QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Ours would be under 30 too at a guess, but probably not by much

there is no way this bloke watched the game though, when I walked off at the end there were about 5 people in the crowd and I knew every single one of them!

Agree on one thing, it was a frustrating loss! Last 4 games have been 2 point, 4 point, 1 point and 3 point losses!

Geez those umps give Longy an armchair ride ! :p

If he was there he would of probably seen mark of the year...

pirate island

Senior List
Nov 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very quiet. ...
has jimboomba jumped to flag favorites?
whats your thoughts. ..
beleive injuries affecting a few contenders. ..???

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done to Ormeau on their first win in 2 seasons of Senior footy tonight.

Disappointing night at Mayne tonight, but we got the win. We have been making 8-12 changes every week, with a bit of unavailability and also fitting in QAFL Reserves players that miss out. We've actively taken them each week for the first time in our history, which is has made it a bit disjointed. but its good for the club overall, at the end of the day - you miss out on 2's and you shoudl expect a game in the 3s!

Operitic

Draftee
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well done to Ormeau on their first win in 2 seasons of Senior footy tonight.

Disappointing night at Mayne tonight, but we got the win. We have been making 8-12 changes every week, with a bit of unavailability and also fitting in QAFL Reserves players that miss out. We've actively taken them each week for the first time in our history, which is has made it a bit disjointed. but its good for the club overall, at the end of the day - you miss out on 2's and you shoudl expect a game in the 3s!

Cheers Thommo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I reckon you sing a song when you secure 4 points or a finals win.

Up to you, but would have made the song all the more sweeter on the weekend after securing 4 of the best if it had never been sung before.

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
putting that aside, this comp is as probably as good as its ever been.

4 teams who can genuinely lay claims to having a shot at winning it, and even the 2 teams in 5th and 6th are competitive outfits.

Is it Top 5 or Top 4?

Where and when are finals played? Maroochydoore obviously can't host finals up there, but where do they play? Burpengary?

Zillmere can't host finals either, still at Pine Rivers?

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
putting that aside, this comp is as probably as good as its ever been.

4 teams who can genuinely lay claims to having a shot at winning it, and even the 2 teams in 5th and 6th are competitive outfits.

Is it Top 5 or Top 4?

Where and when are finals played? Maroochydoore obviously can't host finals up there, but where do they play? Burpengary?

Zillmere can't host finals either, still at Pine Rivers?

Top 4, same as last year. We play the other 3 sides in the finals race the next 3 games. Win them all and we can finish on top, lose one or more and we can finish 4th. All 4 sides on their best night I think could beat any of the other sides. Mayne early in the year beat us comfortably as well, and Morningside when they have 22 are very tough to beat. It’s the most even this comp has been in my time at Zillmere for sure.

The new lights are up at the Eagles, we have our last 3 at home. They would be as good as any lights in Brisbane now, very bright. As much as we appreciated Pine Rivers hosting us, it is good to be home, we have had one game at zillmere otherwise it’s been a long year of travelling.

Great comp, no easy games all year really. Ormeau and UQ are far from easy beats, Ormeau very physical and UQ when they have their best side available are decent also. The standard overall is more even amongst all sides.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really? I wasn't 100% sure, but thought it might be Top 5.

good to see Zillmere back at home, unsure why they weren't there already given we need night vision goggles at other venues in this competition, while Eagles have always had probably the best lights in the comp other than Ormeau.

I've been told many times by HQ that all finals will be Friday nights, so unsure where that leaves the Roos if they earn right to host a final. I doubt its practical to get up there on a Friday unless they start games after 8pm

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Really? I wasn't 100% sure, but thought it might be Top 5.

good to see Zillmere back at home, unsure why they weren't there already given we need night vision goggles at other venues in this competition, while Eagles have always had probably the best lights in the comp other than Ormeau.

I've been told many times by HQ that all finals will be Friday nights, so unsure where that leaves the Roos if they earn right to host a final. I doubt its practical to get up there on a Friday unless they start games after 8pm

I was just assuming it was a final 4 based on only being an 8 team comp. Look into that for us Thommo!

Our lighting was deemed unfit for games a week or two before the season started, AFLQ run our complex and apparently the lux required wasn’t up to scratch in the center of the ground. We rocked up to plenty of grounds this year where the lights were far worse, guess we needed to not be playing to ensure a grant was able to be given to the club for an upgrade. We now have LED lights which will be more “cost effective” for our major lease holders so I guess it’s all worked out in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back