QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

quiet in here. Redbacks the flag favourites?

I would still be backing park ridge. I don’t think they have truely put the foot down for 4 quarters all year. Even if you look at some of the result against other top teams they have coasted through games and put it on in the last quarter to get the job done. Each time we played them it seemed like at no point they even tried. Injuries havnt helped them lately but I think they will come good for finals and get the job done. Hard to count out the redbacks though.

Great to see Moro back umpiring last night at Yeronga after a recent stroke. One of the good blokes and still probably one of the best umpires.

Great see clubs like Collingwood Park, Zillmere, Yeronga being competitive at the end of season. Not many blow outs towards end of season

Will be interesting to see how the Friday Night Competitions shape up next year with restructure.

Great to see Moro back umpiring last night at Yeronga after a recent stroke. One of the good blokes and still probably one of the best umpires.

Great see clubs like Collingwood Park, Zillmere, Yeronga being competitive at the end of season. Not many blow outs towards end of season

Will be interesting to see how the Friday Night Competitions shape up next year with restructure.

Pirates be part of it again?

Why would that be still me? Would have thought a geographical comp helps a bit ?

More from recruitment SMY. Hard to get players when everyone dipping into same well and playing in same competition.

Really we need to get Colts going first and foremost to feed our seniors group. Need time to get that pathway sorted.

Essentially if you don't have your juniors/youth base sorted and Colts you won't survive.

Not saying I don't agree with changes but the points system also nearly makes it impossible for new teams unless they are a solid junior club coming through. Reckon if clubs not strategically planning now it will be at your demise especially clubs with no juniors.

Just my personal view mate.

anyone thats been there for 1 year will be a 1 pointer in the first season the points system comes in, so that rubbish tommo.

Those 22 players that have come from local junior clubs will all be 1 pointers in their 2nd season at their new senior club.

Not sure it's getting any better Dougie at Ormeau? Apparently only 4 at training last week?

How has it turned so bad this year?

Reckon there going a bit better Andy, can’t change 3 wins in 2 years over night.

Will be interested next year I reckon.

What div will the park ridge roosters play in ?

Massive achievement for Ormeau this round.
  • First time winning consecutive games
  • Highest team score (127) and first time scoring over 100
  • Biggest winning margin (101)
A performance like that has been a long time coming, while I was hoping we'd make finals this season I couldn't be prouder of the team

Massive achievement for Ormeau this round.
  • First time winning consecutive games
  • Highest team score (127) and first time scoring over 100
  • Biggest winning margin (101)
A performance like that has been a long time coming, while I was hoping we'd make finals this season I couldn't be prouder of the team

Well done mate! Hard to keep showing up week in week out but when you get a game over the line it’s all worth it! Start the build for next season on a high!

Reckon there going a bit better Andy, can’t change 3 wins in 2 years over night.

Will be interested next year I reckon.

What div will the park ridge roosters play in ?

Nicko, didn't they win 2 games in Div 4 last year? Just thought going down a Div and all the preseason articles might have performed a little better?

No disrespect to Ormeau as I know how hard it is to start a club from scratch. But they have good junior base so they will eventually get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done mate! Hard to keep showing up week in week out but when you get a game over the line it’s all worth it! Start the build for next season on a high!

must have been good to finish the year with a win over Zillmere?

they would have handed out some beltings to you guys iver the years

must have been good to finish the year with a win over Zillmere?

they would have handed out some beltings to you guys iver the years

Was the first time we’ve ever beaten them. Had many belting from Zillmere but that’s not much different to what all the other tops teams do to us.

Was a special game for us having one of our young guys passed away 5 days before the game. Credit to Cam Colvin and Zillmere for helping/being apart of a few things pre game to say goodbye to our lost mate the best way we knew how.

Wasn’t our best year but good to end on a high.

What’s everybody’s picks for this weekend? Ironic to see Maroochydore making the trip to jimboomba this year in the reverse of last years fixture.

Watched the game on Friday, surprised by the skill level. Gone through the roof in Div 4 this year. That was a seriously good game of footy.

Big bloke up front was the difference kicking a lazy 6, several of them from the paint. Though he did get great delivery. Kidding yaself giving yourself bog tommo, plenty of hitouts sure - but barely got a kick !

Watched the game on Friday, surprised by the skill level. Gone through the roof in Div 4 this year. That was a seriously good game of footy.

Big bloke up front was the difference kicking a lazy 6, several of them from the paint. Though he did get great delivery. Kidding yaself giving yourself bog tommo, plenty of hitouts sure - but barely got a kick !

Thommo isn’t the type to give himself best on. Woodies like some other teams more often than not throw in a random/not entirely accurate top 6. If you’ve got a jet or some handy players why let the rest of the league no about them if they are relatively unknown. With that being said you might have poked the bear. Watch the old man turn it on this Friday!

haha, I can assure you we are not that strategic. Our Top 6 is essentially our B&F voting, so if someone could be bothered - they could tally our B&F before the night (but I doubt anyone ever has)

I have nothing to do with the voting , but it is nice to poll for only the 2nd or 3rd time this year!

Did only get a few kicks, but I did tell our mids I should charge for that sort of service :p:D:tearsofjoy:

What’s everyone’s tips for the weekend?

Maroochydore at home surely has to be a completely different beast than what was rolled out at Jimboomba.

Can the Redbacks beat the Pirates. With they way they’ve been playing I’m not sure if they or the Pirates deserve the Underdog tag

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are those scores right?

Woodsmen 0.4 - 4 at 3/4 time then 5.4 to 1 goal in the last?

Lost regardless, but thats just weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back