QFA Div 4&5

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
they should merge it back into one competition though.

Unless with the new team entrants they push a few into the top league so its not only 6 teams

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
they should merge it back into one competition though.

Unless with the new team entrants they push a few into the top league so its not only 6 teams

I think if all teams go ahead there might be as many as possibly 8 in each .. all Rumours at this stage of course

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any info on make up of these comps yet? Ormeau and Springwood come in, didn't the league say any new club had to come into the lower div in their first year?

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have they abandoned the dumb idea to split this comp yet?

I hear Springwood and Ormeau are confirmed, but they have said on record any new clubs have to be in Div 5 - so poor old Div 4 stays with 6 teams, only for the Suns (Bulldogs) to dominate Div 5. Or will they make up the rules on the fly again, and stick them in Div 4?

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

I hear Springwood and Ormeau are confirmed, but they have said on record any new clubs have to be in Div 5 - so poor old Div 4 stays with 6 teams, only for the Suns (Bulldogs) to dominate Div 5. Or will they make up the rules on the fly again, and stick them in Div 4?
If the Bullsuns were forced to play in Div 5, they might lose a bunch of players real quick once they see the standard of footy. Div 4 teams might be able to scoop a few.

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Ormeau div 4
Springwood possibly div 4

Another possible uni team div 5

So it'll make both divisions with 8 sides

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is the draw out yet? The other comps are done, have they even figured out who is officially in each comp?

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can't do a draw yet.

Word on the street is that one stalwart club of this competition is about to fold and their better players have mostly all now committed to other clubs in higher grades.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't do a draw yet.

Word on the street is that one stalwart club of this competition is about to fold and their better players have mostly all now committed to other clubs in higher grades.

Is this to go with the woodies who you also said were done for?

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Woodies definitely going around again. However we have merged with the Western Magpies.

Not a traditional 3rds side, just a team made up of guys that can't (or don't want to) play Saturday footy. Will train seperately and be predominately the same side.

No idea what's going on in this comp. I've heard that Jimboomba and Morningside are out. So our 6 team comp is now only 4 unless they move Colly Park or Yeronga or Ferny Grove up.

I was categorically told that no new club will be allowed to play Div 4, so i guess its a 4 team comp or some of the Div 5 teams agree to move?

The broad preference is of course to just merge Div 4 and 5 back together.

No idea what will happen, but I'm getying plenty of heat from my players to find out!

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
First Park Ridge ripped the guts out of Moorooka, now they are doing the same thing to Jimboomba. Will be sad if Jimboomba can't get a side together this season.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Aflq needed submissions yesterday of 30 players for teams. So surely they will be finalising sides and comps soon surely?

Back