QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

So you’re playing for sheep stations Thommo? You do a full pre-season starting in November and train twice a week and do extra work etc?

Sure you care about it but it’s meant to be about less pressure and fun rather than the competition of daytime football.

Personally don’t give a toss if I touched a nerve. Sure there are some good footballers running round Fri night but if they were having a serious crack theyd be rolling out on a Saturday.

So you’re playing for sheep stations Thommo? You do a full pre-season starting in November and train twice a week and do extra work etc?

Sure you care about it but it’s meant to be about less pressure and fun rather than the competition of daytime football.

Personally don’t give a toss if I touched a nerve. Sure there are some good footballers running round Fri night but if they were having a serious crack theyd be rolling out on a Saturday.
So just checking on your argument here Freddy. You reckon there shouldn't be any trophies for Friday night because of a lack of commitment to Saturday footy. Yet you're completely happy with your Div 2 North ressies trophy to celebrate the bottom possible grade of Saturday footy because of some vastly superior footy program there? That is quite an interesting take on it. You could be right but can I suggest that you pop along tonight to any of the finals games and tell the guys in those games your thoughts. Let me know what they say.

And BTW based on your posts across several forums I can say that you sure don't need to announce to everyone that you are a big tough man and that you don't care about disrespecting highly engaged & leading volunteers in our code. That's pretty obvious champ.

You’re so angry Freddy. You should have some panadeine fort and red wine to chill out.

There are some teams in our comp that do have pre-seasons and train twice a week, just as there are some that dont.

I'm also pretty aware of several teams in other comps that purport to do all that, but get about 10-15 blokes to training and recruit people on the specific promise of not having to train at all - so I'm not sure what your point is?

But in reality, nobody has to justify themselves to you. Everyone plays for different reasons and every cup at every level counts.

It's a rough day when you come off looking like a bigger dickhead than Miller though, so enjoy that - thats more challenging than any level of footy.

keep digging son.

There is literally one team in Division 2 North that would beat the top Div 3 sides comfortably, it would be quite competitive with the others.

There are some teams in our comp that do have pre-seasons and train twice a week, just as there are some that dont.

I'm also pretty aware of several teams in other comps that purport to do all that, but get about 10-15 blokes to training and recruit people on the specific promise of not having to train at all - so I'm not sure what your point is?

But in reality, nobody has to justify themselves to you. Everyone plays for different reasons and every cup at every level counts.

It's a rough day when you come off looking like a bigger dickhead than Miller though, so enjoy that - thats more challenging than any level of footy.
You and I and plenty of others know the truth mate and have enormous respect for the woodsmen.
Good luck tonite chasing that cup.

Last edited:
For Div 3 watchers, seemed to be some surprising results in opening 2 weeks of finals?

Redbacks beat Morningside at home, then the Siders knocked out in straight sets with another loss by less than a kick to Sherwood

Maroochydore undefeated all year and then comfortably accounted for by Jimboomba in the longest Friday road trip you could find!

Anyone cup from here!

Yes, just goes to show again finals are a completely different beast. Spiders must have had contributors all over the park.

Aspley v Jets & Lab v Mt Gravatt must have been a cracker too

Last edited:
For Div 3 watchers, seemed to be some surprising results in opening 2 weeks of finals?

Redbacks beat Morningside at home, then the Siders knocked out in straight sets with another loss by less than a kick to Sherwood

Maroochydore undefeated all year and then comfortably accounted for by Jimboomba in the longest Friday road trip you could find!

Anyone cup from here!
Maybe get FreddyFuddrucker to present the trophies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a 10% off voucher to celebrity ink so everyone can get their shits and giggles tatts after the ceremony

Roll up, roll up

With a 10% off voucher to celebrity ink so everyone can get their shits and giggles tatts after the ceremony

Roll up, roll up
And a notebook & pen so we can all get your autograph on the night. Wow, a guy who plays on Saturdays (real men). I can't wait to meet you and hear your footy stories about how red footies maketh the man

In fact most of the saturday leagues use yellow balls anyway now, so that the home club can keep them for training.
Thanks for advising. That's a good idea tbh.
However considering QAFL still use red footies for day games it sounds like AFLQ may lump Freddy's "premium" footy program in the sh#ts and giggles category as well.

Looks like it’s been a few years since she got out of your ivory tower lagging.

If you’re gonna come in boots and all it pays get your facts right first

Looks like it’s been a few years since she got out of your ivory tower lagging.

If you’re gonna come in boots and all it pays get your facts right first
You win Freddy. But your elite footy program that compromises red footies for yellow footies during the day sure has a hint of sh#ts and giggles about it.

Sure thing mate. Perhaps you need to read back to the start of where this started. I said that’s the line from the top. Not my fault a couple of precious egos lost their minds at repeating someone else’s point of view

Definitely not the line from the top, given some of the blokes working at AFLQ play in this comp and are very accomplished players. They wouldn't remove QFA Colts specifically to funnel more players to this competition either if they felt it was shits and giggles.

Definitely not the line from the top, given some of the blokes working at AFLQ play in this comp and are very accomplished players. They wouldn't remove QFA Colts specifically to funnel more players to this competition either if they felt it was shits and giggles.

Question ive been meaning to ask; Does anyone have any idea of what was the (REAL) reasoning behind nuking an entire u18s competition that was apparently working just fine?

*Are kids who play for QFA clubs now more likely to go to QAFL clubs to continue playing colts?
*Will that weaken the QFA clubs?
*Is it likely some kids will leave the game rather than stay with their club and play vs men as a 17yo?

*What were the stated positives given to sell this change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back