QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodged a bullet them not coming in to div 3 no doubt about it.
We should see Jimboomba in div 2 North in 2022 then
Why does Saturday have to be the goal for a team like Jimboomba. The success of the club and attracting new players to footy could be the lure of playing Friday nights, why shouldn’t teams be aiming to have 2 Friday night teams? My issue is the jump from one Friday night team to two Saturday teams is very tough when often players opt to play in this league because of family/ work or they are bald like me!

Why does Saturday have to be the goal for a team like Jimboomba. The success of the club and attracting new players to footy could be the lure of playing Friday nights, why shouldn’t teams be aiming to have 2 Friday night teams? My issue is the jump from one Friday night team to two Saturday teams is very tough when often players opt to play in this league because of family/ work or they are bald like me!

Fair point you raise. I think those discussions need to be had by the powers to be at each football club, with their playing group. If they were looking to move up to div 2 and field the 2 teams then they would have to make sure the existing playing group are on onboard with the idea.

As mentioned previously, there’s a large % of blokes that can only play fridays because of work , family , other commitments etc.

Just need to get AFLQ onboard with the idea that clubs can support 2 x Friday night teams. Would obviously need to be policed so sides weren’t being stacked etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it’s not far away that we end up with single team Saturday’s. if it’s known at start of season you have a bye in Ressies is that a big thing. Only issue is when teams get drawn to play them twice could be disadvantage?

Plus I suppose home revenue. I know a few years back when Sunny Coast teams travelling to Brisbane they always struggled to fill their Ressies.

Just think it may be a thing in the future but also could be miles off the mark.

Div 2 ressies is probably the same standard as div 4. Other than Pac Pines who are better than some Div 1 teams

Longy is like that little kid in school who picks on the other kid because he secretly loves them and doesn’t want anyone to know.

Time to move on from the Pac Pines thing mate, no matter how much you (and I mean you and Morro, 2 guys that have 0 to do with our club) continue to pump our tyres we have 0 reason to think we are any better than anyone in our own division let alone divisions above.

surely it’s not a diversion away from the 15 player announcements I seen your boys make this year is it ?

only time will tell won’t It ?

Longy is like that little kid in school who picks on the other kid because he secretly loves them and doesn’t want anyone to know.

Time to move on from the Pac Pines thing mate, no matter how much you (and I mean you and Morro, 2 guys that have 0 to do with our club) continue to pump our tyres we have 0 reason to think we are any better than anyone in our own division let alone divisions above.

surely it’s not a diversion away from the 15 player announcements I seen your boys make this year is it ?

I heard Morro already wrote out an acceptance speech for you for after the grand final when you have won by 179 points and Morro is Norm Smith medalist

Might need to be a Pac Pines v Zillmere match to settle this feud 👀

Any reports from the matches last night?
mayne v zillmere (Longy)
Ormeau v PAC pines (NickP1966/KP4)
Sherwood v Hinterland (Thommo)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any reports from the matches last night?
mayne v zillmere (Longy)
Ormeau v PAC pines (NickP1966/KP4)
Sherwood v Hinterland (Thommo)

Good hit out at Ormeau.
Both teams missing a lot of players from best 22 I know Ormeau we’re not full strength and we will have about 12 come in to our side for round 1 including our entire leadership group. We got up by about 35 points in the end.

was good to finally get a full hit out.
heard zilmere knocked over mayne by about 100.

Good hit out at Ormeau.
Both teams missing a lot of players from best 22 I know Ormeau we’re not full strength and we will have about 12 come in to our side for round 1 including our entire leadership group. We got up by about 35 points in the end.

Good hit out at Ormeau.

Beat last years premiers by 6 goals with 12 players to come back into your starting 22, I’d say you know where you stand in div 4 now lol.

Beat last years premiers by 6 goals with 12 players to come back into your starting 22, I’d say you know where you stand in div 4 now lol.

Non the wiser. Ormeau had 6 of their premiership players on the park, from all accounts they are a completely new squad from last year. So can’t really go on that.

We are glad we got a hit out leading into round 1 Longy’s boys that’s a massive win mate.

We played Hinterland senior side (no doubt a few missing). Given no umpires and no scoreboard, it was a decent hitout with both teams probably getting something out of it.

No idea how many we had out as wouldn't have a clue what our best side is and who we have anyway.

If I had to guess, they kicked around 18-20 goals and we kicked about 8-10. Much more even in first half, but fitness in second half was telling. Would have been worse, but we asked for quarters to be 15mins in 2nd half as the ump was tired and a few guys in our team had already done a hammy.

We played Hinterland senior side (no doubt a few missing). Given no umpires and no scoreboard, it was a decent hitout with both teams probably getting something out of it.

No idea how many we had out as wouldn't have a clue what our best side is and who we have anyway.

If I had to guess, they kicked around 18-20 goals and we kicked about 8-10. Much more even in first half, but fitness in second half was telling. Would have been worse, but we asked for quarters to be 15mins in 2nd half as the ump was tired and a few guys in our team had already done a hammy.

Wouldn’t be a preseason game if both teams weren’t “missing a few with plenty of guns to come back”... hope you got through injury free mate and looking forward to catching up during the year, if we are getting a game still!

Yeah, no injuries for me.

I won't be in our best side, but I imagine I'll play fairly regularly as guys aren't always available.

The days of being the only guy willing to take on ruck duties and therefore getting a game by default are over, have got multiple ruck options now.

Yeah, no injuries for me.

I won't be in our best side, but I imagine I'll play fairly regularly as guys aren't always available.

The days of being the only guy willing to take on ruck duties and therefore getting a game by default are over, have got multiple ruck options now.

Comps going to be tough this year I think. Players seem to be getting younger every year...

Last edited:
Have to agree with Philpy17.
beating ormeau (convincingly) with 12 out, and what sounds like late notice, is pretty impressive. Speaks to your depth as well. Sounds like you have some quality players and plenty of competition for spots, a pretty good baseline for a successful season. I appreciate NickP1966 is keeping a lid on things, but I think any coach/club would be pretty happy with that heading in to round 1.

If NickP1966 is not taking the piss that is a huge win for you Longy.

woodies always seem to have good depth so not much to read into that game as Thommo suggested.

will be good to have Friday night footy back over the next two weeks!

We won. We have 34 to come back into our round 1 side. Both teams lots of players out. Few more cliches, etc etc. footy was the real winner. One week at a time. Thanks to God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back