QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

New clubs need to have 30 registrations by a certain date.

Pretty late for an existing club to pull the pin. You’d know well before if it wasn’t going to happen numbers wise and if you do have numbers and pull it for other reasons you should be fined at that late stage. Clubs need to plan and that’s a rubbish call.

Maybe the red legs didn’t want a gun 3rds side that takes away from the seniors/ ressies as that can cause drama’s. Looked like they were stretched thin last season. Maybe it’s a wise decision to drop them.

New clubs need to have 30 registrations by a certain date.

Pretty late for an existing club to pull the pin. You’d know well before if it wasn’t going to happen numbers wise and if you do have numbers and pull it for other reasons you should be fined at that late stage. Clubs need to plan and that’s a rubbish call.
Calm down Freddy

I’d agree with the not splitting your club sentiment.

Why would you do it?

The reasoning for quite a few I believe.

HQ to do some analysis of the Friday night plague this year is my prediction

Maybe the red legs didn’t want a gun 3rds side that takes away from the seniors/ ressies as that can cause drama’s. Looked like they were stretched thin last season. Maybe it’s a wise decision to drop them.
Mate here's that facts.
I had no role at the club at all and was having some time away from footy this year. Hadn't been anywhere near it.
Was asked 5 weeks ago if I could try and put a team together as they had plenty in the Saturday group and a few would be missing out on a game every week and would be great if they got a game.
I said ok I'll try.
So I got my best mate and we set out to contact blokes who were not playing at all this year. They hadn't been anywhere near the club either.
In short the response was well received and boys set about getting onto each other and within 4 weeks we had a very good team.
It was a space where we could do Exatly what was asked of us.
Then on Monday nite was told the club would not be going ahead with the Friday team.
Came as a complete surprise to me and the boys.
It's a shame because I belive given time some of those boys may have filtered back to Saturday footy.
I'm just disappointed as we put in a lot of time and effort over the last month to make it happen.

Mate here's that facts.
I had no role at the club at all and was having some time away from footy this year. Hadn't been anywhere near it.
Was asked 5 weeks ago if I could try and put a team together as they had plenty in the Saturday group and a few would be missing out on a game every week and would be great if they got a game.
I said ok I'll try.
So I got my best mate and we set out to contact blokes who were not playing at all this year. They hadn't been anywhere near the club either.
In short the response was well received and boys set about getting onto each other and within 4 weeks we had a very good team.
It was a space where we could do Exatly what was asked of us.
Then on Monday nite was told the club would not be going ahead with the Friday team.
Came as a complete surprise to me and the boys.
It's a shame because I belive given time some of those boys may have filtered back to Saturday footy.
I'm just disappointed as we put in a lot of time and effort over the last month to make it happen.
Fair enough. Good luck to wherever everyone is going to this year 👍

Fair enough. Good luck to wherever everyone is going to this year 👍
Thanks mate and what it did do was get some lads excited about playing again. Just a shame it's at a different place. But they will put thier heart and sole into it. That I can assure you.
They are ripping blokes and whoever gets them they won't let down.
Good luck to your club ad well hope you can keep Building it up.

Thanks mate and what it did do was get some lads excited about playing again. Just a shame it's at a different place. But they will put thier heart and sole into it. That I can assure you.
They are ripping blokes and whoever gets them they won't let down.
Good luck to your club ad well hope you can keep Building it up.
Thanks mate. Hopefully we’re back to Saturday’s next season 👍

thats pretty rough Buck, hope you stay involved somewhere
As rough as the prickly end of a pineapple mate. But the lads and myself have been welcomed by another club. The way they have taken us in is very humbling. So for that we are excited and grateful.

As rough as the prickly end of a pineapple mate. But the lads and myself have been welcomed by another club. The way they have taken us in is very humbling. So for that we are excited and grateful.
Sounds like a good ending for you mate. Hope you have a great season.

How many of the guys you brought down for Friday nights stayed for Saturday footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Th
If your talking about how many at kedron went back to Saturday the answer is zero.
Seems a strange stance by the club then.

I think the issue was as you stated earlier. You recruited guys who weren't playing at all to form the Friday team. They aren't really the 3rds in the true sense of the word. Many are, but plenty not.

Some players only want to play Saturdays, some only want to play Friday nights. You just can't convert some to the other.

Good luck for the year👍

Th

Seems a strange stance by the club then.

I think the issue was as you stated earlier. You recruited guys who weren't playing at all to form the Friday team. They aren't really the 3rds in the true sense of the word. Many are, but plenty not.

Some players only want to play Saturdays, some only want to play Friday nights. You just can't convert some to the other.

Good luck for the year👍
I don't deal the cards mate I just play the hand I'm given.
Now it's time to move on and I have answered the questions to best of my knowledge with respect to all parties.
Good luck everyone and hopefully we will be talking about on field stuff soon.

I am hearing from a good source that the Chooks coach is becoming increasingly frustrated by the low numbers at training. It sounds like they have a praccy game at Collingwood Park tonight.

Woodies played Coorparoo last night. They'll be fine with the step up to Div 3, got some handy players.

Woodies won by less than a kick with a goal in the final minute. Only 5 guys from the Premiership team were playing, but some good ins that will be best 22 by end of year.

Pretty reasonable standard for first and only practice game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back