QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

This has to be the best comment! they beat Ipswich by a point so that in itself means they would not be challenging for a flag on Saturdays as ippy will be lucky to play finals even with it being a top 8. Be a few sides in div 3 that would have different ideas on this breaking a sweat! Pac must be 1.10 to fold next year when they loose all these guns to some other one hit wonder!

Please mate, please stop crying about it :(

You getting on board for the easy cup? I'm sure they can carry a ******* to make you feel good?

You bet your big cry baby ass I am. Full forward for me, probably kick 120 - 150 goals with lace out lasers coming allllllllll day.

This has to be the best comment! they beat Ipswich by a point so that in itself means they would not be challenging for a flag on Saturdays as ippy will be lucky to play finals even with it being a top 8. Be a few sides in div 3 that would have different ideas on this breaking a sweat! Pac must be 1.10 to fold next year when they loose all these guns to some other one hit wonder!

Ipswich wouldn't beat Woodsmen, Redbacks, Roos, Siders or Zillmere anyway.

Is there any hope in Friday night teams having seniors and reserves? Understandably scheduling would be an issue but this is obviously a growing time slot with some teams having 40-50 players already. Mt Gravatt wanted to field 2 Friday night teams this season be interested to know why they weren’t able to.

Is there any hope in Friday night teams having seniors and reserves? Understandably scheduling would be an issue but this is obviously a growing time slot with some teams having 40-50 players already. Mt Gravatt wanted to field 2 Friday night teams this season be interested to know why they weren’t able to.

Nope they’ll be sent to Saturday

We asked to do it this year as we have a lot of players. Enough for two teams. We wanted to use it as a stepping stone back to Saturday footy, and to make sure everyone who wanted to play footy could play footy. We also have a lot of players who can only play Fridays, so some of the players who don’t get a game just won’t get to play some weeks. Not sure how a team in div 3 and 4 is a bad thing. Although the div 4 team would be thankful they didn’t have to come up against the Pac pines juggernaut.

Were you told that you're not allowed?

We are in similar boat. Will have 10 kids miss Colts selection this week, 15-20 miss reserves and with our own list of Woodies we want to keep, not sure where they all go.

Were you told that you're not allowed?

We are in similar boat. Will have 10 kids miss Colts selection this week, 15-20 miss reserves and with our own list of Woodies we want to keep, not sure where they all go.
Be a shame to lose players because they can’t get a kick on a Friday night, I think for clubs who have goals of getting back to Saturday footy this should be looked at, I’m sure Yeronga would have appreciated the opportunity last year. For clubs that are an outright Friday night team and have been for a while it is an attainable goal.

Not sure logistically a ressies and seniors would work, but 2 teams would IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a club has Seniors and Reserves on a Saturday, plus a Friday night team - then having a 2nd Friday nigth team shouldn't be allowed.

However, clubs like Zillmere or Jimboomba who might have long term aspirations to play Saturday footy - they should be able to add a Div 4 team if they want as its the logical step towards 2 teams on Saturday. Though logisically it would be hard as they would play in a different place every week. 2 sets of coaches and volunteers required.

Tommo, if Sherwood have 8 colts missing, 20 ressies missing and a Woodsmen team that are full - then you should be pushing them to all of your surrounding clubs who have their best talent going to you all the time. You don't need to keep everyone!

If a club has Seniors and Reserves on a Saturday, plus a Friday night team - then having a 2nd Friday nigth team shouldn't be allowed.

However, clubs like Zillmere or Jimboomba who might have long term aspirations to play Saturday footy - they should be able to add a Div 4 team if they want as its the logical step towards 2 teams on Saturday. Though logisically it would be hard as they would play in a different place every week. 2 sets of coaches and volunteers required.

Tommo, if Sherwood have 8 colts missing, 20 ressies missing and a Woodsmen team that are full - then you should be pushing them to all of your surrounding clubs who have their best talent going to you all the time. You don't need to keep everyone!
Not sure pushing players to a surrounding club is what you want. Why couldn’t a team that has Saturday’s full and Big Friday night numbers have 2 teams?

Not sure pushing players to a surrounding club is what you want. Why couldn’t a team that has Saturday’s full and Big Friday night numbers have 2 teams?

It’s a tough situation. I know from our point of view we have 70 on our books heading into Round 1 this week. So we potentially are telling 20 blokes they can’t get a game this week. It’s incredibly tough because these guys have no other option to play anywhere. Friday night teams are bulging. We are trying to keep them engaged because I have no doubt they will play at some stage but it’s keeping them interested long enough.
As a club we have already decided that we will add a Friday night team in next year as well as our 2 Saturday teams, but keeping the overflow this year will be a juggle as they’ll be assured a game next year. We also know that we need at least 80+ players on our books to make 3 teams viable. As it stands now even with our numbers right now we will be scratching come June and I’ll be pulling the boots on.
It’s a tough situation but it’s great that so many Queenslanders are keen have a kick of a real footy

Div 4 should grow nicely.

the problem with Div 3 is the standard is far too good for people new to the game to just roll up an have a kick.

we do send players to other clubs, not everyone wants to go though.

Not like we deliberately hoard all these players so they don't get a game.

Jimboomba are looking at Saturday footy and nearly had enough numbers to get 2 teams on the park and enough to field a colts side for 2021.

I can see merit in having a div 3 & div 4 side to help as a stepping stone to keep numbers at a club.

But what does that look like when you have blokes going from Div 4 to div 2 reserves ? That’s a decent jump

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jimboomba are looking at Saturday footy and nearly had enough numbers to get 2 teams on the park and enough to field a colts side for 2021.

I can see merit in having a div 3 & div 4 side to help as a stepping stone to keep numbers at a club.

But what does that look like when you have blokes going from Div 4 to div 2 reserves ? That’s a decent jump

Div 4 is not a big jump to div 2 reserves I can’t think of an example where a div 2 reserves team would smash a div 4 team.

Div 2 ressies is probably the same standard as div 4. Other than Pac Pines who are better than some Div 1 teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back