QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough that was the thinking ,if they held on to a few they probably be to good,few of the Sandgate boys obviously stayed loyal to club which is a credit to em,it’s a hard one players like that in that div but what ya do,that’s the way the cookie crumbled I suppose , it’s a long year ya never know what can happen.

Fair enough that was the thinking ,if they held on to a few they probably be to good,few of the Sandgate boys obviously stayed loyal to club which is a credit to em,it’s a hard one players like that in that div but what ya do,that’s the way the cookie crumbled I suppose , it’s a long year ya never know what can happen.

Yeah I think the Sandgate boys there all stayed after everything that went on to stick with the club, all great young fellas. Made me feel very old but

Laughable that Park Ridge buy a division 2 premiership. Win the flag. Sook their way back to div 4. Now will flog every team week in week out. That club is a joke. Run by a joke.

Laughable that Park Ridge buy a division 2 premiership. Win the flag. Sook their way back to div 4. Now will flog every team week in week out. That club is a joke. Run by a joke.

How exactly did they “sook their way back to div 4” ?

They wanted to stay in div 1

I was pretty supportive of the old Pirates despite having a few digs at my old sparring partner Blocker over the years, but I've subsequenbtly heard from plenty of sources some people in high places were quite happy to go back to Div 4 to free up their saturdays due to other footy viewing preferences in 2019.

I was pretty supportive of the old Pirates despite having a few digs at my old sparring partner Blocker over the years, but I've subsequenbtly heard from plenty of sources some people in high places were quite happy to go back to Div 4 to free up their saturdays due to other footy viewing preferences in 2019.

False, everything was tried to stay in div 1, a club wouldn’t approach another club for a 12 month merger or appoint a coach that was only interested in coaching div 1 or higher (as evident by the fact he is now coaching a qafl reserves side) if they had every intention to just drop back to div 4. If you are referring to the 3 young ex park ridge kids trying their hand at a higher level blocker had very publicly stated that he was happy to split his time between watching the kids play QAFL and watching Park Ridge.

Situation isn’t ideal and I think everyone agrees including those at Park Ridge. The fact that almost all of the 2018 recruits have stuck around to play in div 4 shows that the problem wouldn’t have been fielding a competitive div 1 senior side.

As has been pointed out and beaten to death in the other forums, what 2’s side wants to travel 3 hours plus round trip 3 times a year to be belted by 200 plus points plus struggle to win a game all year. Find me a salesman that can sell that message successfully to a group of young (mainly 16 to 25 yr olds) men and I will hire them on the spot.

I know this won’t be the last time it’s brought up but at least for now let’s move on and talk about the round ahead.

Park Ridge in a close one over Jimboomba
Yeronga by 5 goals over Uni
Woodsmen by 8 over Collingwood Park
Morningside by 4 goals over Mayne
Zillmere to upset Maroochydore by 5 points

False, everything was tried to stay in div 1, a club wouldn’t approach another club for a 12 month merger or appoint a coach that was only interested in coaching div 1 or higher (as evident by the fact he is now coaching a qafl reserves side) if they had every intention to just drop back to div 4. If you are referring to the 3 young ex park ridge kids trying their hand at a higher level blocker had very publicly stated that he was happy to split his time between watching the kids play QAFL and watching Park Ridge.

Situation isn’t ideal and I think everyone agrees including those at Park Ridge. The fact that almost all of the 2018 recruits have stuck around to play in div 4 shows that the problem wouldn’t have been fielding a competitive div 1 senior side.

As has been pointed out and beaten to death in the other forums, what 2’s side wants to travel 3 hours plus round trip 3 times a year to be belted by 200 plus points plus struggle to win a game all year. Find me a salesman that can sell that message successfully to a group of young (mainly 16 to 25 yr olds) men and I will hire them on the spot.

I know this won’t be the last time it’s brought up but at least for now let’s move on and talk about the round ahead.

Park Ridge in a close one over Jimboomba
Yeronga by 5 goals over Uni
Woodsmen by 8 over Collingwood Park
Morningside by 4 goals over Mayne
Zillmere to upset Maroochydore by 5 points
There must not be much loyalty there if all the twos leave because of the club going up a division? It happens to most clubs when they go up.

Saw the Pres’ son kicked a few and was named in the best for morningside’s seniors on the weekend. Very impressive.

