QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

div 3 and Div 4 should merge into 3 leagues

North, Central and South.

The best 3 teams in Div 3 probably a fair way ahead, but most of the better Div 4 sides as good as the rest of Div 3, or probably better in many cases.

12 points yes, not Ferny though

Looks like Glasshouse were a lot closer than expected. Is this because Kedron dropped off or improvements from Glasshouse.

Labrador went down in the South comp and Coorparoo again won comfortably. Can anyone beat them?
We have now played both Coop and Lab won one lost one but with 2 completely different sides in from our end due to various reasons and on good authority Coorparoo had a substantial amount of outs that week as well so both sides just doing what we could do to get a team out there.

at this stage i say Labrador are the most physical side we have played.
Mt Gravatt had a really good group of player with a mixture of youth and experience and a good game plan.

I think the top 5 in South comp is a really good 5 and once Vic point/Redland get their Friday night footing they will be there when the whips are cracking.

see that Mt Gravatt and Coomera have split the points in the abandon game, we had this same issue last year when we had Ferny Grove and Ipswich cats abandoned due to weather whilst you can never assure 4 points without playing you feel hard done by when it happens if your the top tier side playing a lower ranked team.

Some close games this weekend which I am sure can be partially attributed to the rain.

It’s good to see that Glass house have been more competitive over the last few games. Anyone provide feedback?

Marcellin and swans went down to the wire and would have been a tough game.

Aspley had its first loss to Ferny Grove which is a huge step up from last years results for them.

North shore again had a convincing win, although it wasn’t a complete blow out.

Tips for this upcoming week?

Some close games this weekend which I am sure can be partially attributed to the rain.

It’s good to see that Glass house have been more competitive over the last few games. Anyone provide feedback?

Marcellin and swans went down to the wire and would have been a tough game.

Aspley had its first loss to Ferny Grove which is a huge step up from last years results for them.

North shore again had a convincing win, although it wasn’t a complete blow out.

Tips for this upcoming week?
I know North Shore had all the play against Kedron! Played on Fisherman’s Rd No.3 which resembled a swamp so the score may have been a little flattering for Kedron.

Last edited:
They did Tex but i thought Kedron competed really well. It was just a bit less skill across the park and Jets have a good FF (who btw is going to be missing for 6 weeks or so as heading overseas). I thought the ground held up pretty well considering the avalanche of water during the day.
They are a good group Jets - hope someone challenges them for their sake too.

They did Tex but i thought Kedron competed really well. It was just a bit less skill across the park and Jets have a good FF (who btw is going to be missing for 6 weeks or so as heading overseas). I thought the ground held up pretty well considering the avalanche of water during the day.
They are a good group Jets - hope someone challenges them for their sake too.
I think he misses 4 games but I think Mihocek coming back in is a fair substitute! 😁

Ok,

Here’s my tips for the north side

North shore to beat UQ - 90 points

Ferny to get over Kedron in what I think will be a very tight game - 10 points

Marcellin to beat Bribie - 25 points, although could also be a very tight game

Swans to beat Glasshouse - 7 goals.

Uni game canned

Wouldn’t be surprised to hear glasshouse game is too

Not good at all. The Kedron/Ferny game is not 100% either. The Ferny Grove oval is no good and Kedrons is being used already.

One of the coaches from Ferny has been on the ring around trying to find a solution which may come to fruition in the morning.

Most teams had already rescheduled games for the bye week as well.

Grim - at least there's some proper May weather forecast for next week to dry out some fields.

Have to assume bringing UQ game up to Maroochydore wasn't an option?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grim - at least there's some proper May weather forecast for next week to dry out some fields.

There was no trying! UQ called it and that was it. There are other options available! UQ playing it safe by taking 2pts and no damage to percentage! 🤷🏼‍♂️

UQ are a bunch of cats. There was other options organised but they wanted to protect their ladder position and opted for the 2 points. Even if I was losing every week it’s a friday night comp at the end of the day surely their players want to have a run around!

Strange if they are that concerned about percentage points. While no one likes to get flogged, I know I would rather still just play and compete.

Good luck to those that do get out for a run this week.

Good to see Ferny Grove made the effort to find an alternative ground to play on! UQ made no effort whatsoever!! Even Bribie offered their ground to play on Saturday. I suppose if you want to play you’ll make it happen!

Good to see Ferny Grove made the effort to find an alternative ground to play on! UQ made no effort whatsoever!! Even Bribie offered their ground to play on Saturday. I suppose if you want to play you’ll make it happen!
I don’t think UQ really care about there 3rds . They don’t even open the bar or canteen for them. I would of smashed bulk cans there if it was open !

A big shout out must go to Aspley, their president Mark and a young bloke named Callum who helped make it happen. Without them the game would have been called off.

A big shout out must go to Aspley, their president Mark and a young bloke named Callum who helped make it happen. Without them the game would have been called off.
Mark is their Football Operations Manager. Champion bloke! Works extremely hard with his team to ensure everyone (men, women and youth) has an opportunity to be the best they can be.

I coach the UQ side. Would it surprise you if lots are not avail on Saturdays due to work commitments.....

Ok,

Here’s my tips for the north side

North shore to beat UQ - 90 points

Ferny to get over Kedron in what I think will be a very tight game - 10 points

Marcellin to beat Bribie - 25 points, although could also be a very tight game

Swans to beat Glasshouse - 7 goals.

Wow, big win for Bribie, beaten by 30 points in the first round against Marcellin into a 70 point win this week, well done.

Ferny win their second on the trot and by 10 points. Looks like the game could have gone either way.

Looked like Swans won comfortably.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mark Perkins is a full time employee of Aspley Footy Club, so you would hope he gets s**t done when everyone else in the league is a volunteer!

Mark Perkins is a full time employee of Aspley Footy Club, so you would hope he gets s**t done when everyone else in the league is a volunteer!

Exactly, an employee at Aspley. He helped Ferny Grove/Kedron play at one of their grounds. He doesn’t get paid by either of those clubs, yet still helped make it happen. I know both Ferny and Kedron were very thankful and I also know it’s important to acknowledge those that help others when they don’t need to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back