QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine it will be a close battle between the Magpies, Panthers and Maroochy for that 2nd spot in the Grand Final

We already know the Eagles are going to 3peat. Unstoppable force
The eagles will go on to be the most successful division 4 Friday night team in the history of third grade! You'd think the club would try and climb the ladder back up to the top considering they were a powerhouse club!

The eagles will go on to be the most successful division 4 Friday night team in the history of third grade! You'd think the club would try and climb the ladder back up to the top considering they were a powerhouse club!

Div 4 is full of older guys who have already played higher grades. Saturday Footy would probably mean most Zillmere players would stop playing again. Friday nights really need to be viewed as a completely separate comp to Saturday’s and the guys who play seem to be either older or fellas who have families and time issues which stop them playing any other night than Friday.

Div 4 is full of older guys who have already played higher grades. Saturday Footy would probably mean most Zillmere players would stop playing again. Friday nights really need to be viewed as a completely separate comp to Saturday’s and the guys who play seem to be either older or fellas who have families and time issues which stop them playing any other night than Friday.
I'm sure the zillmere lads c
I reckon there chasing easy flags . I don't know what benefit it is to zillmere to play in a third grade comp? I'm sure all the other stand alone clubs are trying to push into saturday footy?

Thank you to the Ormeau Football Club for letting Cararra play a full scale intraclub game there tonight
Great surface and thank you for opening the Bar and cooking the snags
I'm sure the 46+ players who took part tonight appreciated your hospitality
Looking forward to catching up again in a few weeks when our reserves take on you guys
Great job tonight that's what footy clubs are about

I'm sure the zillmere lads c

I reckon there chasing easy flags . I don't know what benefit it is to zillmere to play in a third grade comp? I'm sure all the other stand alone clubs are trying to push into saturday footy?

I've lost track of what each division is called, but the Top friday comp of the 2 is stronger than the worst saturday comp anyway.

So pushing to Saturday footy is arguably a backwards step in competition unless they skip a division

I've lost track of what each division is called, but the Top friday comp of the 2 is stronger than the worst saturday comp anyway.

So pushing to Saturday footy is arguably a backwards step in competition unless they skip a division
Are you trying to say that Sherwood’s thirds would best say carrara with the like of granger and vaster whatever? Turn it up fan !

I reckon they would have been the 2nd best team in div 3 last year, wouldn't have beaten Viccie Point though.

Are you trying to say that Sherwood’s thirds would best say carrara with the like of granger and vaster whatever? Turn it up fan !

2 players??

Don't want to get in a pissing contest, and I don't think we would beat Cararra and I have no idea what our side will look like this year - however all due respect to Grainger/Vasterink - the Sherwood 3rds last year had Lachlan Woods, Gerard Moore, Tim McEvoy, Chris Mihalopolous and Matt Hockley running around just to name a few.

Lachlan Woods was captain of the Sherwood seniors in 2016 who played in the QAFL Prelim and is 25. Gerard Moore is 24 and was on the Gold Coast Suns list and was skipper of Sherwood seniors who made a Prelim in 2013. Granted McEvoy and Mika are a bit older at 33-34, and Hocks isn't the player he was 3 years ago - but we lost to Zillmere by 5 points in the Qualifying final and 1 point in round 16. So despite those 'names' they still beat us with their 'old blokes' who would melt in the sun. So not sure two names at Cararra is something to hang the hat on.

Hopefully Woodsy and Moorey go back to Senior footy this year, as will a few other Woodies/3rds - but no doubt a few will flow the other direction for whatever reason like work/family or just a year away from the commitment required for QAFL level.

I reckon they would have been the 2nd best team in div 3 last year, wouldn't have beaten Viccie Point though.

2 players??

Don't want to get in a pissing contest, and I don't think we would beat Cararra and I have no idea what our side will look like this year - however all due respect to Grainger/Vasterink - the Sherwood 3rds last year had Lachlan Woods, Gerard Moore, Tim McEvoy, Chris Mihalopolous and Matt Hockley running around just to name a few.

