QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Only going off little things i have heard, but they probably lost big dog Matt Smith but brought in Fitzgibbon and Stamp from Kedron.

That's some big firepower up front when you already have Longy, Dickfos and Colvin.

Fitzgibbon would make a gun midfirlder/flanker too (at any level).

Not sure of names, but allegedly a few other Kedron blokes are over there purely fir to atteaction of Friday nights. Have absolutely no idea if this is true or not.

Even if half is true, then that's enough to push them to another level from last year if they didn't lose many.

Only going off little things i have heard, but they probably lost big dog Matt Smith but brought in Fitzgibbon and Stamp from Kedron.

That's some big firepower up front when you already have Longy, Dickfos and Colvin.

Not sure of names, but allegedly a few other Kedron blokes are over there purely fir to atteaction of Friday nights. Have absolutely no idea if this is true or not.

Even if half is true, then that's enough to push them to another level from last year if they didn't lose many.

Not surprised friday nights are attracting players like that. I played a game with Moisty at the devils last year filling in and I was hooked. 22 degrees vs 28-30 degrees. Weekends free.

Clubs need to innovate or die as friday night continues to gain serious momentum.

My mail is no kedron blokes have trained at Zillmere at all.

Not surprised friday nights are attracting players like that. I played a game with Moisty at the devils last year filling in and I was hooked. 22 degrees vs 28-30 degrees. Weekends free.

Clubs need to innovate or die as friday night continues to gain serious momentum.
Not everybody wishes to play in the special Olympic's Watto.

Anybody else have practise matches lined up before the season starts?

Making the treck to Gatton today for a kick.

Not everybody wishes to play in the special Olympic's Watto.

Brain fart or brain fade? Friday night football attracts decent players. It's a good option for those who can't commit to Saturdays and gives them another option. More clubs are jumping on board (ormeau, Springwood, jindalee) its obviously moving in the right deirection, get with the times champ

I personally don't really think the 'div 4 and 5' represents some of the quality that runs around on Friday night. In most teams there's easily 5 players who could step up and move 'up' if they wished.

But fridays are good for footy and beers so why would you ever want to leave.?

Standard peaked in 2015 i reckon. Dropped off a little last year.

But now its split it will pick up another level again. Our team is very old though, hope we can keep up!

May have to transition to masters otherwise!

Standard peaked in 2015 i reckon. Dropped off a little last year.

But now its split it will pick up another level again. Our team is very old though, hope we can keep up!

May have to transition to masters otherwise!

There's a 38 year old who came runner up in DIV3 ressies league BnF last year. What's he going to do this year, lead the Devils to a flag?

There's a 38 year old who came runner up in DIV3 ressies league BnF last year. What's he going to do this year, lead the Devils to a flag?

Him and the 12 blokes he has supposedly poached from the pirates as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's why there is tiered competitions gentleman, to suit all shapes, sizes ability levels, needs and wants from football.
There's plenty of blokes who could play higher, there's plenty of spuds who should play lower that they are currently.
Important thing is that everyone who wants a kick can get one.

That's why there is tiered competitions gentleman, to suit all shapes, sizes ability levels, needs and wants from football.
There's plenty of blokes who could play higher, there's plenty of spuds who should play lower that they are currently.
Important thing is that everyone who wants a kick can get one.

Said perfectly!

Exactly. I played a couple of QAFL ressies games last year.

We won one of them by 150 odd and my opponent was old enough to be my dad ( and I'm pretty old myself!)

Reserves at all levels are a mixed bag.

In Div 4 and 5 the difference is that there are only senior sides, so the oldies and newbies are now playing seniors...so the standard variation in ability just within one side can be enormous.

I assume its mighty pirate that's gone to the Devils. He indicated interest in the Woodies, but never heard from him again

Collingwood Park looked like a very well oiled machine yesterday against the Eagles. Not the same team that just turned up for shits and giggles like years gone by. I know both teams were down on key men but take them lightly at your own expense this season

Last edited:
Collingwood Park looked like a very well oiled machine yesterday against the Eagles. Not the same team that just turned up for shits and giggles like years gone by. I know both teams were down on key men but take them lightly at your own expense this season

A "very well oiled machine", in February, that plays in DIV5?

You being legit?

adon.jpg

If they are so well oiled, why didn't they ask to be in div 4. They were a decent side last year.

Part of the reason is we have lost quite a few players and are still looking for numbers to make up a list. The players we have picked up are all under 19 or have never played before.

We have a new coach this year helping out Rexy who has bought his own ideas and style which I feel has improved us.

I believe we would still get spanked by all the teams in the current division 5 setup but we are trying to raise our standard. Hopefully a practise match against Thommo and the woodies can be worked out in the next few weeks to give a better indication of where we are at.

I believe we would still get spanked by all the teams in the current division 5 setup but we are trying to raise our standard. Hopefully a practise match against Thommo and the woodies can be worked out in the next few weeks to give a better indication of where we are at.

Major I'm the one who spins the s**t on here well l was until sixth sense got involved with pirates sat on the bench all year and mouthed off like he knew how to play the game . But Maj your full of s**t that side you put out their on Saturday would have beaten
your own side last year by 100 and maj you don't challenge Thommo on the web to a game unless he knows what visiting hours will be at the woodsmen nursing home that weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back