QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimboomba has been disappointing in first two rounds, the comp certainly stronger now from when they previously played.

Hornets win div 5. They have two NEAFL players playing that played last year and are both under 30 plus a plethora of old boys back after a few years out that are more than handy.

They would be top 3 in div 4.
I understand that inclusion in Div 4 was requested but AFLQ insisted on following "protocol" with new teams to be entered in lowest division and then to earn the right to go higher by promotion. Fair call. I understand the reasoning but protocol alone can lead to some pretty lopsided outcomes in lower divisions.

I understand that inclusion in Div 4 was requested but AFLQ insisted on following "protocol" with new teams to be entered in lowest division and then to earn the right to go higher by promotion. Fair call. I understand the reasoning but protocol alone can lead to some pretty lopsided outcomes in lower divisions.
I see AFLQ followed protocol with Maroochy starting in Div 5. Typical of AFLQ.

Not a new team. Actually just won a premiership in a standard of footy probably not dissimilar to FNF I would have thought?
Not arguing whether they are capable of matching Div 4 or Div 5. No sleight on any of the teams who have been able to get a gig straight in Div 4, good on them. But the inconsistency of AFLQ applying their own "rules" is laughable.

New teams go to Div 5, teams coming from elsewhere go to which ever comp suits their ability. Im not sure there is any inconsistency tbh. This side has always existed under the AFLQ banner.
Just out of interest though is there an obvious difference in standard bn div 4 & 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New teams go to Div 5, teams coming from elsewhere go to which ever comp suits their ability. Im not sure there is any inconsistency tbh. This side has always existed under the AFLQ banner.
Just out of interest though is there an obvious difference in standard bn div 4 & 5?

enormous difference, entire reason it was split into 2 divisions was because of the regular 120+ point hidings being dished out

Here are the final round scores of 2016 season before the comp was split

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?c=0-109-0-407245-0&pool=1&round=0&a=ROUND

the following year, Mayne and Coll Park played in the Div 5 GF.

yep - thats fair enough then Thommo - you have a premiership team going into Div 4 in a comp that really no one knows what sort of standard it was vs Div 4 or 5. . Not sure that's the wrong place for them.

Marcoochy have clearly joined the correct comp, and while Jimboomba are a 'new' team - they are a known quantity, so are in the right comp.

Aspley were always different, as they haven't played in this comp since about 2010.

It just proves the point though, don't have silly rules when you will continually bend them.

Magpies 3rds played Jindalee (Top end side in Div5 or thereabouts) maybe a month ago, and won by 20 odd goals.

IT's a chasm between the 2 leagues. The top 4 or 5 Div 4 sides would be equally competitive in Div 3 (but not nowhere near it in Div 2)

Marcoochy have clearly joined the correct comp, and while Jimboomba are a 'new' team - they are a known quantity, so are in the right comp.

Aspley were always different, as they haven't played in this comp since about 2010.

It just proves the point though, don't have silly rules when you will continually bend them.
I agree Fan, that was the point I was trying to make. Don't forget Ormeau (new team) going straight into Div 4 last year and not winning a game all year. They bent their own rules and that was the outcome.

I agree Fan, that was the point I was trying to make. Don't forget Ormeau (new team) going straight into Div 4 last year and not winning a game all year. They bent their own rules and that was the outcome.
Ormeau are definitely a 5th Division team, not good for anyone when you can’t win a game.

Watched last night between UQ and Ormeau. Maybe it was the conditions but I was impressed with the defensive pressure applied by Ormeau. Laid on some very big tackles and pressured UQ a lot to cause a lot of misses. 4 Goals 13 I believe at one stage.

That being said, UQ dominated with a lot of inside 50s but the conditions certainly didn't help. Should have kicked a lot better.

How long before the Redbacks self implode?

0-3 and potentially no prospects of a win until they play Ormeau in Round 8

0-3 with a trip to Maroochydoore. History suggests a forfeit more likely trhan a backs against the wall win!

I've been around this competition for close to 10 years now, and the only forfeit I recall was us against Jimboomba in 2013 when there were 5 teams, it was a Saturday arvo game, it was the final round, the ladder couldn't change and we had 13 available and would play each other the following week in an elimination final anyway. (which we lost in extra time)

So not sure there is any histroy that suggests anyone will forfeit anything.

I've been around this competition for close to 10 years now, and the only forfeit I recall was us against Jimboomba in 2013 when there were 5 teams, it was a Saturday arvo game, it was the final round, the ladder couldn't change and we had 13 available and would play each other the following week in an elimination final anyway. (which we lost in extra time)

So not sure there is any histroy that suggests anyone will forfeit anything.
Remember that game against Bond Thommo? 14 players (incl coach).... no thoughts of forfeit. Just a desire to play the game.
Redbacks are a proud club... they'll be ok.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back