QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Word has it Glasshouse also trying to get a team up for Div 4. What's the lights situation at their ground?
That would be a great result if they can - magnificent venue. Just not sure if hinterland and GH both try to then there is 60 blokes sitting around wishing to play that level of footy on a Friday night. Take in the fact that maroochy already have a Div 3, Northshore a div 4 then we are looking at a stack of games on a Friday night for a smallish region. Would make more sense for GH to align selves with Caloundra and look for anyone not getting a game in their Saturday teams, same as Nth Shore with Maroochy 3rds / 2's. Even Hinterland. Great opportunity for clubs to work together rather than against.

might be time for a Div 5, or a Div 4 north and South

Certainly AFLQ will be looking at a north south option. I am not sure how other clubs feel especially those that have to travel quite a distance but at this level the competition should be promotions and relegations, Div 3-4-5 and keep the games competitive. The question really is would your team rather travel 100+km for a close hard fought game or be closer to home and expect a big win/loss. I think a competitive competition is more appealing to players but like I said I don’t belong to a club that has to travel week in week out.

Yeah something will need to be worked out if there ends up 3 sunny coast teams + bribie in the same div. Unless it becomes a half-Saturday league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding for next season is that there is or at least was potential for 18 teams.

pac pines, Mt G, Coorparoo, Beenleigh,Ipswich cats, Alex Hills, Redland/Vicpoint, Rattlers, Coomera, UQ, Ferny, nth Shore, bribie, Hinterland, GH, Kedron, Aspley, Marcellin.

it seemed as though the general consensus was a north/south comp with 16 rounds, finals, then a Nth v Sth GF. This is assuming clubs get accepted and there isn’t more that requested licences.

My understanding for next season is that there is or at least was potential for 18 teams.

pac pines, Mt G, Coorparoo, Beenleigh,Ipswich cats, Alex Hills, Redland/Vicpoint, Rattlers, Coomera, UQ, Ferny, nth Shore, bribie, Hinterland, GH, Kedron, Aspley, Marcellin.

it seemed as though the general consensus was a north/south comp with 16 rounds, finals, then a Nth v Sth GF. This is assuming clubs get accepted and there isn’t more that requested licences.
North/south super bowl. How epic !

Actually split at the river too! I think that would be a really good outcome if it worked out.

Assume Collingwood Park have to/want to go up?

Wonder if any of the Brisbane teams would crack up at potentially 3 away games at sunny coast on a Friday night?

Actually split at the river too! I think that would be a really good outcome if it worked out.

Assume Collingwood Park have to/want to go up?

Wonder if any of the Brisbane teams would crack up at potentially 3 away games at sunny coast on a Friday night?

I think the idea was to split at the river. It looked like a Brisbane based team would have to travel 4 times which while not ideal, isn’t really that bad.

I’m not sure about Collingwood Park, I would also assume they would be going up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

would make more sense to combine Div 3 and Div 4 and break them into 3 regions.

Yes, division 3 is far stronger at the top end, but these things would even out over time.

if there are 18 teams in div 4 and 10 in div 3, just Div 3 North, Div 3 Central and Div 3 South would make much more sense and minimise fighting traffic on Friday nights on the M1 or Bruce

28 teams across 3 regions.

Yes, division 3 is far stronger at the top end, but these things would even out over time.

if there are 18 teams in div 4 and 10 in div 3, just Div 3 North, Div 3 Central and Div 3 South would make much more sense and minimise fighting traffic on Friday nights on the M1 or Bruce

Great idea - teams fond their own level and if we think that any comp in Australia is "even" then we are kidding ourselves. Fri night footy I would have thought is generally about logistics, not whether team A would get trounced by Team B

I think there's a job at HQ for someone with common sence.

I think you missed Labrador

Season is kicking off on the 2nd of April which is a few weeks early than expected. No idea on the make up of the league yet, but apparently pine rivers are confirmed to be entering and other clubs have until the 18th to be confirmed.

Geez the idea of combining the 2 divisions and going North, Central, South seems like its become a pretty attractive idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back