Lachlan Woods was captain of the Sherwood seniors in 2016 who played in the QAFL Prelim and is 25. Gerard Moore is 24 and was on the Gold Coast Suns list and was skipper of Sherwood seniors who made a Prelim in 2013. Granted McEvoy and Mika are a bit older at 33-34, and Hocks isn't the player he was 3 years ago - but we lost to Zillmere by 5 points in the Qualifying final and 1 point in round 16. So despite those 'names' they still beat us with their 'old blokes' who would melt in the sun. So not sure two names at Cararra is something to hang the hat on.

Hopefully Woodsy and Moorey go back to Senior footy this year, as will a few other Woodies/3rds - but no doubt a few will flow the other direction for whatever reason like work/family or just a year away from the commitment required for QAFL level.
I honestly have no idea how you didn’t cane zillmere with that list mate! Sandgate limped into the gf and got destroyed now folded . This comp changes a lot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time poster, I coach Zillmere and after seeing so many terrific judges of footy comment on our club, thought I’d throw my opinion in.

First to those saying Zillmere would beat teams in div 2 or 3, the reality is there is no way to know without a game happening, and secondly not one person at Zillmere really cares. Having coached in div 3 as well there are differences between the comps that make it impossible to compare them any way.. training as someone pointed out at Zillmere is non compulsory, there is no time on also so fitness would be higher at div 3 level for sure. And someone mentioned Brick running rings around us, i would be confident Matty Stevens, Dan Campbell, Zac Molan or Alex Lushington who have all played senior QAFL not that long ago and are all under 30 still would more than keep up with him.

As for those saying we are full of blokes chasing easy flags, there is no such thing as an easy premiership. We are lucky at the moment to have a good group of players who are all good mates, most can’t commit to Saturday for and us older blokes have families and fridays work great for us. 2014 Zillmere didn’t even make finals but, things can turn around pretty quickly in either direction in terms of wins/losses, 2012 we didn’t even exist as a club. Long term the club would love to move back to Saturday footy in a higher grade, but off field we have a lot of work to do to make sure the club is strong enough to sustain two Saturday teams.

The reality is Friday nights are a huge attraction for players and it works for where we are at as a a club right now. Winning premierships is a terrific bonus but most of our guys just want to have a kick with mates and Friday’s suits our list. If we were told to move to Saturday footy tomorrow, we would lose most of our players (and coach!).

It’s unfair to the other clubs in our comp to paint us as a team who is miles in front any way. The woodies were one lucky bounce for us away from winning first final and every game against them this year was decided by under 10 points. They are a terrific side and great bunch of fellas who seem to operate like us, social footy players who like to win. Sandgate beat us twice through the year and were smashed with injuries in the gf. Jimboomba, Mayne and Maroochy will strengthen the comp this year as well, so we certainly will be doing our best to win again, but we know it’s not going to be given to us.

Any ways, they say your no one unless you are talked about so I guess we must be doing something right. All the best to all teams this year, look forward to a beer after and a laugh on the field this season.

We
First time poster, I coach Zillmere and after seeing so many terrific judges of footy comment on our club, thought I’d throw my opinion in.

First to those saying Zillmere would beat teams in div 2 or 3, the reality is there is no way to know without a game happening, and secondly not one person at Zillmere really cares. Having coached in div 3 as well there are differences between the comps that make it impossible to compare them any way.. training as someone pointed out at Zillmere is non compulsory, there is no time on also so fitness would be higher at div 3 level for sure. And someone mentioned Brick running rings around us, i would be confident Matty Stevens, Dan Campbell, Zac Molan or Alex Lushington who have all played senior QAFL not that long ago and are all under 30 still would more than keep up with him.

