QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Baby Bomber88

Rookie
Mar 2, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Not much talk about UQ in Div 4 over all the noise but they're sitting 3-0 on top with 570%
Great start no doubt but they have beaten 3 of the bottom four teams, two of which are struggling to put 22 blokes on the field. First real test this week against North shore who are also undefeated, then Pac pines and Collingwood Park. Will be a lot more to talk about heading into the bye.

Baby Bomber88

Rookie
Mar 2, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Great start by UQ, looks to be a good comp this year going with at least 1 or 2 games that will be hard to tip each round. Tips for this week anyone?

Think you are right Philpy17. Should be the close in most games again this week, great for the comp. Ipswich and Ferny grove are in for a long year so this week will be a big one for both clubs. My tips below:

Collingwood park
Ferny Grove
Pac Pines
UQ
Mt Gravatt

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Think we saw the difference in the teams the top sides put out at home compared to away on the weekend!

Sherwood smashed Ormeau by 20 goals at home in Round 1, then only beat Bribie by 10 goals away the following week

Morningside smashed Bribie by 25 goals at home in Round 1, then only beat Ormeau by 10 goals away the following week

Philpy17!

Rookie
Feb 4, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Think you are right Philpy17. Should be the close in most games again this week, great for the comp. Ipswich and Ferny grove are in for a long year so this week will be a big one for both clubs. My tips below:

Collingwood park
Ferny Grove
Pac Pines
UQ
Mt Gravatt

Collingwood park
Ipswich cats
Pac pines
North shore
Mt Gravatt

Couple of these should be tight

LaggingBehind

All Australian
Aug 8, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think we saw the difference in the teams the top sides put out at home compared to away on the weekend!

Sherwood smashed Ormeau by 20 goals at home in Round 1, then only beat Bribie by 10 goals away the following week

Morningside smashed Bribie by 25 goals at home in Round 1, then only beat Ormeau by 10 goals away the following week
Ormeau and Bribie are the recent lower division premiers respectively. Is this the divide in standard of the comps or have both poured everything into winning the premiership and then lost players making them uncompetitive in higher division with weaker teams than they had in the lower division?

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Ormeau and Bribie are the recent lower division premiers respectively. Is this the divide in standard of the comps or have both poured everything into winning the premiership and then lost players making them uncompetitive in higher division with weaker teams than they had in the lower division?

Divide in standard is large.

Last edited:

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not a single Div 4 team would get near any of the Div 3 teams apart from maybe Bribie and Ormeau

the gulf in class is enormous.

Philpy17!

Rookie
Feb 4, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not a single Div 4 team would get near any of the Div 3 teams apart from maybe Bribie and Ormeau

the gulf in class is enormous.
Did watch Mt Gravatt almost beat Mayne in pre season, who knows with more teams expected to come into Friday nights maybe 3 divisions are not too far off.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood

don't think it is just home vs away.

People have stuff on, thats life. We made 10 changes between rounds 1 and 2. Very few were to do with the game being at Bribie.

I'm sure the gap between the 2 comps will close in next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark_Footy23

Rookie
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Northshore 4-0 is it time to start taking them seriously? Probably could have beaten UQ by more too, looking forward to see them when they have played together for longer! Big test against Mt Gravatt this week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

heataseven

Draftee
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Northshore 4-0 is it time to start taking them seriously? Probably could have beaten UQ by more too, looking forward to see them when they have played together for longer! Big test against Mt Gravatt this week.

Yeah North Shore are looking really solid for a team who have just entered as a brand new playing group. Keen to see result this Friday!

Baby Bomber88

Rookie
Mar 2, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah North Shore are looking really solid for a team who have just entered as a brand new playing group. Keen to see result this Friday!
They have beaten a couple of decent teams also in UQ and Marcellin. Great to see there is 6 or 7 fairly even teams so far this season. As mentioned previously, I still think we will have a good indication of pecking order once we get to the first bye in a couple of weeks time. 3 cracking games again this week in Marcellin v CP, North Shore v Mt Gravatt and UQ v Pac Pines.

Mark_Footy23

Rookie
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
They have beaten a couple of decent teams also in UQ and Marcellin. Great to see there is 6 or 7 fairly even teams so far this season. As mentioned previously, I still think we will have a good indication of pecking order once we get to the first bye in a couple of weeks time. 3 cracking games again this week in Marcellin v CP, North Shore v Mt Gravatt and UQ v Pac Pines.

Did Mt Gravatt have players out Friday or were Marcellin just the better side on the night?

obviously pulled the boots on this week.
Kicked a lazy 12, easiest thing i've ever done.

The oppo called a head count as it appeared we had too many on the field. Turns out me being everywhere was the confusion.

Philpy17!

Rookie
Feb 4, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

anyone prepared to try and tip winners this week? Great comp so far Coorparoos 0-4 start is deceptive also so I would include them and say 7 teams are in the mix.
coops
Beenleigh- just
North shore
Pac pines
Collingwood park

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Kicked a lazy 12, easiest thing i've ever done.

The oppo called a head count as it appeared we had too many on the field. Turns out me being everywhere was the confusion.

Have heard Pac Pine players were literally doing handstands on the field and acting in a way less than disrespectful to clearly beaten opponents?

NickP1966

Rookie
Jul 8, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Have heard Pac Pine players were literally doing handstands on the field and acting in a way less than disrespectful to clearly beaten opponents?

Mate, if anyone of my lads could do a handstand I’d be ultra impressed. One guy did however get out a unicycle though and started doing circus tricks. And another fella had Chainsaws, on fire, whilst blindfolded juggling them at each ball up.

see what I did there ?

all seriousness, Beenleigh had about 7 guys pull out only a few hours before the game, some quality too, Souter and Hartley alone are worth a few goals, credit to buffs though they didn’t once turn grubby Or whinge they played from siren to siren . Looking forward to the drive up to St Lucia this Friday to take on UQ who have started the season brilliantly.

Baby Bomber88

Rookie
Mar 2, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
anyone prepared to try and tip winners this week? Great comp so far Coorparoos 0-4 start is deceptive also so I would include them and say 7 teams are in the mix.
coops
Beenleigh- just
North shore
Pac pines
Collingwood park
Yeah tough draw for coorparoo to start the year. Also great to see the cats get a win. Nice bunch if guys. Tips:
Coorparoo
Beenleigh
North Shore
Pac Pines
Collingwood Park

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Mate, if anyone of my lads could do a handstand I’d be ultra impressed. One guy did however get out a unicycle though and started doing circus tricks. And another fella had Chainsaws, on fire, whilst blindfolded juggling them at each ball up.

see what I did there ?

all seriousness, Beenleigh had about 7 guys pull out only a few hours before the game, some quality too, Souter and Hartley alone are worth a few goals, credit to buffs though they didn’t once turn grubby Or whinge they played from siren to siren . Looking forward to the drive up to St Lucia this Friday to take on UQ who have started the season brilliantly.

Just went off what Beenleigh guys I know said. I’ll tell them to stop lying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back