QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

To be completely honest as bad as it sounds I thought the margin last night could have been as much as 200. The boys dug in and had a crack all night and everybody took something/learnt something from being out there with a quality quality side. Margin was never an issue or focus for us just wanted to put together 4 quarters of effort and not give up which all the boys did. Great night against the park ridge lads played in good spirit and we look forward to the next game where we can hopefully put together a better performance from the things we have taken from the game as a group.

Thats a fair comment , yes new coach ( **** Bloke )
yes back to div 5 , and havnt had a great start all correct , will be better in coming weeks

Just remember reading an article in local paper before start of season where new coach had a parting shot at previous coach about club culture.

I thought looking at results last year in Div 4 they were on the improve. Looks like they have gone backwards considering they have dropped to easier Division than last year.

Just an observation?

allegedly did a fair bit of recruiting too, but not getting them anywhere

Div 4 standard has gone through the roof, which can be expected when a couple of Div 1 and Div 2 clubs senior sides suddenly enter the fray

Yeah we haven't had the best start to the season. Unlucky to lose in round 1, another close one in round two so aside from last week we actually haven't been too far off and could easily have been sitting on 2-1. We've had a massive turnover of players with a lot of outs plus a few season ending injuries already so we're still learning to gel together as a team. Our best footy is hopefully just around the corner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how much effort are people making to get a side together? I love the Zillmere lads, but surely you can cobble together 18-20 blokes rather than forfeit?

I know we had 16 to go to Maroochy on Saturday, then had some help from Ipswich Cats and some guys that played 2s for Jindalee against Nambour drove over to help get the 22 together.

Redbacks probably had a decent day planned and just get their senior game called off, loss of bar/canteen revenue cause the oppo just decide they don't want to play?

how much effort are people making to get a side together? I love the Zillmere lads, but surely you can cobble together 18-20 blokes rather than forfeit?

I know we had 16 to go to Maroochy on Saturday, then had some help from Ipswich Cats and some guys that played 2s for Jindalee against Nambour drove over to help get the 22 together.

Redbacks probably had a decent day planned and just get their senior game called off, loss of bar/canteen revenue cause the oppo just decide they don't want to play?

The Maroochydore game we had 12 blokes available. We asked Sandgate for some help as they had a bye but they were only able to provide us with 2 players. It may have been easier to get players from opposition clubs to help out if the game was at Zillmere but they weren’t going to put their hands up to drive in Friday night traffic up the coast.

It’s been difficult for us the last month or so because we have quite a few injuries and blokes working away. We started the game against Park Ridge with 17 before losing one of our midfielders about 5 minutes in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just a quick question how would the Div 5 teams compare to the Div 4 teams this year?

We played the cats this year in a trail match at pretty much full strength and only got up by 10 points. Another 10-15 minutes they would have got us. They are the bottom end of div 5 and we are bottom end of div 4.. So maybe the top div 5 teams would go alright and be more competitive in some matches than we have been this year.

The Maroochydore game we had 12 blokes available. We asked Sandgate for some help as they had a bye but they were only able to provide us with 2 players. It may have been easier to get players from opposition clubs to help out if the game was at Zillmere but they weren’t going to put their hands up to drive in Friday night traffic up the coast.

yeah fair enough, we were lucky that Jindalee sent us 3 who had been playing 2s at Nambour

quiet in here. Redbacks the flag favourites?

Think it's very open Fan. Pirates have had stack of injuries which has brought them back to the field and both Maroochydore and Woodies coming good at right time.

Think it's now very open but Redbacks probably favourites based on Pirates injuries, but think it's anybody's flag really.

quiet in here. Redbacks the flag favourites?

Park Ridge still favourites in my book. Most years the last 4-5 weeks in the cold of winter see some up and down results. With two games to go, all the talent starts to become available again and the cream rises to the top before finals. I still think they have too many young and talented players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back