in their 20’s, skilful and obviously experienced training and playing at a high level opposed to div 4 footy. We went with them in patches of the game, but I think they were running about 60% most of the night, and then cranked it up to 80% in the last quarter.

Talking to Blocker and a few players you really do feel for them, they don’t want to be in div 4 and sounded like they went to the league with several contingency plans to stay with Saturday footy and were told the league would work with them, but didn’t want to give any possibilities a chance.

Passfield and Tommy O alone in the midfield are a class above what we normally see in this comp, their forward line has two genuine key forwards, their defence is quality as well. At 37, im certainly feeling it today trying to chase these blokes around.

The game was played in great spirits and I found the pirates people to all be a nice bunch, players were hard but fair. Next week will probably tell where they are at against jimboomba, Guisey and the boys will take it up to them, I just think the depth of the pirates will be a bit much for everyone in div 4.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back