Never got the potting of park ridge. You can’t buy the culture I saw on show at the Granny last year. A bunch of good honest people passionate about footy and their club.

especially if you can swtich clubs at will and plays 1s in Div 2 or 3.

Hit the nail on the head Fan. Can't help but think if Buffs win Div 2 this year they will be in same boat.

So much for the big review at end of year. No team gets relegated from Div 1 in 2019 and winner of Div 2 goes up.

Last in Div 2 goes back to Div 3 and the 2 x Grand Finalist both get promoted from Div 3 to Div 2.

Not sure any of the above solves the numbers issues for Ressies players on Saturday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hit the nail on the head Fan. Can't help but think if Buffs win Div 2 this year they will be in same boat.

So much for the big review at end of year. No team gets relegated from Div 1 in 2019 and winner of Div 2 goes up.

Last in Div 2 goes back to Div 3 and the 2 x Grand Finalist both get promoted from Div 3 to Div 2.

Not sure any of the above solves the numbers issues for Ressies players on Saturday?

No one in Div 2 is getting relegated either I believe, as I think AFLQ will want 10 in Div2 as well as Div1,

9 currently in the comp with 1 promotion and 2 from the Div 3 comp will give Div2 10 teams

Pretty sure this isn’t all set in concrete especially with the top 2 from div 3 being promoted, I was at a meeting earlier in the year along with representatives from all clubs and I can tell you now if parkridge were to lodge an application for div 2 and aflq went Through and thought it Looked like a potential div 2 grandfinal/premiership team there is a possibility they could start back in div 2 and miss div3 completely and that come straight from AFLQ

Review is underway and all Div 1 - 3 clubs would have received info on Fri as to where it is at and opportunity for input.

Pretty sure this isn’t all set in concrete especially with the top 2 from div 3 being promoted, I was at a meeting earlier in the year along with representatives from all clubs and I can tell you now if parkridge were to lodge an application for div 2 and aflq went Through and thought it Looked like a potential div 2 grandfinal/premiership team there is a possibility they could start back in div 2 and miss div3 completely and that come straight from AFLQ

Makes sense for Park Ridge to be the second team slotted back into Div 2 if they have a similar team to the premiership team. The step up from Div 3 to Div 2 isn't too bad with both Carrara and Victoria Point doing quite well in that comp. Just the jump from Div 2 to Div 1 seems to be a bigger one especially for the ressies players. I personally like the Promotion/Relegation System but maybe there needs to be a qualification for the Div 2 Premiers to be sent up to Div 1 such as both Seniors/Reserves of that particular team making their respected GFs or if the wooden spoon team of Div 1 has more than 4 wins in its season, then they wont be releglated back into div 2.
Problem was Yeronga needed to go down a division which forced Park Ridge to go up.
Hopefully they dont change the system too much next year

Makes sense for Park Ridge to be the second team slotted back into Div 2 if they have a similar team to the premiership team. The step up from Div 3 to Div 2 isn't too bad with both Carrara and Victoria Point doing quite well in that comp. Just the jump from Div 2 to Div 1 seems to be a bigger one especially for the ressies players. I personally like the Promotion/Relegation System but maybe there needs to be a qualification for the Div 2 Premiers to be sent up to Div 1 such as both Seniors/Reserves of that particular team making their respected GFs or if the wooden spoon team of Div 1 has more than 4 wins in its season, then they wont be releglated back into div 2.
Problem was Yeronga needed to go down a division which forced Park Ridge to go up.
Hopefully they dont change the system too much next year

Makes a lot of sense BeerNsteak but the options nothing like that by the looks. Not sure everyone will be in agreeance on any one option, but at least it is out there.

I think a lot of Pirates boys settling into Friday night footy and getting their weekends back which was always going to be a danger. May not be in a hurry to get back to Saturday footy.

Makes a lot of sense BeerNsteak but the options nothing like that by the looks. Not sure everyone will be in agreeance on any one option, but at least it is out there.

I think a lot of Pirates boys settling into Friday night footy and getting their weekends back which was always going to be a danger. May not be in a hurry to get back to Saturday footy.

Once you’ve had black (skies) you never go back

Have they hinted the direction they are going? What are the options?
The three years is up, they usually change the system significantly by next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back