QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont see why you are all whinging about 6 & 8 team comp, makes a whole lot more sense than having 14 teams in one comp, would be an absolute mess as there would be massacres every week. You need a two tier structure to sort the strong teams from the weaker ones. Of course with that structure you will need a test year (2017) to sort out who's going to be strong and who's weak.

Friday night will become huge I foresee! Good times!

There were a few floggings last year, but there are floggings in every single comp. not every side will be a finals side. Playing 5 sides 3 times and one 4 times is a joke. What happens if two of the sides on this 6 team comp aren't great? The final 4 is settled after 5 rounds and it's a giant waste of time waiting for finals to role around. It's a joke to say a 6 team comp is a good thing.

Last edited:
So from all this I expect to not be able to get in the car park at HQ Tuesday night due to the protest and riot numbers?? Surely the clubs paying have the ultimate say? 14 teams, play each other once, top 6 finals series and a bottom 8 finals series. Done....

So from all this I expect to not be able to get in the car park at HQ Tuesday night due to the protest and riot numbers?? Surely the clubs paying have the ultimate say? 14 teams, play each other once, top 6 finals series and a bottom 8 finals series. Done....
I'd suggest just a top 8 finals series. As for the protests and riots, the Trump protests achieved nothing, so there is no way in hell AFLQ would consider change !!

Not sure tail wagging the dog is ever a good thing. It's one year.

Here he is!! He is alive ! Long time no type Mighty!

Nah disagree, I'd rather player teams more than once to work out where the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition are, the ring ins they call upon when needing the win etc.

Also this helps build relationships with other clubs and despite what other muppets have said creates a fairer playing field by separating historically 'strong' and historically 'weak' teams.

So in saying you are happy with a 14 team comp, you are saying you would be happy to face Dickfos, Fitzgibbon (if rumours are true) et al and other "1 team" clubs against our thirds squad (players ranked 60-110) at the devils? Unfair and not good for the development of the game, keep the 1 team clubs separate where possible.

Nah disagree, I'd rather player teams more than once to work out where the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition are, the ring ins they call upon when needing the win etc.

Also this helps build relationships with other clubs and despite what other muppets have said creates a fairer playing field by separating historically 'strong' and historically 'weak' teams.

So in saying you are happy with a 14 team comp, you are saying you would be happy to face Dickfos, Fitzgibbon (if rumours are true) et al and other "1 team" clubs against our thirds squad (players ranked 60-110) at the devils? Unfair and not good for the development of the game, keep the 1 team clubs separate where possible.

3rds team like UQ, Western Magpies (Woodies), Sandgate and morningside? 4/6 teams in div 4 are 3rds sides.

there are more '1 team clubs' in Div 5 than there are in Div 4.

C'mon guys, everyone knows the catalyst for splitting the comp was a certain senior AFLQ employee playing for Yeronga last year and being on the end of a few hidings (ignoring the fact that Yeronga were in the GF only 2 seasons previously!)

Div 4: 2 out of 6 teams are 'seniors'

Div 5: 4 out of 8 teams are 'seniors'

I heard around the traps that Div 5 was created as a pathway for new teams, yet a new team has gone straight into Div 4 off the bat and a team that played finals in 2016 is in Div 5...!

from what I hear of Mighty Pirate and his extensive recruiting, said individual may struggle for a game this year!

Yeronga and Collingwood Park I'm hearing will be stronger than a few Div 4 sides...

C'mon guys, everyone knows the catalyst for splitting the comp was a certain senior AFLQ employee playing for Yeronga last year and being on the end of a few hidings (ignoring the fact that Yeronga were in the GF only 2 seasons previously!)

Div 4: 2 out of 6 teams are 'seniors'

Div 5: 4 out of 8 teams are 'seniors'

I heard around the traps that Div 5 was created as a pathway for new teams, yet a new team has gone straight into Div 4 off the bat and a team that played finals in 2016 is in Div 5...!
i spoke to a fella from the new team that's heading straight into div4 and they asked for this with a view to promotion the following season

from what I hear of Mighty Pirate and his extensive recruiting, said individual may struggle for a game this year!

Yeronga and Collingwood Park I'm hearing will be stronger than a few Div 4 sides...

Now there's a man with his finger on the pulse! He's also acquired a whiteboard and markers over the summer I hear!

He's also a wanted man in the following postcodes: QLD 4125

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about yeronga but we are much weaker than last year. Have lost quite a few players and only have 23 blokes at this stage. 5 of those are between 17-19 year old and have never played footy.

Not sure about yeronga but we are much weaker than last year. Have lost quite a few players and only have 23 blokes at this stage. 5 of those are between 17-19 year old and have never played footy.

Don't clubs submit a list of 30 to even be registered to compete?

So you sit on here like a keyboard warrior complaining about AFLQ and the competition structure, yet don't even bother turning up to the meeting where you could debate it with AFLQ?

gutless - Tommo

I don't think my presence or otherwise was suddenly going to reverse the decision to split the competition. The guys at AFLQ are more than aware of my thoughts on this, so there was going to be no new information from me on that front.

I was scheduled to be there, despite it being halfway to Cleveland at 8pm on a Monday night. However, my wife plays netball on Monday, usually at 630, but this time 730 - so i wad unable to make it, as someone has to look after my 4 children... i even tried to get a sitter, but they couldn't be there on time.

Its hard work trying to volunteer your time at a footy club in addition to running a business and raising a family ( and watching the Aussies lose the upper hand in Bangalore).

Thanks for your concern - but I fart in your general direction...

So you sit on here like a keyboard warrior complaining about AFLQ and the competition structure, yet don't even bother turning up to the meeting where you could debate it with AFLQ?

gutless - Tommo

That a boy, encourage a bloke that works his clacker off to keep a team on the field as well as supporting other teams in competition.

NFi QAFL. Wonder why club's are in turmoil when that's the respect you show blokes that keep the competition alive for you to have your useless comments.

That a boy, encourage a bloke that works his clacker off to keep a team on the field as well as supporting other teams in competition.

NFi QAFL. Wonder why club's are in turmoil when that's the respect you show blokes that keep the competition alive for you to have your useless comments.
Couldn't agree more. It's easy to sit on the side do nothing and bag others.
It's this type of criticism that makes volunteers leave.
Here's a thought maybe you could go and help him out.
But what I have found over the years is that those who bag people who do something never put themselves in a position to be criticized themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back