As for those saying we are full of blokes chasing easy flags, there is no such thing as an easy premiership. We are lucky at the moment to have a good group of players who are all good mates, most can’t commit to Saturday for and us older blokes have families and fridays work great for us. 2014 Zillmere didn’t even make finals but, things can turn around pretty quickly in either direction in terms of wins/losses, 2012 we didn’t even exist as a club. Long term the club would love to move back to Saturday footy in a higher grade, but off field we have a lot of work to do to make sure the club is strong enough to sustain two Saturday teams.

The reality is Friday nights are a huge attraction for players and it works for where we are at as a a club right now. Winning premierships is a terrific bonus but most of our guys just want to have a kick with mates and Friday’s suits our list. If we were told to move to Saturday footy tomorrow, we would lose most of our players (and coach!).

It’s unfair to the other clubs in our comp to paint us as a team who is miles in front any way. The woodies were one lucky bounce for us away from winning first final and every game against them this year was decided by under 10 points. They are a terrific side and great bunch of fellas who seem to operate like us, social footy players who like to win. Sandgate beat us twice through the year and were smashed with injuries in the gf. Jimboomba, Mayne and Maroochy will strengthen the comp this year as well, so we certainly will be doing our best to win again, but we know it’s not going to be given to us.

Any ways, they say your no one unless you are talked about so I guess we must be doing something right. All the best to all teams this year, look forward to a beer after and a laugh on the field this season.
Well said

It’s not clubs that talk themselves up . It dildo’s like fan the man ragging out higher divisions. Which riles everyone up!

Yeah and you get hero’s like your good self bagging out roosters and chubby blokes. What’s your real name mate? I’m sure you have had a career filled with state league Footy and best and fairests.

Yeah and you get hero’s like your good self bagging out roosters and chubby blokes. What’s your real name mate? I’m sure you have had a career filled with state league Footy and best and fairests.[/QUOTMy career is full of lots of low lights! What do you mean roosters?

What do you mean roosters? My career is lots of lowlights! But yeah you have a few chubbas as do every club ! I’ve already said I’m full of bs on here so I wouldn’t listen to my dribble !

Longy zillmere I read my old post and I actually said rooster. What the hell am I on about I must of been off my pickle ! I must of really riled up zillmere to get the coach on here so I apologise. No arm done aye ?

Longy zillmere I read my old post and I actually said rooster. What the hell am I on about I must of been off my pickle ! I must of really riled up zillmere to get the coach on here so I apologise. No arm done aye ?

Yeah we are all shattered that salted peanut has said a few of us are chubby. Reckon we will get through it but. You forgot to mention your real name but.

I honestly have no idea how you didn’t cane zillmere with that list mate! Sandgate limped into the gf and got destroyed now folded . This comp changes a lot!

Pretty decent list they had too.

I don't think we played Zillmere once with our full list, nor did they ever have their best side against us. Never saw ex Magpie/Gorilla and winner of BOG in the GF Matt Stevens against us in any of the 3 games as an example. Unfortunately we were missing a few in the first final (including superstars like me) and we had put all our eggs in one basket to win that game, as we knew half the side was going to be away for the Prelim. As it turned out, we played a pretty tough match vs the Hawks in the Prelim and whoever won that game was going to get spanked the following week as old hamstrings and calves were pinging everywhere!

Longy is looking for an Assistant Coach Salted Peanut, you should put in an application..!

Pretty decent list they had too.

I don't think we played Zillmere once with our full list, nor did they ever have their best side against us. Never saw ex Magpie/Gorilla and winner of BOG in the GF Matt Stevens against us in any of the 3 games as an example. Unfortunately we were missing a few in the first final (including superstars like me) and we had put all our eggs in one basket to win that game, as we knew half the side was going to be away for the Prelim. As it turned out, we played a pretty tough match vs the Hawks in the Prelim and whoever won that game was going to get spanked the following week as old hamstrings and calves were pinging everywhere!

Longy is looking for an Assistant Coach Salted Peanut, you should put in an application..!
Average footballers can be good coaches . So maybe I should! Very average player I am! I'm stopping commenting on other clubs and I'm going to try comic relief instead!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back