QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard you had a pretty comfortable win on Friday Longy. Either Ormeau lost/missing a few blokes, Zillmere are going to be very hard to beat, or the difference between div3 and 4 is significant?

We had a win, Ormeau only had 19 playing and we had 28, they had a few have to pull out on the day so that gave us a bit of an advantage. Talking to KP they had a fair few good players out as well. It was the first game for all of us for the year, hard to read too much into it. We are thankful they made the trip up for the run and wish them well for the year, seemed like a good bunch of blokes

We had a win, Ormeau only had 19 playing and we had 28, they had a few have to pull out on the day so that gave us a bit of an advantage. Talking to KP they had a fair few good players out as well. It was the first game for all of us for the year, hard to read too much into it. We are thankful they made the trip up for the run and wish them well for the year, seemed like a good bunch of blokes
Thanks for the game longy good to get a feel of what the new division for us will be like, if Friday night is any indication we have plenty of work to do, looks like a massive step up between division 3 and 4.
Zillmere was very welcoming and the hospitality shown after the game was 2nd to none.Tipping they will be hard to beat with some very handy names running around and a few more to come in. Looking forward the challenge ahead !!!!!

I see the age old rivalry of Sandgate V Zillmere is renewed this Friday in a practice match. Any predictions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2020 Premiers vs 2021 Premiers this Friday night at Pac Pines.
Will PAC pines really be that much better than everyone else? Have they picked up anyone other than what’s on their Facebook page? they will be there abouts for sure with a decent spine, but do they have the depth?

Will PAC pines really be that much better than everyone else? Have they picked up anyone other than what’s on their Facebook page? they will be there abouts for sure with a decent spine, but do they have the depth?
Fair question Baby Bomber. They've also got a combined Colts side up this year. However if there was any division where you could rely on your top 5-6 you'd reckon its in the lowest division

4-5 players is enough in Div 4 to get you over the line.

Its marginally a worse standard than most Div 2 ressies teams. Every team in Div 3 would beat Div teams by 10 goals without raising a sweat. Ormeau should have been allowed to stay in Div 4 rather than go back up and get pumped for a few more years like before.

n
Its marginally a worse standard than most Div 2 ressies teams. Every team in Div 3 would beat Div teams by 10 goals without raising a sweat. Ormeau should have been allowed to stay in Div 4 rather than go back up and get pumped for a few more years like before.
Are you certain about that? Bribie Island came up in 2020 and win/loss was 3-5. Whilst they copped one big hammering to Jimboomba they shared that with wins over Morningside (premiers) and Sherwood (Prelim finalist)

Watched Mt Gravatt play mayne if mt Gravatt had played their best team they probably would’ve won but shared some game time with their 40+ players they have. I think pacific pines would easily fit into div 3 and be one of the better sides they have more than 4-5 good players. I hope they are on par with the top end of div 4 but looking at their list they will end up 10-15 goals ahead like some div 3 teams would.

Are you certain about that? Bribie Island came up in 2020 and win/loss was 3-5. Whilst they copped one big hammering to Jimboomba they shared that with wins over Morningside (premiers) and Sherwood (Prelim finalist)

Can't speak for everyone, but in Div 3 the quality of the team some clubs put out from week to week can vary significantly. Injury, unavailability etc.

One of the reasons some very good players play in this competition is for the flexibility and lets face it, a little less commitment.

Can't speak for everyone, but in Div 3 the quality of the team some clubs put out from week to week can vary significantly. Injury, unavailability etc.

One of the reason some very good players play in this competition is for the flexibility and lets face it, a little less commitment.
I totally accept Thommo that there are 2 divisions for a reason and that the higher one is vastly superior. However what other answers are there than the lower division premier goes up the following year? If that is Pac Pines in 2021 so be it

i don't think i've suggested they shouldn't go up, nor have I really made any comment about the respective strengths of the competitions as I think over time that probably speaks for itself.

If they're not doing promotion/relegation elsewhere, then no need here - however as I understand it, Ormeau wanted to go up.

one of the issues with both these competitions is that its a mix of clubs where some aspire to Saturday footy, some are happy exactly where they are and some are a 3rds team. there really should be a single team Saturday comp so clubs don't have to start on Fridays, as its a hard leap after that as most of your list gets accustomed to Friday footy and if you do make the move to Sat, your numbers are immediately impacted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back